|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They want to be with their brothers
(b) They have a home based internet business
(c) They were wounded in the war
(d) Their husbands have abandoned them
2. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
(b) Elvis Presley
3. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(d) Curfew bells sound
4. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(b) To blackmail Tara
(c) To remind her to pay the rent
(d) To remember her brother's handwriting
5. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor did Raja receive in school?
2. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
3. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
4. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
5. Tara tries to talk to one of the Misras sisters regarding her concerns about Bim. How does the Misras sister react?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)