|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
2. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(b) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(d) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
3. What have the Misras sisters become?
(b) Corporate leaders
4. What is Baba's reaction?
(a) He draws back from Bim as if she has hit him
(b) He goes to Tara for help
(c) He speaks for the first time
(d) He cries and runs out of the room
5. In this chapter, what does Tara apologize to Bim for?
(a) Cutting Bim's hair off
(b) Marrying Baku when she knew Bim was in love with him
(c) Eating all the oranges
(d) Departing so soon after marriage and leaving Bim to care for Baba
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
2. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
3. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
4. Who does Raja share his knowledge and dreams with in the family?
5. What illness does Raja get that summer?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)