|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
(a) She could not teach him to dress himself
(b) She could not teach him to eat
(c) She could not teach him how to talk
(d) She could not teach him to try new things
2. What language does Raja admire the most?
3. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
(a) They fled to America
(b) They escaped to Hyderabad
(c) They were all killed in the riots
(d) They were imprisoned
4. How does this family dispose of the dead?
(a) Burial at sea
(b) Burial in a plot in the back yard
(d) Burial in an expensive crypt
5. What illness does Raja get that summer?
(b) Venereal disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
2. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
3. Who does Bimla think of when she hears that Gandhi has been killed?
4. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
5. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)