|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tara think was happening?
(a) That her father had killed her mother
(b) That her father was a doctor
(c) That her mother was a drug addict
(d) That her mother was dying of terminal cancer
2. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
(a) Tropic, intense heat and humidity during the summer
(b) Bitter cold, in the mountains of India
(c) On an island off the coast of India, breezy and warm
(d) Moderate, with four distinct seasons of snow, cool autumns, mild summers and pleasant springs.
3. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Make love to her
(b) Yell at her
(c) Give her an injection for her diabetes
(d) Slap her
4. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
5. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
(a) Because they are so accurate
(b) Because Bim uses obscene language in her descriptions
(c) Because Tara has visited Raja often and knows these descriptions are incorrect
(d) Because Bim's descriptions are so loving an admiring, and Tara is concerned Bim is ini love with her own brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
2. What episode at school upset Tara's emotions so much she seem obsessed with one of the teachers?
3. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
4. What sort of books does Tara read?
5. What is Baba's reaction?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)