|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) She wanted to murder a cow
(b) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
(c) She wants a pet
(d) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
2. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
(b) They were active in sports
(c) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
(d) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
3. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
(b) He wants a divorce
(c) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
(d) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
4. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
(a) A Buddhist monk
(b) One of her students
(c) Dr. Biswas
5. What helps Raja to begin to get better?
(a) A new medicine brought by Dr. Biswas
(b) Winter arrives and it is cooler
(c) He falls in love with one of the Misras sisters
(d) A letter from Hyder Ali Sahib and his daughter Benazir
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
2. How does this family dispose of the dead?
3. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
4. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
5. What did Tara think was happening?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)