|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Raja say he will go?
(a) To America and start a new life
(b) To live with Bakul and Tara
(c) To New Delhi and get an apartment
(d) To Hyderabad to live with the family of Hyder Ali Sahib
2. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
(a) He has already mentioned going to the track that morning
(b) Bim usually does not speak to Baba in the morning
(c) He is usually off on Tuesdays
(d) He is mentally retarded and never goes to the office
3. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
(a) As if she were their slave
(b) With respect and love
(c) As if she were a valued member of the family
(d) As if she were the Queen of India
4. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the mad dog was shot at school
(b) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) When the bees attacked Bim
(d) When their parents died
5. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
(b) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
(c) He wants a divorce
(d) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tara think was happening?
2. How was Baba different from the other children?
3. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
4. Who does Raja suggest to take over the family business?
5. Who was called to care for Baba when the mother grew tired of him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)