|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bakul sees Bim at her desk the next morning and offers to help with speaking to Sharma, what is her reaction?
(a) Bim pretends there is no problem
(b) Bim asks him to speak to Sharma
(c) Bim thanks him for his concern
(d) Bim says she is going to sell the family shares to the business
2. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) He always cheats in order to win
(b) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
(c) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
(d) He always wins at cards
3. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
(b) Sneezing and coughing
(c) An urge to cook
(d) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
4. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
(a) Video games
(d) Pebbles given to him by Aunt Mira
5. What instrument does Dr. Biswas play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
2. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
3. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
4. How does Bim remember the incident?
5. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)