|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
(a) Allow him to move into the house
(b) Meet his mother
(c) His laundry
(d) Travel to Ceylon with him
2. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
(a) She is not interested in men
(b) Because she is in love with someone else
(c) She wants to become a num
(d) She has dedicated her life to caring for her aunt and her brothers
3. What helps Raja to begin to get better?
(a) A letter from Hyder Ali Sahib and his daughter Benazir
(b) A new medicine brought by Dr. Biswas
(c) He falls in love with one of the Misras sisters
(d) Winter arrives and it is cooler
4. What language does Raja admire the most?
5. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(b) As reserved, but compassionate
(c) She does not remember them at all
(d) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
2. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
3. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
4. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
5. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bim's conversation with the elder Misras important to the plot?
2. Why is Tara so disturbed by Bim's remarks on the lawn with Bakul and the Misras?
3. Why do the children think of their father as the master of the entrance and the exit?
4. What resulted from Raja's admiration of Hyder Ali Sahid?
5. Why does the tea party with Dr. Biswas, his mother and Bim go badly?
6. Why does Raja leave Bim alone to care for Baba?
7. How does Bim feel about her youth? Why do you think she feels that way?
8. What is symbolic about the father's car that was left in the garage after his death?
9. Why do you think Bim believes she is seeing Aunt Mira's ghost in the garden?
10. How does Tara feel about her youth? What makes her feel that way?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)