|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raja suggest to take over the family business?
(c) Aunt Mira
(d) Dr. Biswas
2. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Auto repair shop
(b) Car washing
(c) Bar and Grill
(d) Ice factory and soda water business
3. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(b) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(c) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
(d) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
4. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(b) There is too great an age difference
(c) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(d) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
5. What honor did Bim receive in school?
(a) Best athlete
(b) Most accomplished reader
(c) Most Improved Student
(d) Head girl
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
2. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
3. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
4. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
5. What happens to the mother?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)