|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) A lake
(b) Dry parched desert
(c) Poverty and sickness
(d) Gardens full of plants and birds
2. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
(a) Bim usually does not speak to Baba in the morning
(b) He is mentally retarded and never goes to the office
(c) He has already mentioned going to the track that morning
(d) He is usually off on Tuesdays
3. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
(b) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
(c) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(d) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
4. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Ice factory and soda water business
(b) Bar and Grill
(c) Auto repair shop
(d) Car washing
5. What does Bim compare her cat to?
(a) Their mother
(d) Tara's daughters
Short Answer Questions
1. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
3. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
4. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
5. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)