|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
(a) They cleaned his room and put fresh flowers in it
(b) They drank his private stash of whiskey and tore his magazines
(c) They moved his bed to the lawn
(d) They put on his clothes, imitate him, disturb his papers in his room and smoke his cigarettes
2. How does Bim treat Tara, even as an adult?
(a) With love and respect
(b) Like a close friend
(c) Like a competitor or a rival
(d) Like a younger, weaker sister who is there to be manipulated
3. Who was sent to fetch them?
(a) Tara and Baba
(b) Aunt Mira
(c) Hyder Ali
(d) The Misras brothers
4. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Slap her
(b) Make love to her
(c) Give her an injection for her diabetes
(d) Yell at her
5. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
(a) He would think nothing, and he would not even know she was gone
(b) He would find a career to occupy his time
(c) He would be relieved
(d) He would buy new records with the inheritance
6. Where did Bakul and Tara meet?
(a) At the house of the Misras family
(b) At church
(c) At Hyder Ali's house
(d) At school
7. After she speaks to Baba, who does Bim seek out to vent her anger?
(a) The cat
(c) the cook
(d) No one, her anger is finally spent
8. How does Bim remember the incident?
(a) She thinks about Tara's betrayal every day
(b) She remembers it just as intensely, but saw it in a different light
(c) She has never forgiven her sister for running off
(d) She hardly recalls it, thinking only of the minor pain of the stings
9. What has happened to the Misras sisters' husbands?
(a) They have divorced the sitsers
(b) They have died
(c) They have been lost at sea
(d) They have abandoned the sisters
10. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
(a) The cat
(c) The cow
11. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
(a) Charity Thursdays
(b) Class picture day
(c) Sports Day
(d) Spelling tests
12. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) He always cheats in order to win
(b) He always wins at cards
(c) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
(d) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
13. What has happened to the Misras brothers' wives?
(a) They have passed away
(b) They have returned to their own families rather than deal with the men
(c) They have pursued careers in the foreign service and travel constantly
(d) They are still at the house, just away shopping
14. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
(a) Because Bim's descriptions are so loving an admiring, and Tara is concerned Bim is ini love with her own brother
(b) Because Tara has visited Raja often and knows these descriptions are incorrect
(c) Because Bim uses obscene language in her descriptions
(d) Because they are so accurate
15. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
(a) She could not teach him to dress himself
(b) She could not teach him to try new things
(c) She could not teach him how to talk
(d) She could not teach him to eat
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor did Bim receive in school?
2. Who of the family needed Aunt Mira the most?
3. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
4. What episode at school upset Tara's emotions so much she seem obsessed with one of the teachers?
5. In this chapter, what does Tara apologize to Bim for?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)