|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Curfew bells sound
(b) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(c) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(d) The city fires are getting dangerously close
2. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
(a) Their mother
(c) Aunt Mira
(d) One of the Misras sisters
3. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
(a) His uncle and aunt's on Aurangzeb Road
(b) In a hotel
(c) At the home of Bakul's parents
(d) In the empty house of Hyder Ali Sahib
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Bakul's transister radio
(b) Country music from the Misras home
(c) Baba's old 78 records
(d) Aunt Mira playing the flute
5. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) Their wives have left them for other men
(b) They were wounded in the war
(c) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(d) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
2. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
3. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
4. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
5. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)