|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
(b) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
(c) That Bim is in love with one of her students
(d) That Bim is a bad teacher
2. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(b) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
(c) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
(d) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
3. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(c) Every summer
(d) Every three to five years
4. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(b) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
(c) Move away from the house
(d) Do her laundry
5. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) I don't know the answer
(b) Mind your own business
(c) I will check for you and find out
(d) No comment
Short Answer Questions
1. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
2. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
3. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
4. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
5. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)