|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do with the papers?
(a) She gives them to Tara's daughters
(b) She burns them
(c) She throws most of them away, symbolically ridding herself of their hold on her
(d) She confronts Bakul with them
2. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
(a) When is Raja arriving
(b) Growing up and things changing from when they were children
(c) What is today's weather forecast
(d) What is for breakfast
3. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(c) They were wounded in the war
(d) Their wives have left them for other men
4. What big event is happening at Raja's house?
(a) His 100th poem has been published
(b) His wife is pregnant again
(c) He is being promoted
(d) His daughter is getting married
5. What is Baba's reaction?
(a) He draws back from Bim as if she has hit him
(b) He goes to Tara for help
(c) He speaks for the first time
(d) He cries and runs out of the room
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
2. What does Baba say?
3. How does Bim react to his interest?
4. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
5. At lunch that day, what does Bim try to force Tara to eat?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)