|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He was a great cook
(b) He drove race cars
(c) He wrote poetry
(d) He sang rock and roll
2. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When their parents died
(b) When the mad dog was shot at school
(c) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(d) When the bees attacked Bim
3. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Baba's old 78 records
(b) Aunt Mira playing the flute
(c) Country music from the Misras home
(d) Bakul's transister radio
4. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
(a) Ability to speak another language
(b) Ability to read
(c) Ability to write
(d) Ability to memorize and recite
5. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They were wounded in the war
(b) They have a home based internet business
(c) Their husbands have abandoned them
(d) They want to be with their brothers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
2. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
3. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
4. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
5. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)