|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That Bim is in love with one of her students
(b) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
(c) That Bim is a bad teacher
(d) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
2. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
3. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) Aunt Mira
(c) The jet-black cat
(d) The pet dog
4. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) The place where they wish to live forever
(b) A bustling business center
(c) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
(d) A vibrant city representing progress
5. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) Their wives have left them for other men
(b) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(c) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(d) They were wounded in the war
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
2. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
3. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
4. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
5. What does Bim compare her cat to?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)