|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
(b) Their father
(c) Roy Rogers
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib
2. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Stay for dinner
(c) Take the brothers to a bar
(d) Come to Calcutta with them
3. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) A vibrant city representing progress
(b) The place where they wish to live forever
(c) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
(d) A bustling business center
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Baba's old 78 records
(b) Aunt Mira playing the flute
(c) Country music from the Misras home
(d) Bakul's transister radio
5. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(c) Every summer
(d) Every three to five years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
2. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
3. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
4. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
5. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)