|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(c) One of the elder men of the Misras family
2. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) I don't know the answer
(b) No comment
(c) Mind your own business
(d) I will check for you and find out
3. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Gardens full of plants and birds
(b) A lake
(c) Dry parched desert
(d) Poverty and sickness
4. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) Aunt Mira
(c) The pet dog
(d) The jet-black cat
5. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) As reserved, but compassionate
(b) She does not remember them at all
(c) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(d) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim compare her cat to?
2. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
3. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
4. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
5. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)