|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
(a) He joins the circle of older men on the lawn, partaking in discussions
(b) He begins embroidery with the women
(c) He begins to do all the cooking for the family
(d) He chews betel leaves with the servants
2. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(b) Watched the evening news on the television
(c) Texted their parents on cell phones
(d) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
3. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
(a) Give her alcohol
(b) Put her in a home
(c) Counseling, and AA meetings
(d) Have her killed
4. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
(a) Meanness, cruelty, shaking, talking to herself and hoarding money and food
(b) Beauty and peace
(c) Inability to understand simple concepts
(d) Hatred of Baba
5. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Ice factory and soda water business
(b) Car washing
(c) Bar and Grill
(d) Auto repair shop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
2. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
3. Who was sent to fetch them?
4. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
5. What have the Misras sisters become?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)