Short Answer Key
1. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
2. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
3. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
Badshah, the family dog
4. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
Growing up and things changing from when they were children
5. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
6. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
7. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
8. What does Bim compare her cat to?
9. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
Baba's old 78 records...
This section contains 2,929 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)