|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Ice factory and soda water business
(b) Car washing
(c) Auto repair shop
(d) Bar and Grill
2. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
(a) He does not like Tara
(b) He only likes the ones he has already
(c) He is no longer using the gramophone
(d) He already has those copies
3. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) They were wounded in the war
(c) Their wives have left them for other men
(d) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
4. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(d) Curfew bells sound
5. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
(b) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
(c) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(d) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
2. What does Bim compare her cat to?
3. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
4. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
5. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)