|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
(b) One of the Misras brothers
(c) Her daughters
2. What sort of books does Tara read?
(d) Science fiction
3. What has Bim worried in this chapter?
(a) A letter from the family business partner, Sharma, has arrived and he wishes to speak to them
(b) Dr. Biswas is courting her again
(c) Bim has just discovered she is pregnant
(d) Baba is ill
4. What honor did Bim receive in school?
(a) Most accomplished reader
(b) Best athlete
(c) Head girl
(d) Most Improved Student
5. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Yell at her
(b) Make love to her
(c) Slap her
(d) Give her an injection for her diabetes
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
2. Where did Bakul and Tara meet?
3. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
4. What papers does she decide to go through?
5. How does Bim remember the incident?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)