|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(b) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
(c) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(d) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
2. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) Queen Victoria of England dies
(c) World War II begins
(d) Independence for India and Pakistan
3. What did Tara think was happening?
(a) That her mother was a drug addict
(b) That her father was a doctor
(c) That her mother was dying of terminal cancer
(d) That her father had killed her mother
4. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
(a) Badshah, the family dog
(b) Bessie the cow
(c) Rex the camel
(d) Jayla the family parrot
5. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
(a) A librarian
(b) A writer
(c) A soldier
(d) A Hero
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children grew up to become exactly what they said they wanted to be as a child?
2. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
3. What episode at school upset Tara's emotions so much she seem obsessed with one of the teachers?
4. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
5. How did Raja meet Hyder Ali?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)