|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
(a) Their mother
(b) Aunt Mira
(c) Their father
(d) The cow
2. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
3. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
4. What does Bim think of his statement?
(a) She agrees and begins weeping
(b) She believes it to be completely false
(c) She is angry and throws him out of the house
(d) She seeks out his mother for her opnion
5. When Bim and Baba return from Hyder Ali Sahib's house, what has happened?
(a) Tara has run off with Bakul
(b) The cow has drowned in the garden
(c) All of the roses have died
(d) Aunt Mira has lost her mind and is running through the garden naked
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
2. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
3. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
4. Who does Raja suggest to take over the family business?
5. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bim begin to respond to Dr. Biswas and his invitations to take her out?
2. How does Tara feel about her youth? What makes her feel that way?
3. Why do the children think of their father as the master of the entrance and the exit?
4. Describe Aunt Mira's behavior in this chapter.
5. Describe the family home and the feeling you get about it.
6. Why is Bim's conversation with the elder Misras important to the plot?
7. Describe the way Bim speaks to Tara, to Bakul and to Baba.
8. Why do you think Bim believes she is seeing Aunt Mira's ghost in the garden?
9. Why does Raja refuse to take over the family business?
10. What is the difference between the languages of Urdu and Hindi?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)