|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(b) Indian Partition
(c) Dr. Biswas
(d) Bollywood celebrities
2. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
(a) Meanness, cruelty, shaking, talking to herself and hoarding money and food
(b) Hatred of Baba
(c) Inability to understand simple concepts
(d) Beauty and peace
3. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
(a) She cannot find her purse
(b) She likes the sound it makes when she walks
(c) She found these keys in Bim's desk and Bim gave them to her
(d) Bakul has asked her to keep the keys to their trunks and suitcases
4. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(b) There is too great an age difference
(c) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(d) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
5. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
(a) Raja is Hindu, Ali is an atheist
(b) Raja is Catholic, Ali is Muslim
(c) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali was Catholic
(d) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali is Muslim
Short Answer Questions
1. What big event is happening at Raja's house?
2. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
3. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
4. How does Bim remember the incident?
5. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)