|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
(a) To the roof of the house
(b) To school
(c) To her Aunt Mira's room
(d) To Hyder Ali Sahib's house to read
2. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They want to be with their brothers
(b) They have a home based internet business
(c) They were wounded in the war
(d) Their husbands have abandoned them
3. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Aunt Mira playing the flute
(b) Country music from the Misras home
(c) Bakul's transister radio
(d) Baba's old 78 records
4. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When their parents died
(b) When the mad dog was shot at school
(c) When the bees attacked Bim
(d) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
5. What does Bim compare her cat to?
(b) Their mother
(d) Tara's daughters
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
2. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
3. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
4. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
5. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)