|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
2. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) No comment
(b) Mind your own business
(c) I will check for you and find out
(d) I don't know the answer
3. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(b) The jet-black cat
(c) The pet dog
(d) Aunt Mira
4. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
(a) She ignores him
(b) She pushes him too hard to achieve things
(c) She is afraid of him and avoids him
(d) She loves him and teaches him how to take care of himself
5. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
(a) They find a dead cow in the river
(b) Hyder Ali Sahib rides past them on his great white horse
(c) A group of soldiers march by
(d) The river floods and Baba nearly drowns
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
2. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
3. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
4. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
5. How does Bim remember the incident?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)