|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) The parrot
(b) Bim's cat
(c) Baba's gecko
(d) Rex the camel
2. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) Independence for India and Pakistan
(c) World War II begins
(d) Queen Victoria of England dies
3. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) Their wives have left them for other men
(c) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(d) They were wounded in the war
4. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) Curfew bells sound
(d) The city fires are getting dangerously close
5. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
(b) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(c) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
(d) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
2. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
3. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
4. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
5. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)