|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To find out she was adopted
(b) To be punished by her parents
(c) To be disappointed
(d) To find a treasure or become a princess
2. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(b) Every summer
(c) Every three to five years
3. What happens to the mother?
(a) She runs off with the chauffeur
(b) She grows old and Bim must care for her
(c) She divorces the father
(d) She dies without the children ever seeing her again
4. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(b) To remind her to pay the rent
(c) To blackmail Tara
(d) To remember her brother's handwriting
5. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
(a) She goes to the teachers and asks them for help
(b) She complains to Raja and asks him to fix it
(c) She defends Tara against the other children
(d) She ignores her sister and joins in with the teasing
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
2. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
3. Where did Bakul and Tara meet?
4. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
5. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)