|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
(a) From Sears
(b) He finds it in the dumpster
(c) From the empty house of Hyder Ali
(d) He steals it from the Misras sisters
2. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They were active in sports
(b) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
(c) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
(d) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
3. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(b) One of her students
(d) A Buddhist monk
4. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
(a) They find a dead cow in the river
(b) A group of soldiers march by
(c) The river floods and Baba nearly drowns
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib rides past them on his great white horse
5. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
2. How did Raja meet Hyder Ali?
3. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
4. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
5. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)