|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Raja have?
(a) Five - four daughters and a son
(b) One son and six daughters
(c) One son
(d) Three daughters and two sons
2. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
(a) Hatred of Baba
(b) Beauty and peace
(c) Meanness, cruelty, shaking, talking to herself and hoarding money and food
(d) Inability to understand simple concepts
3. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
(a) The shooting of a mad dog that was hiding under one of the buildings
(b) One of the teachers dies in class
(c) A bird hits the school room window and dies
(d) One of the girls in class injures their head
4. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
(a) She is selling the family business and he must move in with Raja
(b) She is breaking all of his records
(c) She wants him to start going to the office every day
(d) She does not love him
5. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
(a) Biim exposes Tara to a swarm of bees
(b) Bim suspends Tara's telephone rights
(c) Bim tells Aunt Mira lies about Tara
(d) Bim cuts off all of Tara's hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
2. What does Tara decide to do after that conversation about Raja?
3. Who was sent to fetch them?
4. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
5. What has happened to the Misras brothers' wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bim as Tara sees her in this chapter.
2. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
3. Describe the relationship between Bim and Raja.
4. Describe the children's mother
5. Describe Aunt Mira as she is in this chapter
6. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
7. What is symbolic about Tara holding Bim's hand on the day of their departure?
8. What difference does Aunt Mira make in Baba's life?
9. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
10. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)