* Tara and Bim are introduced as sisters whose family home is in Old Delhi, India. Bim and the youngest brother, Baba, live in the family home alone.
* The four children are Bim, the oldest sister, Raja, the oldest brother, Tara, the youngest sister, and Baba, the youngest brother.
* Raja is married, very wealthy, and living in another city in India. Tara is married to Bakul, a foreign service officer, and has come home for a visit.
* Bim is an unmarried schoolteacher. Baba is a mentally retarded man who does not marry and depends on Bim to care for him
* It is morning, and Tara is walking in the garden following the rose walk, remembering her mother and how emotionally distant their parents were from the children.
* Tara joins Bim in the garden and it is clear the two sisters have had issues in the past and are...
This section contains 1,735 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)