|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Car washing
(b) Ice factory and soda water business
(c) Bar and Grill
(d) Auto repair shop
3. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) A bustling business center
(b) A vibrant city representing progress
(c) The place where they wish to live forever
(d) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
4. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
(b) Do her laundry
(c) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(d) Move away from the house
5. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(b) Indian Partition
(c) Bollywood celebrities
(d) Dr. Biswas
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
2. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
3. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
4. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
5. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)