|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letter does Tara read to Bim?
(a) From their mother to their father
(b) From her daughters
(c) A letter to Tara from Raja
(d) From Aunt Mira to their mother
2. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(b) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(c) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(d) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
3. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
(a) He asks for pancakes for breakfast
(b) He announces his upcoming marriage
(c) He begins speaking Spanish
(d) He leaves the house
4. How does Bim react to his interest?
(a) She moves away
(b) She falls in love
(c) She begins stalking him
(d) She ignores him
5. What honor did Bim receive in school?
(a) Most Improved Student
(b) Head girl
(c) Best athlete
(d) Most accomplished reader
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
2. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
3. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
4. Who was sent to fetch them?
5. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)