|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
(a) A Hero
(b) A librarian
(c) A writer
(d) A soldier
2. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To be disappointed
(b) To be punished by her parents
(c) To find a treasure or become a princess
(d) To find out she was adopted
3. In her mind, what does Bim compare Bakul and Tara, the Misras, Raja and his family to?
(a) Family pets
4. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
(c) Chicken pox
5. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
(a) They cleaned his room and put fresh flowers in it
(b) They drank his private stash of whiskey and tore his magazines
(c) They put on his clothes, imitate him, disturb his papers in his room and smoke his cigarettes
(d) They moved his bed to the lawn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim say when Bakul suggests she talk with Raja before selling?
2. What episode at school upset Tara's emotions so much she seem obsessed with one of the teachers?
3. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
4. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
5. How does Bakul deal with the atmosphere in Tara's family home during their stay?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)