|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Raja have?
(a) One son and six daughters
(b) Three daughters and two sons
(c) Five - four daughters and a son
(d) One son
2. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
(a) He would be relieved
(b) He would think nothing, and he would not even know she was gone
(c) He would find a career to occupy his time
(d) He would buy new records with the inheritance
3. In this chapter, what does Tara apologize to Bim for?
(a) Cutting Bim's hair off
(b) Departing so soon after marriage and leaving Bim to care for Baba
(c) Marrying Baku when she knew Bim was in love with him
(d) Eating all the oranges
4. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
(a) She offers to come live with Bim and help her
(b) She offers other examples of Bim's strange behavior
(c) She says Bim is fine
(d) She offers to help Tara speak with her
5. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
(b) She wants a pet
(c) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
(d) She wanted to murder a cow
6. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(b) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
(c) Texted their parents on cell phones
(d) Watched the evening news on the television
7. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
(a) She could not teach him how to talk
(b) She could not teach him to eat
(c) She could not teach him to try new things
(d) She could not teach him to dress himself
8. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
(a) Biim exposes Tara to a swarm of bees
(b) Bim suspends Tara's telephone rights
(c) Bim cuts off all of Tara's hair
(d) Bim tells Aunt Mira lies about Tara
9. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
(a) To have Bim committed to an institution
(b) To forget about it
(c) To take Bim shopping for new clothes
(d) To encourage Bim and Raja to meet and talk
10. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
(a) They put on his clothes, imitate him, disturb his papers in his room and smoke his cigarettes
(b) They moved his bed to the lawn
(c) They cleaned his room and put fresh flowers in it
(d) They drank his private stash of whiskey and tore his magazines
11. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
(a) A dog
(b) A pigeon
(c) A turtle
(d) Roy Rogers
12. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
(a) She wants him to start going to the office every day
(b) She does not love him
(c) She is breaking all of his records
(d) She is selling the family business and he must move in with Raja
13. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
(a) She found these keys in Bim's desk and Bim gave them to her
(b) She cannot find her purse
(c) Bakul has asked her to keep the keys to their trunks and suitcases
(d) She likes the sound it makes when she walks
14. What does Bim say about rich, fat and successful people?
(a) They are admirable
(b) She wants to be one of them
(c) They are exciting
(d) They are boring
15. What have the Misras sisters become?
(c) Corporate leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
2. How was Baba different from the other children?
3. At lunch that day, what does Bim try to force Tara to eat?
4. What is Theosophy?
5. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)