|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Flirt with Mulk
(b) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
(c) Get slowly but surely drunk
(d) Sleep on the grass
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A scrapbook
(b) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(c) Photos of their last visit
(d) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
(a) Their husbands have abandoned them
(b) They want to be with their brothers
(c) They have a home based internet business
(d) They were wounded in the war
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Bakul's transister radio
(b) Aunt Mira playing the flute
(c) Country music from the Misras home
(d) Baba's old 78 records
5. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim compare her cat to?
2. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
3. Why did her father give her mother injections?
4. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
5. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)