|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Move away from the house
(b) Do her laundry
(c) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(d) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
2. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
3. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) Their wives have left them for other men
(c) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(d) They were wounded in the war
4. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(b) Curfew bells sound
(c) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(d) The city fires are getting dangerously close
5. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
(b) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(c) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
(d) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
2. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
3. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
4. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
5. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)