|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They were wounded in the war
(b) Their husbands have abandoned them
(c) They have a home based internet business
(d) They want to be with their brothers
2. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother was a drug addict
(b) Her mother had t.b.
(c) He was slowly poisoning her
(d) Her mother had diabetes
3. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
(a) To a play
(b) To the river
(c) To a concert
(d) To bed
4. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
5. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To Hyder Ali's house
(b) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
(c) To movies in town
(d) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Baba different from the other children?
2. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
3. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
4. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
5. What instrument does Dr. Biswas play?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)