|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Raja?
2. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
(a) She has dedicated her life to caring for her aunt and her brothers
(b) Because she is in love with someone else
(c) She is not interested in men
(d) She wants to become a num
3. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(b) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(d) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
4. What does Bim think of his statement?
(a) She seeks out his mother for her opnion
(b) She is angry and throws him out of the house
(c) She agrees and begins weeping
(d) She believes it to be completely false
5. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
(a) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali is Muslim
(b) Raja is Hindu, Ali is an atheist
(c) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali was Catholic
(d) Raja is Catholic, Ali is Muslim
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
2. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
3. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
4. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)