Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
(a) His uncle and aunt's on Aurangzeb Road
(b) In the empty house of Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) In a hotel
(d) At the home of Bakul's parents
2. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
(b) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(c) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(d) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
3. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Poverty and sickness
(b) Dry parched desert
(c) Gardens full of plants and birds
(d) A lake
4. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) A bustling business center
(b) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
(c) The place where they wish to live forever
(d) A vibrant city representing progress
5. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
(a) Fix dinner for her and Bakul
(b) Attend the upcoming wedding of Raja's daughter
(c) Move away from the house
(d) Do her laundry
Short Answer Questions
1. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
2. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
3. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
4. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
5. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)