|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) There is too great an age difference
(b) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(c) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(d) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
2. Which of the children grew up to become exactly what they said they wanted to be as a child?
(a) Tara, becoming a mother
(b) Raja a hero
(c) Baba the insurance salesman
(d) Bim the teacher
3. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) Photos of their last visit
(b) A scrapbook
(c) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(d) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
4. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
(a) The River Jumna
(b) The family kitchen
(c) The mall
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib's house
5. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
(a) A job as chauffer
(b) A job cleaning stables
(c) Scholarship to the Muslim university
(d) Full access to his library
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
2. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
3. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
4. What happened to the cow?
5. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)