|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
(a) Class picture day
(b) Charity Thursdays
(c) Spelling tests
(d) Sports Day
2. What does she do with the papers?
(a) She confronts Bakul with them
(b) She throws most of them away, symbolically ridding herself of their hold on her
(c) She burns them
(d) She gives them to Tara's daughters
3. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
(a) Their mother
(c) One of the Misras sisters
(d) Aunt Mira
4. How does the richness of Hyder Ali's home compare to Raja's home?
(a) Raja's home is full of love and compassion and Ali's is void of emotion
(b) Raja's home is full of interesting people and no one visits Ali
(c) Raja's home is shabby and empty, devoid of friends, color and charm
(d) Raja's home is welcoming and warm, and Ali's home is cold and dark
5. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
(a) They put on his clothes, imitate him, disturb his papers in his room and smoke his cigarettes
(b) They cleaned his room and put fresh flowers in it
(c) They moved his bed to the lawn
(d) They drank his private stash of whiskey and tore his magazines
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do every evening?
2. In her mind, what does Bim compare Bakul and Tara, the Misras, Raja and his family to?
3. How did the climate affect the children?
4. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
5. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)