|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
(a) Full access to his library
(b) A job cleaning stables
(c) Scholarship to the Muslim university
(d) A job as chauffer
2. Who does Raja suggest to take over the family business?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(c) Aunt Mira
3. How does Bim react to his interest?
(a) She falls in love
(b) She ignores him
(c) She moves away
(d) She begins stalking him
4. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
(a) Counseling, and AA meetings
(b) Give her alcohol
(c) Have her killed
(d) Put her in a home
5. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
(a) That he will return to care for Bim and Baba
(b) That he will never come back
(c) That he knows his true love is Bim but he cannot have her
(d) That he wants Bim to send his books to him there
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children call their father?
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
3. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
4. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)