|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
(a) One of the Misras sisters
(b) Aunt Mira
(d) Their mother
2. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
(a) She wants to be a veterinarian
(b) She wants to be a playwright
(c) She says she wants to grow up to be a heroine
(d) She wants to be a sky diver
3. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
(a) A Buddhist monk
(b) One of her students
(d) Dr. Biswas
4. What did Mira give the children that their own parents did not?
(a) Presents and money
(b) Compassion and attention
(c) Drugs and alcohol
(d) Strict discipline and punishment
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) Queen Victoria of England dies
(c) World War II begins
(d) Independence for India and Pakistan
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
2. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
3. What honor did Raja receive in school?
4. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
5. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)