|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
(a) The mall
(b) The River Jumna
(c) Hyder Ali Sahib's house
(d) The family kitchen
2. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
(a) Bim suspends Tara's telephone rights
(b) Bim cuts off all of Tara's hair
(c) Bim tells Aunt Mira lies about Tara
(d) Biim exposes Tara to a swarm of bees
3. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
(d) Chicken pox
4. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
5. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
(a) Because they are so accurate
(b) Because Bim's descriptions are so loving an admiring, and Tara is concerned Bim is ini love with her own brother
(c) Because Tara has visited Raja often and knows these descriptions are incorrect
(d) Because Bim uses obscene language in her descriptions
6. What happened to the cow?
(a) It was accidently sent to the butcher
(b) It drowned in the garden pond
(c) It lived a long life and Bim ended up caring for it in its old age
(d) It ran off with the gardner
7. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Yell at her
(b) Slap her
(c) Make love to her
(d) Give her an injection for her diabetes
8. What does Baba say?
(a) "You are right, I should go"
(b) "Who is Raja?"
(c) "I hate you"
9. What have the Misras sisters become?
(b) Corporate leaders
10. What episode at school upset Tara's emotions so much she seem obsessed with one of the teachers?
(a) A female teacher falls in love with Tara
(b) A female teacher was found to be having an affair with a local monk
(c) Two of the teachers fall in love
(d) A teacher elopes with Sharma
11. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
(b) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
(c) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
(d) They were active in sports
12. That night on the veranda, what does Tara become upset about and apologize for?
(a) The time she got angry at Bim for cutting her hair
(b) The time Bim gets attacked by bees and Tara did nothing
(c) For marrying Bakul instead of Dr. Biswas
(d) For leaving Bim with Baba
13. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
(a) Tara is behaving like a child
(b) Bim is jealous of Tara's wardrobe
(c) Tara has made false accusations against Bim
(d) Tara's description of her own life and that of Raja makes Bim feel excluded
14. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
(a) To encourage Bim and Raja to meet and talk
(b) To take Bim shopping for new clothes
(c) To forget about it
(d) To have Bim committed to an institution
15. Who of the family needed Aunt Mira the most?
(a) The father
(b) The mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
2. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
3. When was the last time that Bim has seen Raja?
4. What sort of books does Tara read?
5. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)