|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(b) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(c) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(d) There is too great an age difference
2. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
(a) She could not decide what courses to take
(b) She was pregnant
(c) She could not afford college
(d) Tara hated school
3. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) He always wins at cards
(b) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
(c) He always cheats in order to win
(d) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
4. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
(a) He only likes the ones he has already
(b) He is no longer using the gramophone
(c) He already has those copies
(d) He does not like Tara
5. What does she say to Baba that upsets him?
(a) She is selling the family business and he must move in with Raja
(b) She wants him to start going to the office every day
(c) She is breaking all of his records
(d) She does not love him
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the mother?
2. What illness does Raja get that summer?
3. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
4. How does Bakul treat Tara?
5. How did the climate affect the children?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)