|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
(a) That he will return to care for Bim and Baba
(b) That he will never come back
(c) That he knows his true love is Bim but he cannot have her
(d) That he wants Bim to send his books to him there
2. What does Bim say when Bakul suggests she talk with Raja before selling?
(a) I will call him this afternoon
(b) That Raja would not care
(c) Who is Raja?
(d) I agree, I will consult him, you and Baba before making a decision.
3. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
4. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
(a) The college he wants specializes in Islamic studies
(b) The father is jealous of the closeness between Hyder Ali and Raja
(c) The college Raja wants is too expensive
(d) The college Raja wants is not the father's alma mater
5. How does Bakul treat Tara?
(a) Like a rug on which to wipe his feet
(b) As a beloved servant
(c) As a sexy, exciting partner
(d) As a companion whose opinion is well respected
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
2. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
3. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
4. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
5. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)