|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color horse does Hyder Ali ride along the banks of the Jumna River
2. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
(a) At the home of Hyder Ali
(b) At the home of the Misras sisters
(c) Under Aunt Mira's bed
(d) On the rose path
3. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When their parents died
(b) When the bees attacked Bim
(c) When the mad dog was shot at school
(d) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
4. When Bim and Baba return from Hyder Ali Sahib's house, what has happened?
(a) Tara has run off with Bakul
(b) Aunt Mira has lost her mind and is running through the garden naked
(c) The cow has drowned in the garden
(d) All of the roses have died
5. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
(c) Pebbles given to him by Aunt Mira
(d) Video games
Short Answer Questions
1. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
2. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
3. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
4. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
5. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Raja so upset about the whereabouts of the family of Hyder Ali Sahid?
2. How does Bim feel about her youth? Why do you think she feels that way?
3. Why does Tara begin to spend time with the Misras sisters?
4. Why does Bim show the letter from Raja to Tara?
5. Why does the tea party with Dr. Biswas, his mother and Bim go badly?
6. Why do you think the children's parents are at the club playing bridge every night?
7. Describe Bim as an adult woman, including her attitude towards her family members as well as her appearance.
8. Describe Aunt Mira's behavior in this chapter.
9. How does Tara feel about her youth? What makes her feel that way?
10. What are some of the basic differences between Tara and Bim? Examine their appearance, their attitudes, their sense of family.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)