|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
(a) She pushes him too hard to achieve things
(b) She loves him and teaches him how to take care of himself
(c) She is afraid of him and avoids him
(d) She ignores him
2. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
(a) Bim usually does not speak to Baba in the morning
(b) He is usually off on Tuesdays
(c) He has already mentioned going to the track that morning
(d) He is mentally retarded and never goes to the office
3. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Stay for dinner
(c) Come to Calcutta with them
(d) Take the brothers to a bar
4. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
(b) To Hyder Ali's house
(c) To movies in town
(d) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
5. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(a) Every three to five years
(b) Every summer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
2. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
3. How did the climate affect the children?
4. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
5. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)