|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(b) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(d) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
2. What honor did Bim receive in school?
(a) Head girl
(b) Best athlete
(c) Most accomplished reader
(d) Most Improved Student
3. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She dies
(b) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
(c) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(d) She begins obsessing about the cow
4. What did Tara see her father do to her mother long ago?
(a) Give her an injection for her diabetes
(b) Make love to her
(c) Slap her
(d) Yell at her
5. What honor did Raja receive in school?
(a) Most Popular
(b) Member of the National Honor Society
(c) One of his poems won a prize
(d) Quarterback for the football team
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim think of his statement?
2. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
4. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
5. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)