|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Queen Victoria of England dies
(b) Vietnam War ends
(c) World War II begins
(d) Independence for India and Pakistan
2. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
(a) That he will never come back
(b) That he will return to care for Bim and Baba
(c) That he knows his true love is Bim but he cannot have her
(d) That he wants Bim to send his books to him there
3. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
(a) She has dedicated her life to caring for her aunt and her brothers
(b) She wants to become a num
(c) She is not interested in men
(d) Because she is in love with someone else
4. Where did Bakul and Tara meet?
(a) At the house of the Misras family
(b) At church
(c) At school
(d) At Hyder Ali's house
5. What is Theosophy?
(a) A type of cow
(b) A way to cook meat
(c) A form of religion
(d) A type of cat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim return with from Hyder Ali Sahib's house?
2. How does this family dispose of the dead?
3. What happens when Raja's friends at Hindu College find out he believes the idea of Pakistan is feasible?
4. Why is Tara so shocked at Bim's descriptions of Raja and his family?
5. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)