|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bim remember the incident?
(a) She has never forgiven her sister for running off
(b) She remembers it just as intensely, but saw it in a different light
(c) She hardly recalls it, thinking only of the minor pain of the stings
(d) She thinks about Tara's betrayal every day
2. What has happened to the Misras brothers' wives?
(a) They have passed away
(b) They have returned to their own families rather than deal with the men
(c) They have pursued careers in the foreign service and travel constantly
(d) They are still at the house, just away shopping
3. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To movies in town
(b) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
(c) To Hyder Ali's house
(d) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
4. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
(a) Watches a favorite tv program
(b) Drinks wine
(c) Calls Raja and talks for hours
(d) Reads her old favorite books
5. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
(a) From her daughters
(b) From Aunt Mira to their mother
(c) From their mother to their father
(d) A letter to Tara from Raja
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
2. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
3. What sort of books does Tara read?
4. How many children does Raja have?
5. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the children's mother
2. What is symbolic about Tara holding Bim's hand on the day of their departure?
3. How does Tara see their childhood?
4. Why is Bakul so shocked when Bim says she has made a decision?
5. Why is the episode with the cow so important to this novel?
6. Describe Aunt Mira as she is in this chapter
7. Describe Raja in Bim's eyes until this chapter begins.
8. What is the symbolism the author is relaying when she describes childhood games where the sisters are never able to catch their older brother?
9. In your opinion, has Bim always been this way and Tara never saw it, or has Bim changed over the years?
10. How does Tara see Aunt Mira?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)