|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the Misras sisters' husbands?
(a) They have died
(b) They have been lost at sea
(c) They have abandoned the sisters
(d) They have divorced the sitsers
2. Which of the children grew up to become exactly what they said they wanted to be as a child?
(a) Raja a hero
(b) Bim the teacher
(c) Baba the insurance salesman
(d) Tara, becoming a mother
3. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To find a treasure or become a princess
(b) To be disappointed
(c) To be punished by her parents
(d) To find out she was adopted
4. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They were active in sports
(b) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
(c) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
(d) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
5. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
(b) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
(c) She wants a pet
(d) She wanted to murder a cow
6. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
(a) The shooting of a mad dog that was hiding under one of the buildings
(b) One of the teachers dies in class
(c) A bird hits the school room window and dies
(d) One of the girls in class injures their head
7. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
(a) Because they are so accurate
(b) Because Bim's descriptions are so loving an admiring, and Tara is concerned Bim is ini love with her own brother
(c) Because Tara has visited Raja often and knows these descriptions are incorrect
(d) Because Bim uses obscene language in her descriptions
8. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
(b) One of the Misras sisters
9. What does Bim say about rich, fat and successful people?
(a) They are admirable
(b) They are boring
(c) They are exciting
(d) She wants to be one of them
10. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
(a) Class picture day
(b) Sports Day
(c) Spelling tests
(d) Charity Thursdays
11. Alone in her room that afternoon, what does Bim realize?
(a) She really hates being a teacher
(b) She wants to leave home
(c) She resents her family
(d) She loves her brothers and her sister more than anything, and she needs to forgive and make amends
12. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
(a) He would be relieved
(b) He would find a career to occupy his time
(c) He would buy new records with the inheritance
(d) He would think nothing, and he would not even know she was gone
13. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Make love to her
(b) Give her an injection for her diabetes
(c) Yell at her
(d) Slap her
14. What honor did Raja receive in school?
(a) Quarterback for the football team
(b) Member of the National Honor Society
(c) One of his poems won a prize
(d) Most Popular
15. Who of the family needed Aunt Mira the most?
(a) The mother
(c) The father
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the cow?
2. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
3. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
4. Where did Bakul and Tara meet?
5. What did Tara think was happening?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)