|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) Queen Victoria of England dies
(c) Independence for India and Pakistan
(d) World War II begins
2. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
(a) They moved his bed to the lawn
(b) They put on his clothes, imitate him, disturb his papers in his room and smoke his cigarettes
(c) They drank his private stash of whiskey and tore his magazines
(d) They cleaned his room and put fresh flowers in it
3. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
(a) He always wins at cards
(b) He always cheats in order to win
(c) He is the only one able to count to 100 for hide and go seek
(d) The sisters are never able to catch him in any game
4. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
(b) They were active in sports
(c) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
(d) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
5. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
(a) A writer
(b) A librarian
(c) A Hero
(d) A soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
2. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
3. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
4. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
5. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)