|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Bakul cannot drive
(b) Tara is afraid of travelling
(c) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(d) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
2. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Car washing
(b) Auto repair shop
(c) Bar and Grill
(d) Ice factory and soda water business
3. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(b) Move away from the house
(c) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
(d) Do her laundry
4. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Poverty and sickness
(b) Dry parched desert
(c) A lake
(d) Gardens full of plants and birds
5. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
2. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
3. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
5. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)