|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
(a) Running off his musicians and denying him money
(b) Running off his wife
(c) Stealing his musical instruments
(d) Kidnapping his children
2. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(a) Every three to five years
(d) Every summer
3. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(b) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(c) Curfew bells sound
(d) The city fires are getting dangerously close
4. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) They were wounded in the war
(c) Their wives have left them for other men
(d) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
5. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) A lake
(b) Dry parched desert
(c) Poverty and sickness
(d) Gardens full of plants and birds
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
2. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
3. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
4. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
5. Why can't they visit more often?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)