|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
(a) Strict diet of fruit and vegetables
(b) Walk in the garden every day
(c) Vigorous exercise three times per day
2. What is Theosophy?
(a) A form of religion
(b) A type of cow
(c) A type of cat
(d) A way to cook meat
3. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
(b) He always cheats in order to win
(c) He always wins at cards
(d) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
4. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
(b) Aunt Mira
(c) The cook
(d) The cow
5. Alone in her room that afternoon, what does Bim realize?
(a) She resents her family
(b) She loves her brothers and her sister more than anything, and she needs to forgive and make amends
(c) She wants to leave home
(d) She really hates being a teacher
6. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
7. That night on the veranda, what does Tara become upset about and apologize for?
(a) For leaving Bim with Baba
(b) The time she got angry at Bim for cutting her hair
(c) The time Bim gets attacked by bees and Tara did nothing
(d) For marrying Bakul instead of Dr. Biswas
8. What has happened to the Misras sisters' husbands?
(a) They have divorced the sitsers
(b) They have abandoned the sisters
(c) They have been lost at sea
(d) They have died
9. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Give her an injection for her diabetes
(b) Yell at her
(c) Slap her
(d) Make love to her
10. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
(a) She complains to Raja and asks him to fix it
(b) She ignores her sister and joins in with the teasing
(c) She goes to the teachers and asks them for help
(d) She defends Tara against the other children
11. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
12. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
(a) Tara is behaving like a child
(b) Tara's description of her own life and that of Raja makes Bim feel excluded
(c) Bim is jealous of Tara's wardrobe
(d) Tara has made false accusations against Bim
13. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
14. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
(a) Drinks wine
(b) Reads her old favorite books
(c) Calls Raja and talks for hours
(d) Watches a favorite tv program
15. When Bakul sees Bim at her desk the next morning and offers to help with speaking to Sharma, what is her reaction?
(a) Bim thanks him for his concern
(b) Bim asks him to speak to Sharma
(c) Bim pretends there is no problem
(d) Bim says she is going to sell the family shares to the business
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
2. What has Bim worried in this chapter?
3. How did the climate affect the children?
4. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
5. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)