|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children call their father?
(a) The one who loves us
(c) The master of the entrance and the exit
2. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the bees attacked Bim
(b) When their parents died
(c) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(d) When the mad dog was shot at school
3. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
4. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had t.b.
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had diabetes
(d) He was slowly poisoning her
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Curfew bells sound
(b) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(c) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(d) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
2. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
3. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
4. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
5. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does so much responsibility fall to Bim?
2. Describe Aunt Mira's behavior in this chapter.
3. Why is Raja so upset about the whereabouts of the family of Hyder Ali Sahid?
4. Why does Tara begin to spend time with the Misras sisters?
5. Why do you think the children's parents are at the club playing bridge every night?
6. Describe Bim as an adult woman, including her attitude towards her family members as well as her appearance.
7. Describe the family home and the feeling you get about it.
8. What are some of the basic differences between Tara and Bim? Examine their appearance, their attitudes, their sense of family.
9. What is Tara's purpose in coming to the family home?
10. Why do the children think of their father as the master of the entrance and the exit?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)