|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
(a) To a concert
(b) To a play
(c) To bed
(d) To the river
2. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Bollywood celebrities
(c) Indian Partition
(d) Dr. Biswas
3. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
(a) Bim begins going to church regularly
(b) She writes a long letter to Raja concerning their memories of Mira
(c) She spends time at Mira's grave, talking to her
(d) Repeating the poem The Waste Land
4. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) He was slowly poisoning her
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had diabetes
(d) Her mother had t.b.
5. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
(b) Maya Angelou
(d) Sylvia Plath
Short Answer Questions
1. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
2. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
3. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
4. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
5. What does Bim think of his statement?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)