|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she speaks to Baba, who does Bim seek out to vent her anger?
(a) the cook
(b) The cat
(d) No one, her anger is finally spent
2. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Make love to her
(b) Slap her
(c) Yell at her
(d) Give her an injection for her diabetes
3. What does Bim say when Bakul suggests she talk with Raja before selling?
(a) That Raja would not care
(b) I agree, I will consult him, you and Baba before making a decision.
(c) I will call him this afternoon
(d) Who is Raja?
4. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
5. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
(a) She offers other examples of Bim's strange behavior
(b) She offers to help Tara speak with her
(c) She offers to come live with Bim and help her
(d) She says Bim is fine
6. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
(a) Listening to records
(b) Stamp collecting
(c) Reading adventure books and acting out the hero characters
(d) Watching cartoons
7. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
(a) She could not decide what courses to take
(b) Tara hated school
(c) She could not afford college
(d) She was pregnant
8. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
(a) He would be relieved
(b) He would buy new records with the inheritance
(c) He would find a career to occupy his time
(d) He would think nothing, and he would not even know she was gone
9. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
(a) They put on his clothes, imitate him, disturb his papers in his room and smoke his cigarettes
(b) They drank his private stash of whiskey and tore his magazines
(c) They cleaned his room and put fresh flowers in it
(d) They moved his bed to the lawn
10. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
(b) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
(c) To Hyder Ali's house
(d) To movies in town
11. How was Baba different from the other children?
(a) He was darker in skin color
(b) He could see into the future
(c) He was brilliant, a quick learner and early to walk and talk
(d) He was very slow to progress and did not talk
12. What does Tara decide to do after that conversation about Raja?
(a) Leave earlier than they had planned
(b) Write a letter to Bim's school and share her concerns
(c) Call Raja and tell him what happened
(d) Watch her sister's behavior more closely
13. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
(a) Because they are so accurate
(b) Because Tara has visited Raja often and knows these descriptions are incorrect
(c) Because Bim's descriptions are so loving an admiring, and Tara is concerned Bim is ini love with her own brother
(d) Because Bim uses obscene language in her descriptions
14. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
(b) Vigorous exercise three times per day
(c) Walk in the garden every day
(d) Strict diet of fruit and vegetables
15. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bakul treat Tara?
2. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
3. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
4. How does Bim remember the incident?
5. How many children does Raja have?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)