|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
(a) He joins the circle of older men on the lawn, partaking in discussions
(b) He chews betel leaves with the servants
(c) He begins embroidery with the women
(d) He begins to do all the cooking for the family
2. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
(a) Scholarship to the Muslim university
(b) A job as chauffer
(c) A job cleaning stables
(d) Full access to his library
3. What big event is happening at Raja's house?
(a) His 100th poem has been published
(b) His wife is pregnant again
(c) His daughter is getting married
(d) He is being promoted
4. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
(a) He would think nothing, and he would not even know she was gone
(b) He would find a career to occupy his time
(c) He would be relieved
(d) He would buy new records with the inheritance
5. What happened to the cow?
(a) It drowned in the garden pond
(b) It ran off with the gardner
(c) It was accidently sent to the butcher
(d) It lived a long life and Bim ended up caring for it in its old age
Short Answer Questions
1. What papers does she decide to go through?
2. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
3. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
4. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
5. How did the climate affect the children?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)