|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
(a) Aunt Mira's family
(c) Hyder Ali Sahib
2. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Baba's old 78 records
(b) Bakul's transister radio
(c) Country music from the Misras home
(d) Aunt Mira playing the flute
3. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) An urge to cook
(b) Sneezing and coughing
(c) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
(d) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
4. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(b) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(c) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(d) Curfew bells sound
5. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
2. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
4. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
5. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)