|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(b) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(c) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(d) Curfew bells sound
2. What illness does Raja get that summer?
(c) Venereal disease
3. What happened to the father?
(a) He falls in love with Mira
(b) He becomes successful in business and leaves
(c) He remarries
(d) He dies in an automobile accident
4. Who takes care of Raja?
5. What does Dr. Biswas say is wrong with Bim?
(a) She is conceited
(b) She is caring for too many sick people
(c) She is getting fat
(d) She is getting gray
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Raja's friends at Hindu College find out he believes the idea of Pakistan is feasible?
2. What does Bim compare her cat to?
3. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
4. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
5. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)