|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Aunt Mira?
(a) She has diabetes
(b) She is slowly going mad and drinking
(c) She has tuberculosis
(d) She is in love with the gardner
2. What does Bim say when Bakul suggests she talk with Raja before selling?
(a) I will call him this afternoon
(b) That Raja would not care
(c) I agree, I will consult him, you and Baba before making a decision.
(d) Who is Raja?
3. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(b) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(c) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(d) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
4. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To find out she was adopted
(b) To be punished by her parents
(c) To be disappointed
(d) To find a treasure or become a princess
5. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
(a) Reads her old favorite books
(b) Calls Raja and talks for hours
(c) Drinks wine
(d) Watches a favorite tv program
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bim now see the pattern of her life?
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
3. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
4. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
5. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)