|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
(b) Maya Angelou
(d) Sylvia Plath
2. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
(a) That he knows his true love is Bim but he cannot have her
(b) That he will never come back
(c) That he will return to care for Bim and Baba
(d) That he wants Bim to send his books to him there
3. What do the children call their father?
(c) The one who loves us
(d) The master of the entrance and the exit
4. What instrument does Dr. Biswas play?
5. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) Photos of their last visit
(b) A scrapbook
(c) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(d) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
3. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
4. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
5. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)