|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Move away from the house
(b) Do her laundry
(c) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
(d) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
2. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) Aunt Mira
(b) The jet-black cat
(d) The pet dog
3. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
4. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
5. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
(a) Ability to read
(b) Ability to speak another language
(c) Ability to write
(d) Ability to memorize and recite
6. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
(b) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
(c) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
(d) Bim alone
7. What does Dr. Biswas say is wrong with Bim?
(a) She is conceited
(b) She is getting gray
(c) She is caring for too many sick people
(d) She is getting fat
8. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
(a) To bed
(b) To a play
(c) To a concert
(d) To the river
9. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
10. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Indian Partition
(c) Dr. Biswas
(d) Bollywood celebrities
11. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Bakul cannot drive
(b) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(c) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
(d) Tara is afraid of travelling
12. What does Bim think of his statement?
(a) She is angry and throws him out of the house
(b) She seeks out his mother for her opnion
(c) She agrees and begins weeping
(d) She believes it to be completely false
13. What helps Raja to begin to get better?
(a) A letter from Hyder Ali Sahib and his daughter Benazir
(b) Winter arrives and it is cooler
(c) A new medicine brought by Dr. Biswas
(d) He falls in love with one of the Misras sisters
14. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
(a) His laundry
(b) Meet his mother
(c) Allow him to move into the house
(d) Travel to Ceylon with him
15. Who takes care of Raja?
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
2. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
3. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
4. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
5. What illness does Raja get that summer?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)