|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
(a) Watches a favorite tv program
(b) Drinks wine
(c) Calls Raja and talks for hours
(d) Reads her old favorite books
2. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To find a treasure or become a princess
(b) To find out she was adopted
(c) To be disappointed
(d) To be punished by her parents
3. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
(a) To encourage Bim and Raja to meet and talk
(b) To forget about it
(c) To have Bim committed to an institution
(d) To take Bim shopping for new clothes
4. How does Bim treat Tara, even as an adult?
(a) Like a competitor or a rival
(b) Like a close friend
(c) Like a younger, weaker sister who is there to be manipulated
(d) With love and respect
5. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
6. What does Bim say about rich, fat and successful people?
(a) They are exciting
(b) She wants to be one of them
(c) They are boring
(d) They are admirable
7. What did Mira give the children that their own parents did not?
(a) Strict discipline and punishment
(b) Compassion and attention
(c) Drugs and alcohol
(d) Presents and money
8. That night on the veranda, what does Tara become upset about and apologize for?
(a) The time she got angry at Bim for cutting her hair
(b) The time Bim gets attacked by bees and Tara did nothing
(c) For marrying Bakul instead of Dr. Biswas
(d) For leaving Bim with Baba
9. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
(d) Chicken pox
10. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
(a) Stamp collecting
(b) Reading adventure books and acting out the hero characters
(c) Watching cartoons
(d) Listening to records
11. How does Bakul treat Tara?
(a) As a sexy, exciting partner
(b) As a companion whose opinion is well respected
(c) Like a rug on which to wipe his feet
(d) As a beloved servant
12. What is Theosophy?
(a) A type of cow
(b) A type of cat
(c) A way to cook meat
(d) A form of religion
13. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
(b) One of the Misras sisters
14. What is Baba's reaction?
(a) He speaks for the first time
(b) He cries and runs out of the room
(c) He goes to Tara for help
(d) He draws back from Bim as if she has hit him
15. Who was sent to fetch them?
(a) The Misras brothers
(b) Tara and Baba
(c) Aunt Mira
(d) Hyder Ali
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
2. What big event is happening at Raja's house?
3. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
4. What did Tara think was happening?
5. How was Baba different from the other children?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)