|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(b) Bollywood celebrities
(c) Indian Partition
2. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Sneezing and coughing
(b) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
(c) An urge to cook
(d) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
3. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(b) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
(c) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
(d) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
4. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
5. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Get slowly but surely drunk
(b) Flirt with Mulk
(c) Sleep on the grass
(d) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
2. Why can't they visit more often?
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
4. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
5. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)