|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) He wants a divorce
(b) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
(c) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
(d) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
2. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(a) Every three to five years
(b) Every summer
3. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
(a) To Hyder Ali Sahib's house to read
(b) To school
(c) To her Aunt Mira's room
(d) To the roof of the house
4. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Bollywood celebrities
(b) Indian Partition
(d) Dr. Biswas
5. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(b) When the mad dog was shot at school
(c) When their parents died
(d) When the bees attacked Bim
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
2. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
3. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
4. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
5. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)