|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Bar and Grill
(b) Auto repair shop
(c) Ice factory and soda water business
(d) Car washing
2. Who does Bimla think of when she hears that Gandhi has been killed?
(a) Mrs. Gandhi
(c) Dr. Biswas
3. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
(b) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
(c) Bim alone
(d) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
4. Where does Raja say he will go?
(a) To New Delhi and get an apartment
(b) To live with Bakul and Tara
(c) To Hyderabad to live with the family of Hyder Ali Sahib
(d) To America and start a new life
5. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He wrote poetry
(b) He sang rock and roll
(c) He was a great cook
(d) He drove race cars
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
2. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
3. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
4. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
5. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)