|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
(b) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
(c) An urge to cook
(d) Sneezing and coughing
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(b) Photos of their last visit
(c) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(d) A scrapbook
3. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Take the brothers to a bar
(c) Stay for dinner
(d) Come to Calcutta with them
4. What language does Raja admire the most?
5. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) A lake
(b) Dry parched desert
(c) Poverty and sickness
(d) Gardens full of plants and birds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
2. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
3. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
4. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
5. What do the children call their father?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)