|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tara is speaking to Bakul about her realizations about her sister, what is Bakul thinking about?
(a) His work
(b) His travel arrangements
(c) His luncheon that next day
(d) Sleeping with another woman
2. What did Bim want to be when she was grown up?
(a) A card player
(b) A Heroine
(c) A caregiver
(d) A race car driver
3. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
(b) That Bim is in love with one of her students
(c) That Bim is a bad teacher
(d) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
4. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Independence for India and Pakistan
(b) Queen Victoria of England dies
(c) Vietnam War ends
(d) World War II begins
5. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(b) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(c) There is too great an age difference
(d) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
2. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
3. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
4. What illness does Raja get that summer?
5. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)