|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
(a) On an island off the coast of India, breezy and warm
(b) Moderate, with four distinct seasons of snow, cool autumns, mild summers and pleasant springs.
(c) Tropic, intense heat and humidity during the summer
(d) Bitter cold, in the mountains of India
2. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
(a) He only likes the ones he has already
(b) He already has those copies
(c) He is no longer using the gramophone
(d) He does not like Tara
3. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Give her an injection for her diabetes
(b) Slap her
(c) Yell at her
(d) Make love to her
4. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Come to Calcutta with them
(b) Stay for dinner
(c) Take the brothers to a bar
(d) Iron their saris
5. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(b) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
(c) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
(d) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
Short Answer Questions
1. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
2. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
3. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
4. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
5. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)