|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
2. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Baba's old 78 records
(b) Bakul's transister radio
(c) Aunt Mira playing the flute
(d) Country music from the Misras home
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They want to be with their brothers
(b) They were wounded in the war
(c) Their husbands have abandoned them
(d) They have a home based internet business
4. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(b) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(c) A scrapbook
(d) Photos of their last visit
5. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Get slowly but surely drunk
(b) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
(c) Sleep on the grass
(d) Flirt with Mulk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
2. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
3. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
4. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
5. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the way Bim speaks to Tara, to Bakul and to Baba.
2. Describe how Bim sees her brother's poems now.
3. Why does Bim begin to respond to Dr. Biswas and his invitations to take her out?
4. What resulted from Raja's admiration of Hyder Ali Sahid?
5. What is Tara's purpose in coming to the family home?
6. Why do you think the children's parents are at the club playing bridge every night?
7. Why does the tea party with Dr. Biswas, his mother and Bim go badly?
8. Describe Bim as an adult woman, including her attitude towards her family members as well as her appearance.
9. How does Bim describe time? What do you think she means by this?
10. Describe Aunt Mira's behavior in this chapter.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)