|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) The pet dog
(b) The jet-black cat
(c) Aunt Mira
2. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
(a) He begins to do all the cooking for the family
(b) He begins embroidery with the women
(c) He joins the circle of older men on the lawn, partaking in discussions
(d) He chews betel leaves with the servants
3. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
(b) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
(c) Bim alone
(d) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
4. What happens to the mother?
(a) She dies without the children ever seeing her again
(b) She divorces the father
(c) She grows old and Bim must care for her
(d) She runs off with the chauffeur
5. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
(a) Roy Rogers
(c) Hyder Ali Sahib
(d) Their father
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
2. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
3. What is Bakul's solution to Tara's problems with Bim?
4. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
5. What happened to the father?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)