|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Get slowly but surely drunk
(b) Flirt with Mulk
(c) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
(d) Sleep on the grass
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To remind her to pay the rent
(b) To blackmail Tara
(c) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(d) To remember her brother's handwriting
3. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(b) Bollywood celebrities
(c) Indian Partition
4. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(c) One of the elder men of the Misras family
5. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) The parrot
(b) Bim's cat
(c) Rex the camel
(d) Baba's gecko
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
2. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
3. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
4. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
5. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)