|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
(a) He leaves the house
(b) He asks for pancakes for breakfast
(c) He begins speaking Spanish
(d) He announces his upcoming marriage
2. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) Bim's cat
(b) Rex the camel
(c) The parrot
(d) Baba's gecko
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He sang rock and roll
(b) He was a great cook
(c) He wrote poetry
(d) He drove race cars
4. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) An urge to cook
(b) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
(c) Sneezing and coughing
(d) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
5. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) He was slowly poisoning her
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had diabetes
(d) Her mother had t.b.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
2. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
3. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
4. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
5. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)