|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
(a) Bim usually does not speak to Baba in the morning
(b) He is mentally retarded and never goes to the office
(c) He has already mentioned going to the track that morning
(d) He is usually off on Tuesdays
2. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That Bim is in love with one of her students
(b) That Bim is a bad teacher
(c) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
(d) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
3. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
4. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
(a) He leaves the house
(b) He begins speaking Spanish
(c) He asks for pancakes for breakfast
(d) He announces his upcoming marriage
5. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
(a) What is today's weather forecast
(b) Growing up and things changing from when they were children
(c) When is Raja arriving
(d) What is for breakfast
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
2. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
3. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
4. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
5. What does Bim compare her cat to?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)