|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Queen Victoria of England dies
(b) World War II begins
(c) Independence for India and Pakistan
(d) Vietnam War ends
2. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(a) Every three to five years
(b) Every summer
3. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(b) A scrapbook
(c) Photos of their last visit
(d) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
4. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) Baba's gecko
(b) Rex the camel
(c) The parrot
(d) Bim's cat
5. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) Their wives have left them for other men
(b) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(c) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(d) They were wounded in the war
Short Answer Questions
1. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
2. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
4. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
5. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)