|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had t.b.
(b) He was slowly poisoning her
(c) Her mother was a drug addict
(d) Her mother had diabetes
2. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Bar and Grill
(b) Car washing
(c) Ice factory and soda water business
(d) Auto repair shop
3. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) The pet dog
(c) Aunt Mira
(d) The jet-black cat
4. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(b) When the bees attacked Bim
(c) When their parents died
(d) When the mad dog was shot at school
5. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) Their husbands have abandoned them
(b) They were wounded in the war
(c) They want to be with their brothers
(d) They have a home based internet business
Short Answer Questions
1. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
2. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
3. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
4. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
5. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)