|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(b) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(c) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(d) There is too great an age difference
2. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
(a) To the roof of the house
(b) To Hyder Ali Sahib's house to read
(c) To school
(d) To her Aunt Mira's room
3. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
(b) She dies
(c) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(d) She begins obsessing about the cow
4. Who does Raja share his knowledge and dreams with in the family?
(c) The jet-black cat
5. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
(b) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(c) As reserved, but compassionate
(d) She does not remember them at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim compare her cat to?
2. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
4. What does Bim return with from Hyder Ali Sahib's house?
5. What illness does Raja get that summer?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)