|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raja suggest to take over the family business?
(c) Aunt Mira
(d) Dr. Biswas
2. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
(a) A new record
(b) An ice cream cone
(c) A cigar
(d) A new car
3. How does this family dispose of the dead?
(b) Burial in a plot in the back yard
(c) Burial at sea
(d) Burial in an expensive crypt
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Country music from the Misras home
(b) Aunt Mira playing the flute
(c) Bakul's transister radio
(d) Baba's old 78 records
5. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
(a) Ability to write
(b) Ability to memorize and recite
(c) Ability to read
(d) Ability to speak another language
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
3. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
4. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)