|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
(b) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
(c) He wants a divorce
(d) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
2. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) She does not remember them at all
(b) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(c) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
(d) As reserved, but compassionate
3. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) Curfew bells sound
(d) Bakul gets angry and leaves
4. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(c) Their wives have left them for other men
(d) They were wounded in the war
5. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Auto repair shop
(b) Ice factory and soda water business
(c) Car washing
(d) Bar and Grill
Short Answer Questions
1. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
2. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
3. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
4. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
5. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)