|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the mad dog was shot at school
(b) When the bees attacked Bim
(c) When their parents died
(d) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
2. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He wrote poetry
(b) He drove race cars
(c) He sang rock and roll
(d) He was a great cook
3. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
(a) An ice cream cone
(b) A cigar
(c) A new record
(d) A new car
4. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(b) Do her laundry
(c) Move away from the house
(d) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
5. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Bollywood celebrities
(b) Indian Partition
(c) Dr. Biswas
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
3. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
4. Why can't they visit more often?
5. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)