|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At lunch that day, what does Bim try to force Tara to eat?
(a) Very hot curry
(b) Orange peels
(c) Red meat
(d) A rotten orange
2. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
(a) She ignores her sister and joins in with the teasing
(b) She defends Tara against the other children
(c) She goes to the teachers and asks them for help
(d) She complains to Raja and asks him to fix it
3. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
(c) Her daughters
(d) One of the Misras brothers
4. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
(a) From her daughters
(b) A letter to Tara from Raja
(c) From their mother to their father
(d) From Aunt Mira to their mother
5. How does Bim remember the incident?
(a) She remembers it just as intensely, but saw it in a different light
(b) She has never forgiven her sister for running off
(c) She hardly recalls it, thinking only of the minor pain of the stings
(d) She thinks about Tara's betrayal every day
Short Answer Questions
1. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
2. What papers does she decide to go through?
3. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
4. Alone in her room that afternoon, what does Bim realize?
5. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Raja in Bim's eyes until this chapter begins.
2. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
3. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
4. Describe the relationship between Bim and Raja.
5. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
6. How does Tara see their childhood?
7. Why does Tara want Bim and Baba to go to the wedding of Raja's daughter?
8. Why did Tara think her father was trying to kill her mother?
9. Why does the author use the episodes of the mad dog, the young teacher, and the bees to describe Tara's character?
10. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)