Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Take the brothers to a bar
(b) Stay for dinner
(c) Iron their saris
(d) Come to Calcutta with them
2. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Make love to her
(b) Yell at her
(c) Slap her
(d) Give her an injection for her diabetes
3. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She dies
(b) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(c) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
(d) She begins obsessing about the cow
4. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Sneezing and coughing
(b) An urge to cook
(c) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
(d) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
5. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Dry parched desert
(b) Gardens full of plants and birds
(c) Poverty and sickness
(d) A lake
Short Answer Questions
1. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
2. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
3. What did Bim want to be when she was grown up?
4. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
5. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)