|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Take the brothers to a bar
(b) Iron their saris
(c) Stay for dinner
(d) Come to Calcutta with them
2. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Car washing
(b) Ice factory and soda water business
(c) Auto repair shop
(d) Bar and Grill
3. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
(a) He is no longer using the gramophone
(b) He already has those copies
(c) He does not like Tara
(d) He only likes the ones he has already
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Country music from the Misras home
(b) Bakul's transister radio
(c) Aunt Mira playing the flute
(d) Baba's old 78 records
5. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(b) One of the elder men of the Misras family
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
2. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
3. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
4. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
5. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)