|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To blackmail Tara
(b) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(c) To remember her brother's handwriting
(d) To remind her to pay the rent
2. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(a) Every three to five years
(c) Every summer
3. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
(a) At the home of Hyder Ali
(b) On the rose path
(c) Under Aunt Mira's bed
(d) At the home of the Misras sisters
4. What does Tara decide to do after that conversation about Raja?
(a) Watch her sister's behavior more closely
(b) Write a letter to Bim's school and share her concerns
(c) Call Raja and tell him what happened
(d) Leave earlier than they had planned
5. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
(a) She writes a long letter to Raja concerning their memories of Mira
(b) Bim begins going to church regularly
(c) She spends time at Mira's grave, talking to her
(d) Repeating the poem The Waste Land
Short Answer Questions
1. What color horse does Hyder Ali ride along the banks of the Jumna River
2. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
3. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
4. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
5. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)