|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) He was slowly poisoning her
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had t.b.
(d) Her mother had diabetes
2. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the mad dog was shot at school
(b) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) When their parents died
(d) When the bees attacked Bim
3. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
(a) Aunt Mira
(c) One of the Misras sisters
(d) Their mother
4. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
(b) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(c) Bakul cannot drive
(d) Tara is afraid of travelling
5. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He sang rock and roll
(b) He wrote poetry
(c) He drove race cars
(d) He was a great cook
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
3. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
4. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
5. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)