|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(b) When the mad dog was shot at school
(c) When the bees attacked Bim
(d) When their parents died
2. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
3. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) A lake
(b) Poverty and sickness
(c) Gardens full of plants and birds
(d) Dry parched desert
4. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Curfew bells sound
(b) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(c) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(d) Bakul gets angry and leaves
5. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Move away from the house
(b) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
(c) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(d) Do her laundry
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
2. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
3. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
4. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
5. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)