|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had diabetes
(b) Her mother had t.b.
(c) He was slowly poisoning her
(d) Her mother was a drug addict
2. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
(a) One of the Misras brothers
(b) Her daughters
3. What happens to the mother?
(a) She grows old and Bim must care for her
(b) She divorces the father
(c) She dies without the children ever seeing her again
(d) She runs off with the chauffeur
4. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) She could not decide what courses to take
(c) She could not afford college
(d) Tara hated school
5. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(b) Texted their parents on cell phones
(c) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
(d) Watched the evening news on the television
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raja share his knowledge and dreams with in the family?
2. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
3. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
4. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
5. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)