|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(c) One of the elder men of the Misras family
2. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) There is too great an age difference
(b) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(c) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(d) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
3. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) I don't know the answer
(b) Mind your own business
(c) I will check for you and find out
(d) No comment
4. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
(a) Their father
(c) Hyder Ali Sahib
(d) Roy Rogers
5. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(b) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(d) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
Short Answer Questions
1. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
2. How does Bim react to his interest?
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
4. What illness does Raja get that summer?
5. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)