|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
(a) A turtle
(b) Roy Rogers
(c) A pigeon
(d) A dog
2. What instrument does Dr. Biswas play?
3. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(b) To blackmail Tara
(c) To remember her brother's handwriting
(d) To remind her to pay the rent
4. What honor did Bim receive in school?
(a) Most Improved Student
(b) Head girl
(c) Most accomplished reader
(d) Best athlete
5. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Watched the evening news on the television
(b) Texted their parents on cell phones
(c) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(d) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
Short Answer Questions
1. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
2. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
3. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
4. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
5. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)