|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the richness of Hyder Ali's home compare to Raja's home?
(a) Raja's home is welcoming and warm, and Ali's home is cold and dark
(b) Raja's home is full of interesting people and no one visits Ali
(c) Raja's home is shabby and empty, devoid of friends, color and charm
(d) Raja's home is full of love and compassion and Ali's is void of emotion
2. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
(a) With respect and love
(b) As if she were a valued member of the family
(c) As if she were the Queen of India
(d) As if she were their slave
3. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
(a) Their father
(b) Their mother
(c) Aunt Mira
(d) The cow
4. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) She does not remember them at all
(b) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
(c) As reserved, but compassionate
(d) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
5. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
(a) Travel to Ceylon with him
(b) Meet his mother
(c) Allow him to move into the house
(d) His laundry
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theosophy?
2. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
3. Who of the family needed Aunt Mira the most?
4. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
5. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)