Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theosophy?
(a) A type of cow
(b) A type of cat
(c) A way to cook meat
(d) A form of religion
2. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
3. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) He always wins at cards
(b) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
(c) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
(d) He always cheats in order to win
4. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
(a) Inability to understand simple concepts
(b) Beauty and peace
(c) Meanness, cruelty, shaking, talking to herself and hoarding money and food
(d) Hatred of Baba
5. What papers does she decide to go through?
(a) Bakul's official papers
(b) Tara's private papers
(c) The ones in the bottom drawer of the desk
(d) Old drawings done by Baba
6. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
(b) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
(c) To movies in town
(d) To Hyder Ali's house
7. What did Bim want to be when she was grown up?
(a) A caregiver
(b) A card player
(c) A Heroine
(d) A race car driver
8. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
(b) She wanted to murder a cow
(c) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
(d) She wants a pet
9. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
(a) A soldier
(b) A Hero
(c) A librarian
(d) A writer
10. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
(a) With respect and love
(b) As if she were a valued member of the family
(c) As if she were their slave
(d) As if she were the Queen of India
11. How does Bim remember the incident?
(a) She remembers it just as intensely, but saw it in a different light
(b) She thinks about Tara's betrayal every day
(c) She hardly recalls it, thinking only of the minor pain of the stings
(d) She has never forgiven her sister for running off
12. How does Bakul deal with the atmosphere in Tara's family home during their stay?
(a) He manipulates Bim and Tara to cause further anger
(b) He schedules luncheons and meetings all day every day
(c) He tries to assist Tara in working out the problems with her sister
(d) He encourages the sisters to talk it out
13. How does Bim treat Tara, even as an adult?
(a) Like a younger, weaker sister who is there to be manipulated
(b) Like a close friend
(c) With love and respect
(d) Like a competitor or a rival
14. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
(a) She is selling the family business and he must move in with Raja
(b) She is breaking all of his records
(c) She does not love him
(d) She wants him to start going to the office every day
15. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To find out she was adopted
(b) To be punished by her parents
(c) To be disappointed
(d) To find a treasure or become a princess
Short Answer Questions
1. That night on the veranda, what does Tara become upset about and apologize for?
2. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
3. How many children does Raja have?
4. What big event is happening at Raja's house?
5. At lunch that day, what does Bim try to force Tara to eat?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)