|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) Mind your own business
(b) No comment
(c) I don't know the answer
(d) I will check for you and find out
2. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) She wanted to murder a cow
(b) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
(c) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
(d) She wants a pet
3. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(b) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(c) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(d) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
4. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
(a) The cook
(b) The cow
(d) Aunt Mira
5. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To Hyder Ali's house
(b) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
(c) To movies in town
(d) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
2. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
3. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
4. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
5. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)