|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Sleep on the grass
(b) Get slowly but surely drunk
(c) Flirt with Mulk
(d) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
2. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) Their wives have left them for other men
(b) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(c) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(d) They were wounded in the war
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He was a great cook
(b) He sang rock and roll
(c) He wrote poetry
(d) He drove race cars
4. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) She does not remember them at all
(b) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(c) As reserved, but compassionate
(d) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
5. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) They have a home based internet business
(b) Their husbands have abandoned them
(c) They were wounded in the war
(d) They want to be with their brothers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim compare her cat to?
2. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
3. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
4. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
5. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)