|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
(a) She is breaking all of his records
(b) She does not love him
(c) She wants him to start going to the office every day
(d) She is selling the family business and he must move in with Raja
2. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
(a) A dog
(b) Roy Rogers
(c) A turtle
(d) A pigeon
3. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
(a) One of the Misras sisters
4. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
5. What has Bim worried in this chapter?
(a) A letter from the family business partner, Sharma, has arrived and he wishes to speak to them
(b) Baba is ill
(c) Dr. Biswas is courting her again
(d) Bim has just discovered she is pregnant
6. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
(a) Moderate, with four distinct seasons of snow, cool autumns, mild summers and pleasant springs.
(b) Tropic, intense heat and humidity during the summer
(c) Bitter cold, in the mountains of India
(d) On an island off the coast of India, breezy and warm
7. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
8. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
(a) To take Bim shopping for new clothes
(b) To encourage Bim and Raja to meet and talk
(c) To have Bim committed to an institution
(d) To forget about it
9. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
(a) Vigorous exercise three times per day
(b) Strict diet of fruit and vegetables
(c) Walk in the garden every day
10. That night on the veranda, what does Tara become upset about and apologize for?
(a) The time Bim gets attacked by bees and Tara did nothing
(b) For marrying Bakul instead of Dr. Biswas
(c) The time she got angry at Bim for cutting her hair
(d) For leaving Bim with Baba
11. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
(b) The cow
(d) The cat
12. When was the last time that Bim has seen Raja?
(a) Just after the birth of his third child
(b) Last week
(c) Just after he was married and his first child was born
(d) Last year
13. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
(a) The family kitchen
(b) The River Jumna
(c) Hyder Ali Sahib's house
(d) The mall
14. How many children does Raja have?
(a) One son and six daughters
(b) One son
(c) Three daughters and two sons
(d) Five - four daughters and a son
15. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
(a) Listening to records
(b) Stamp collecting
(c) Reading adventure books and acting out the hero characters
(d) Watching cartoons
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
2. What honor did Raja receive in school?
3. What have the Misras sisters become?
4. How does Bim treat Tara, even as an adult?
5. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)