|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim say about rich, fat and successful people?
(a) She wants to be one of them
(b) They are exciting
(c) They are admirable
(d) They are boring
2. What does she do with the papers?
(a) She burns them
(b) She throws most of them away, symbolically ridding herself of their hold on her
(c) She gives them to Tara's daughters
(d) She confronts Bakul with them
3. What do the children call their father?
(b) The master of the entrance and the exit
(c) The one who loves us
4. What does Dr. Biswas say is wrong with Bim?
(a) She is caring for too many sick people
(b) She is getting gray
(c) She is getting fat
(d) She is conceited
5. How does Bakul treat Tara?
(a) Like a rug on which to wipe his feet
(b) As a beloved servant
(c) As a sexy, exciting partner
(d) As a companion whose opinion is well respected
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
2. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
3. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
4. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
5. What helps Raja to begin to get better?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)