|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the Misras brothers' wives?
(a) They have passed away
(b) They are still at the house, just away shopping
(c) They have pursued careers in the foreign service and travel constantly
(d) They have returned to their own families rather than deal with the men
2. What have the Misras sisters become?
(a) Corporate leaders
3. What is Theosophy?
(a) A form of religion
(b) A way to cook meat
(c) A type of cow
(d) A type of cat
4. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
(a) Because Bim uses obscene language in her descriptions
(b) Because Bim's descriptions are so loving an admiring, and Tara is concerned Bim is ini love with her own brother
(c) Because they are so accurate
(d) Because Tara has visited Raja often and knows these descriptions are incorrect
5. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
(b) One of the Misras sisters
6. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To Hyder Ali's house
(b) To movies in town
(c) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
(d) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
7. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
(a) A dog
(b) A turtle
(c) Roy Rogers
(d) A pigeon
8. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) She wants a pet
(b) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
(c) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
(d) She wanted to murder a cow
9. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
(a) From their mother to their father
(b) From her daughters
(c) From Aunt Mira to their mother
(d) A letter to Tara from Raja
10. How many children does Raja have?
(a) Five - four daughters and a son
(b) One son
(c) Three daughters and two sons
(d) One son and six daughters
11. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
(a) The River Jumna
(b) The mall
(c) Hyder Ali Sahib's house
(d) The family kitchen
12. What does Baba say?
(a) "Who is Raja?"
(b) "You are right, I should go"
(c) "I hate you"
13. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
14. In this chapter, what does Tara apologize to Bim for?
(a) Departing so soon after marriage and leaving Bim to care for Baba
(b) Marrying Baku when she knew Bim was in love with him
(c) Eating all the oranges
(d) Cutting Bim's hair off
15. How does Bim treat Tara, even as an adult?
(a) With love and respect
(b) Like a close friend
(c) Like a younger, weaker sister who is there to be manipulated
(d) Like a competitor or a rival
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara is speaking to Bakul about her realizations about her sister, what is Bakul thinking about?
2. What is Baba's reaction?
3. That night on the veranda, what does Tara become upset about and apologize for?
4. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
5. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)