|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Biswas say is wrong with Bim?
(a) She is conceited
(b) She is getting fat
(c) She is getting gray
(d) She is caring for too many sick people
2. What does Bim compare her cat to?
(a) Tara's daughters
(c) Their mother
3. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(c) Their wives have left them for other men
(d) They were wounded in the war
4. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(b) There is too great an age difference
(c) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(d) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
5. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
(b) The place where they wish to live forever
(c) A bustling business center
(d) A vibrant city representing progress
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
2. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
3. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
4. What helps Raja to begin to get better?
5. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)