|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
(a) As if she were a valued member of the family
(b) With respect and love
(c) As if she were their slave
(d) As if she were the Queen of India
2. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
(a) She watches hours of television
(b) She uses a punching bag in the gardner's shed
(c) She takes long walks by the river
(d) She becomes cruel to Tara
3. Alone in her room that afternoon, what does Bim realize?
(a) She wants to leave home
(b) She really hates being a teacher
(c) She loves her brothers and her sister more than anything, and she needs to forgive and make amends
(d) She resents her family
4. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
(a) A librarian
(b) A Hero
(c) A soldier
(d) A writer
5. What honor did Bim receive in school?
(a) Most Improved Student
(b) Most accomplished reader
(c) Best athlete
(d) Head girl
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
2. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
3. What does Bim say when Bakul suggests she talk with Raja before selling?
4. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
5. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aunt Mira as she is in this chapter
2. What difference does Aunt Mira make in Baba's life?
3. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
4. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
5. What is the symbolism of Bim tearing up Raja's old letter concerning the rent?
6. Describe the relationship between Bim and Raja.
7. Why does the author use the episodes of the mad dog, the young teacher, and the bees to describe Tara's character?
8. How does Tara see Aunt Mira?
9. What is symbolic about Tara holding Bim's hand on the day of their departure?
10. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)