|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) No comment
(b) I don't know the answer
(c) I will check for you and find out
(d) Mind your own business
2. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) The parrot
(b) Baba's gecko
(c) Rex the camel
(d) Bim's cat
3. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
(a) A new car
(b) An ice cream cone
(c) A cigar
(d) A new record
4. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
(a) He is mentally retarded and never goes to the office
(b) He has already mentioned going to the track that morning
(c) He is usually off on Tuesdays
(d) Bim usually does not speak to Baba in the morning
5. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
(a) Aunt Mira's family
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
2. Why did her father give her mother injections?
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
4. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)