|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He sang rock and roll
(b) He drove race cars
(c) He wrote poetry
(d) He was a great cook
2. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
(a) Maya Angelou
(c) Sylvia Plath
3. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
(a) He begins embroidery with the women
(b) He begins to do all the cooking for the family
(c) He chews betel leaves with the servants
(d) He joins the circle of older men on the lawn, partaking in discussions
4. What language does Raja admire the most?
5. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
(b) Strict diet of fruit and vegetables
(c) Vigorous exercise three times per day
(d) Walk in the garden every day
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
2. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
3. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
4. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
5. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)