|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(a) Every summer
(d) Every three to five years
2. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Queen Victoria of England dies
(b) Independence for India and Pakistan
(c) World War II begins
(d) Vietnam War ends
3. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
(b) Sleep on the grass
(c) Flirt with Mulk
(d) Get slowly but surely drunk
4. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
(a) His uncle and aunt's on Aurangzeb Road
(b) In a hotel
(c) At the home of Bakul's parents
(d) In the empty house of Hyder Ali Sahib
5. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
(a) He asks for pancakes for breakfast
(b) He begins speaking Spanish
(c) He leaves the house
(d) He announces his upcoming marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
3. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
4. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
5. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)