|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Raja admire the most?
2. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had diabetes
(b) He was slowly poisoning her
(c) Her mother was a drug addict
(d) Her mother had t.b.
3. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(b) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(c) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(d) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
4. Where does Raja say he will go?
(a) To America and start a new life
(b) To New Delhi and get an apartment
(c) To Hyderabad to live with the family of Hyder Ali Sahib
(d) To live with Bakul and Tara
5. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
(a) Put her in a home
(b) Counseling, and AA meetings
(c) Have her killed
(d) Give her alcohol
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
2. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
3. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
4. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
5. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)