|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
(a) Put her in a home
(b) Counseling, and AA meetings
(c) Give her alcohol
(d) Have her killed
2. What does Bim compare her cat to?
(a) Their mother
(c) Tara's daughters
3. What happened to the father?
(a) He remarries
(b) He dies in an automobile accident
(c) He falls in love with Mira
(d) He becomes successful in business and leaves
4. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
(a) They were all killed in the riots
(b) They escaped to Hyderabad
(c) They fled to America
(d) They were imprisoned
5. What do the children call their father?
(c) The one who loves us
(d) The master of the entrance and the exit
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
2. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
3. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
4. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
5. Why can't they visit more often?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bim's conversation with the elder Misras important to the plot?
2. How does Bim feel about her youth? Why do you think she feels that way?
3. Why does so much responsibility fall to Bim?
4. Why do you think Bim believes she is seeing Aunt Mira's ghost in the garden?
5. Why does Tara begin to spend time with the Misras sisters?
6. Describe Bakul's appearance and behavior, and discuss his attitude towards his work and towards his wife.
7. How does Bim describe time? What do you think she means by this?
8. Why does Dr. Biswas feel a sense of failure after talking to Bim about Raja's tuberculosis?
9. Describe Aunt Mira's behavior in this chapter.
10. Describe the way Bim speaks to Tara, to Bakul and to Baba.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)