|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) Flirt with Mulk
(b) Sleep on the grass
(c) Get slowly but surely drunk
(d) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
2. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They were active in sports
(b) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
(c) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
(d) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
3. What happened to their mother after twenty years of spending her evenings at the club?
(a) She found another man
(b) She missed an evening and slipped into a coma
(c) She decided to spend the evening playing cards with her children
(d) She decided she no longer wanted to play bridge
4. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
(b) Bakul cannot drive
(c) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(d) Tara is afraid of travelling
5. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
2. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
3. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
4. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
5. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)