|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bim worried in this chapter?
(a) A letter from the family business partner, Sharma, has arrived and he wishes to speak to them
(b) Dr. Biswas is courting her again
(c) Baba is ill
(d) Bim has just discovered she is pregnant
2. Who does Raja share his knowledge and dreams with in the family?
(a) The jet-black cat
3. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
(c) Pebbles given to him by Aunt Mira
(d) Video games
4. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
(a) She could not teach him to eat
(b) She could not teach him to try new things
(c) She could not teach him to dress himself
(d) She could not teach him how to talk
5. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
(a) Scholarship to the Muslim university
(b) A job as chauffer
(c) Full access to his library
(d) A job cleaning stables
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
2. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
3. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
4. Who was sent to fetch them?
5. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)