|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
(a) He begins embroidery with the women
(b) He joins the circle of older men on the lawn, partaking in discussions
(c) He chews betel leaves with the servants
(d) He begins to do all the cooking for the family
2. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
(b) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(c) She begins obsessing about the cow
(d) She dies
3. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
(a) Stealing his musical instruments
(b) Running off his wife
(c) Running off his musicians and denying him money
(d) Kidnapping his children
4. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(b) As reserved, but compassionate
(c) She does not remember them at all
(d) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
5. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
(b) Aunt Mira's family
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
2. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
3. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
4. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
5. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)