|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
(b) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(c) Watched the evening news on the television
(d) Texted their parents on cell phones
2. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
(c) The cat
(d) The cow
3. What does Bim say when Bakul suggests she talk with Raja before selling?
(a) Who is Raja?
(b) That Raja would not care
(c) I will call him this afternoon
(d) I agree, I will consult him, you and Baba before making a decision.
4. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
(a) Come soon to visit me and Baba
(b) I will bring Baba for a visit next summer
(c) Leave us alone
(d) Send me money
5. What is Baba's reaction?
(a) He cries and runs out of the room
(b) He goes to Tara for help
(c) He draws back from Bim as if she has hit him
(d) He speaks for the first time
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
2. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
3. How did the climate affect the children?
4. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
5. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the word games the children played to pass the time.
2. Why does Bim take out her rage on Baba?
3. How did Bim remember the incident where she was stung by bees?
4. How did Tara remember the incident when Bim was stung by bees?
5. On page 115, the children ask Mira why their parents play cards, and Mira thinks the answer is obvious. What do you think is the reason?
6. Why does Bim resist everything Tara says and mocks Bakul's words?
7. How was Mira treated by her dead husband's family?
8. How was Baba different?
9. Describe Raja in Bim's eyes until this chapter begins.
10. How does Tara see their childhood?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)