|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Do her laundry
(b) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(c) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
(d) Move away from the house
2. What does Bim compare her cat to?
(a) Tara's daughters
(d) Their mother
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They have a home based internet business
(b) Their husbands have abandoned them
(c) They want to be with their brothers
(d) They were wounded in the war
4. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) The pet dog
(c) The jet-black cat
(d) Aunt Mira
5. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
3. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
4. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
5. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)