|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
(a) Come soon to visit me and Baba
(b) I will bring Baba for a visit next summer
(c) Leave us alone
(d) Send me money
2. What have the Misras sisters become?
(b) Corporate leaders
3. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
(a) Reading adventure books and acting out the hero characters
(b) Listening to records
(c) Watching cartoons
(d) Stamp collecting
4. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
(a) Chicken pox
5. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
6. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
(a) She ignores her sister and joins in with the teasing
(b) She defends Tara against the other children
(c) She goes to the teachers and asks them for help
(d) She complains to Raja and asks him to fix it
7. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
(a) One of the Misras brothers
(d) Her daughters
8. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
(a) To encourage Bim and Raja to meet and talk
(b) To take Bim shopping for new clothes
(c) To forget about it
(d) To have Bim committed to an institution
9. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
(a) She offers to come live with Bim and help her
(b) She offers to help Tara speak with her
(c) She says Bim is fine
(d) She offers other examples of Bim's strange behavior
10. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
11. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
(a) From Aunt Mira to their mother
(b) From their mother to their father
(c) A letter to Tara from Raja
(d) From her daughters
12. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
(a) Tara hated school
(b) She could not decide what courses to take
(c) She was pregnant
(d) She could not afford college
13. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
14. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
(a) The family kitchen
(b) Hyder Ali Sahib's house
(c) The mall
(d) The River Jumna
15. What has Bim worried in this chapter?
(a) Bim has just discovered she is pregnant
(b) A letter from the family business partner, Sharma, has arrived and he wishes to speak to them
(c) Dr. Biswas is courting her again
(d) Baba is ill
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
2. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
3. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
4. What happened to the cow?
5. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)