|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) World War II begins
(b) Independence for India and Pakistan
(c) Vietnam War ends
(d) Queen Victoria of England dies
2. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
(a) They escaped to Hyderabad
(b) They were all killed in the riots
(c) They were imprisoned
(d) They fled to America
3. As Tara gets older, she no longer seeks comfort from Aunt Mira. Where does she go?
(a) To Hyder Ali's house
(b) She runs away from home with one of the Misras sisters
(c) To movies in town
(d) To the neighbors house to spend time with the Misras sisters
4. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
(a) She ignores him
(b) She pushes him too hard to achieve things
(c) She is afraid of him and avoids him
(d) She loves him and teaches him how to take care of himself
5. What is the one thing she could not do for Baba?
(a) She could not teach him to try new things
(b) She could not teach him to eat
(c) She could not teach him to dress himself
(d) She could not teach him how to talk
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
2. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
3. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
4. What is wrong with Aunt Mira?
5. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)