|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Sleep on the grass
(b) Flirt with Mulk
(c) Get slowly but surely drunk
(d) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
2. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(b) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
(c) As reserved, but compassionate
(d) She does not remember them at all
3. What happens to the mother?
(a) She dies without the children ever seeing her again
(b) She runs off with the chauffeur
(c) She grows old and Bim must care for her
(d) She divorces the father
4. When Bim and Baba return from Hyder Ali Sahib's house, what has happened?
(a) The cow has drowned in the garden
(b) Aunt Mira has lost her mind and is running through the garden naked
(c) All of the roses have died
(d) Tara has run off with Bakul
5. What do the children call their father?
(b) The one who loves us
(c) The master of the entrance and the exit
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
2. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
3. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
4. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
5. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)