|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
(a) To Hyder Ali Sahib's house to read
(b) To the roof of the house
(c) To school
(d) To her Aunt Mira's room
2. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
(a) From the empty house of Hyder Ali
(b) He finds it in the dumpster
(c) From Sears
(d) He steals it from the Misras sisters
3. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A scrapbook
(b) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(c) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(d) Photos of their last visit
4. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the bees attacked Bim
(b) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) When the mad dog was shot at school
(d) When their parents died
5. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) A lake
(b) Dry parched desert
(c) Poverty and sickness
(d) Gardens full of plants and birds
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
2. What is wrong with Aunt Mira?
3. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
4. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
5. What does Bim think of his statement?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)