|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Gardens full of plants and birds
(b) Poverty and sickness
(c) A lake
(d) Dry parched desert
2. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Sneezing and coughing
(b) An urge to cook
(c) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
(d) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
3. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(c) One of the elder men of the Misras family
4. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That Bim is in love with one of her students
(b) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
(c) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
(d) That Bim is a bad teacher
5. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) Bim's cat
(b) Baba's gecko
(c) The parrot
(d) Rex the camel
Short Answer Questions
1. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
2. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
3. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
4. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
5. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)