|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bakul deal with the atmosphere in Tara's family home during their stay?
(a) He tries to assist Tara in working out the problems with her sister
(b) He schedules luncheons and meetings all day every day
(c) He encourages the sisters to talk it out
(d) He manipulates Bim and Tara to cause further anger
2. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
(a) To take Bim shopping for new clothes
(b) To encourage Bim and Raja to meet and talk
(c) To have Bim committed to an institution
(d) To forget about it
3. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
(a) Chicken pox
4. Which of the children grew up to become exactly what they said they wanted to be as a child?
(a) Raja a hero
(b) Bim the teacher
(c) Tara, becoming a mother
(d) Baba the insurance salesman
5. What honor did Bim receive in school?
(a) Head girl
(b) Most accomplished reader
(c) Best athlete
(d) Most Improved Student
6. Where did Bakul and Tara meet?
(a) At school
(b) At church
(c) At the house of the Misras family
(d) At Hyder Ali's house
7. When Tara is speaking to Bakul about her realizations about her sister, what is Bakul thinking about?
(a) His work
(b) Sleeping with another woman
(c) His travel arrangements
(d) His luncheon that next day
8. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
(a) She cannot find her purse
(b) She found these keys in Bim's desk and Bim gave them to her
(c) She likes the sound it makes when she walks
(d) Bakul has asked her to keep the keys to their trunks and suitcases
9. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
(b) Her daughters
(c) One of the Misras brothers
10. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
(a) From their mother to their father
(b) From Aunt Mira to their mother
(c) From her daughters
(d) A letter to Tara from Raja
11. Who is successful and popular at school?
(b) Their mother
(c) Bim and Raja
12. How does Bim remember the incident?
(a) She remembers it just as intensely, but saw it in a different light
(b) She hardly recalls it, thinking only of the minor pain of the stings
(c) She thinks about Tara's betrayal every day
(d) She has never forgiven her sister for running off
13. What have the Misras sisters become?
(a) Corporate leaders
14. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
15. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
(a) Spelling tests
(b) Class picture day
(c) Sports Day
(d) Charity Thursdays
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
2. In her mind, what does Bim compare Bakul and Tara, the Misras, Raja and his family to?
3. What happened to the cow?
4. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
5. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)