|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bim and Baba return from Hyder Ali Sahib's house, what has happened?
(a) All of the roses have died
(b) Aunt Mira has lost her mind and is running through the garden naked
(c) Tara has run off with Bakul
(d) The cow has drowned in the garden
2. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
(a) Ability to speak another language
(b) Ability to read
(c) Ability to memorize and recite
(d) Ability to write
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They have a home based internet business
(b) They were wounded in the war
(c) They want to be with their brothers
(d) Their husbands have abandoned them
4. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A caregiver
(b) A mother
(c) A teacher
(d) A card player
5. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) The jet-black cat
(b) Aunt Mira
(c) The pet dog
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. When Bakul sees Bim at her desk the next morning and offers to help with speaking to Sharma, what is her reaction?
3. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
4. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
5. What did Tara think was happening?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)