|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
(a) Tara's description of her own life and that of Raja makes Bim feel excluded
(b) Tara is behaving like a child
(c) Bim is jealous of Tara's wardrobe
(d) Tara has made false accusations against Bim
2. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
(b) He always cheats in order to win
(c) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
(d) He always wins at cards
3. How does Bim remember the incident?
(a) She remembers it just as intensely, but saw it in a different light
(b) She thinks about Tara's betrayal every day
(c) She has never forgiven her sister for running off
(d) She hardly recalls it, thinking only of the minor pain of the stings
4. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
(a) The cat
(d) The cow
5. What honor did Raja receive in school?
(a) Quarterback for the football team
(b) One of his poems won a prize
(c) Member of the National Honor Society
(d) Most Popular
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do every evening?
2. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
3. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
4. How was Baba different from the other children?
5. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 115, the children ask Mira why their parents play cards, and Mira thinks the answer is obvious. What do you think is the reason?
2. How was Baba different?
3. Describe the word games the children played to pass the time.
4. How does Bim see their childhood?
5. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
6. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
7. Describe the children's mother
8. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
9. What is the symbolism the author is relaying when she describes childhood games where the sisters are never able to catch their older brother?
10. Why does Tara fail so miserably in school?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)