|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) She wants a pet
(b) She wanted to murder a cow
(c) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
(d) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
2. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
(a) She takes long walks by the river
(b) She watches hours of television
(c) She becomes cruel to Tara
(d) She uses a punching bag in the gardner's shed
3. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
(a) A dog
(b) A turtle
(c) Roy Rogers
(d) A pigeon
4. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
(a) She does not love him
(b) She is selling the family business and he must move in with Raja
(c) She wants him to start going to the office every day
(d) She is breaking all of his records
5. What does Bim say about rich, fat and successful people?
(a) They are admirable
(b) They are boring
(c) They are exciting
(d) She wants to be one of them
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the cow?
2. What does she do with the papers?
3. What does Tara decide to do after that conversation about Raja?
4. What has happened to the Misras sisters' husbands?
5. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 115, the children ask Mira why their parents play cards, and Mira thinks the answer is obvious. What do you think is the reason?
2. How does Tara see their childhood?
3. How was Baba different?
4. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
5. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
6. What difference does Aunt Mira make in Baba's life?
7. Describe Aunt Mira as she is in this chapter
8. How does Tara see Aunt Mira?
9. What is symbolic about Tara holding Bim's hand on the day of their departure?
10. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)