|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(b) She does not remember them at all
(c) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
(d) As reserved, but compassionate
3. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Take the brothers to a bar
(c) Stay for dinner
(d) Come to Calcutta with them
4. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Sleep on the grass
(b) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
(c) Get slowly but surely drunk
(d) Flirt with Mulk
5. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(b) To remember her brother's handwriting
(c) To blackmail Tara
(d) To remind her to pay the rent
Short Answer Questions
1. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
2. Why did her father give her mother injections?
3. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
4. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
5. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)