|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
(a) He leaves the house
(b) He announces his upcoming marriage
(c) He asks for pancakes for breakfast
(d) He begins speaking Spanish
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(b) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(c) Photos of their last visit
(d) A scrapbook
3. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Indian Partition
(b) Dr. Biswas
(c) Bollywood celebrities
4. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
(a) In a hotel
(b) In the empty house of Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) His uncle and aunt's on Aurangzeb Road
(d) At the home of Bakul's parents
5. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) He wants a divorce
(b) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
(c) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
(d) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
2. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
3. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
4. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
5. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)