|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
(a) Class picture day
(b) Sports Day
(c) Spelling tests
(d) Charity Thursdays
2. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
(b) Tara is afraid of travelling
(c) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(d) Bakul cannot drive
3. What do the children call their father?
(b) The one who loves us
(c) The master of the entrance and the exit
4. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
(b) To movies in town
(c) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
(d) To Hyder Ali's house
5. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
(a) Reads her old favorite books
(b) Watches a favorite tv program
(c) Drinks wine
(d) Calls Raja and talks for hours
Short Answer Questions
1. What color horse does Hyder Ali ride along the banks of the Jumna River
2. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
3. Why is Tara carrying a set of keys on a chain around her waist?
4. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)