|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To remind her to pay the rent
(b) To blackmail Tara
(c) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(d) To remember her brother's handwriting
2. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
(a) To have Bim committed to an institution
(b) To forget about it
(c) To take Bim shopping for new clothes
(d) To encourage Bim and Raja to meet and talk
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He was a great cook
(b) He drove race cars
(c) He wrote poetry
(d) He sang rock and roll
4. How does Bakul deal with the atmosphere in Tara's family home during their stay?
(a) He encourages the sisters to talk it out
(b) He tries to assist Tara in working out the problems with her sister
(c) He manipulates Bim and Tara to cause further anger
(d) He schedules luncheons and meetings all day every day
5. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had t.b.
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had diabetes
(d) He was slowly poisoning her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim think of his statement?
2. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
3. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
4. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
5. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)