|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
(a) A cigar
(b) A new car
(c) A new record
(d) An ice cream cone
2. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) Independence for India and Pakistan
(c) Queen Victoria of England dies
(d) World War II begins
3. What does Bim compare her cat to?
(b) Tara's daughters
(d) Their mother
4. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Sneezing and coughing
(b) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
(c) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
(d) An urge to cook
5. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
(a) Ability to memorize and recite
(b) Ability to read
(c) Ability to speak another language
(d) Ability to write
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
2. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
3. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
4. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
5. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)