Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of books does Tara read?
(a) Science fiction
2. What did Tara think was happening?
(a) That her father had killed her mother
(b) That her father was a doctor
(c) That her mother was dying of terminal cancer
(d) That her mother was a drug addict
3. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Yell at her
(b) Give her an injection for her diabetes
(c) Slap her
(d) Make love to her
4. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To be punished by her parents
(b) To find a treasure or become a princess
(c) To be disappointed
(d) To find out she was adopted
5. What honor did Raja receive in school?
(a) Member of the National Honor Society
(b) Most Popular
(c) One of his poems won a prize
(d) Quarterback for the football team
6. How does Bim treat Tara, even as an adult?
(a) With love and respect
(b) Like a competitor or a rival
(c) Like a younger, weaker sister who is there to be manipulated
(d) Like a close friend
7. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
(b) He always wins at cards
(c) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
(d) He always cheats in order to win
8. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Watched the evening news on the television
(b) Texted their parents on cell phones
(c) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(d) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
9. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
(a) He would be relieved
(b) He would think nothing, and he would not even know she was gone
(c) He would find a career to occupy his time
(d) He would buy new records with the inheritance
10. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
(a) Meanness, cruelty, shaking, talking to herself and hoarding money and food
(b) Beauty and peace
(c) Hatred of Baba
(d) Inability to understand simple concepts
11. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
(a) The shooting of a mad dog that was hiding under one of the buildings
(b) One of the teachers dies in class
(c) A bird hits the school room window and dies
(d) One of the girls in class injures their head
12. When Bakul sees Bim at her desk the next morning and offers to help with speaking to Sharma, what is her reaction?
(a) Bim asks him to speak to Sharma
(b) Bim pretends there is no problem
(c) Bim says she is going to sell the family shares to the business
(d) Bim thanks him for his concern
13. Who was sent to fetch them?
(a) Tara and Baba
(b) Aunt Mira
(c) The Misras brothers
(d) Hyder Ali
14. What did Mira give the children that their own parents did not?
(a) Drugs and alcohol
(b) Presents and money
(c) Compassion and attention
(d) Strict discipline and punishment
15. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the Misras sisters' husbands?
2. When Tara is speaking to Bakul about her realizations about her sister, what is Bakul thinking about?
3. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
4. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
5. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)