|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Car washing
(b) Bar and Grill
(c) Ice factory and soda water business
(d) Auto repair shop
2. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
(a) From Sears
(b) He finds it in the dumpster
(c) From the empty house of Hyder Ali
(d) He steals it from the Misras sisters
3. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) Rex the camel
(b) Bim's cat
(c) The parrot
(d) Baba's gecko
4. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
(a) On the rose path
(b) At the home of the Misras sisters
(c) Under Aunt Mira's bed
(d) At the home of Hyder Ali
5. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
(a) One of the girls in class injures their head
(b) The shooting of a mad dog that was hiding under one of the buildings
(c) One of the teachers dies in class
(d) A bird hits the school room window and dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
2. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
3. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
4. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
5. What does Bim think of his statement?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)