|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
(a) An ice cream cone
(b) A new car
(c) A cigar
(d) A new record
2. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
(a) Rex the camel
(b) Badshah, the family dog
(c) Jayla the family parrot
(d) Bessie the cow
3. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Bollywood celebrities
(c) Dr. Biswas
(d) Indian Partition
4. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Stay for dinner
(c) Come to Calcutta with them
(d) Take the brothers to a bar
5. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
(a) Roy Rogers
(c) Their father
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
3. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
4. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
5. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)