|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clark hopes to create an atmosphere of ______ within the Cartel.
2. Larson is able to guide the Pave-Low to which filling station?
3. The stealth bomb is set to be deployed while the aircraft is at what altitude?
4. How many Cartel members are killed by Clark when he is stopped in the jungle?
5. Who will accompany Ryan on the helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of evidence is found at Cutter's home? Where is it found? Is it usable?
2. Discuss the current predicament faced by teams KNIFE and BANNER.
3. Explain Robby Jackson's trip to Washington, DC and meeting with Ryan.
4. Explain the scene in which Cortez comes upon the Cartel's meeting house. What is Cortez's reaction?
5. How does Clark manage to re-establish radio communication with the ground troops? What had happened to the previous situation?
6. Discuss Robby Jackson's reaction to the news of the Hispanic soldiers' deployment becoming known at Ford Ord.
7. Discuss the scene between Ryan and Greer. Where does the conversation take place?
8. Explain the scene at the drug refinement facility. Who is killed? Who escapes?
9. Explain what happens to the Pirates. Who is responsible? Who is blamed?
10. What is the final confrontation between Moira and Cortez? Where does Cortez go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own international/political story based on "Clear and Present Danger." Use Jack Ryan as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Examine in detail Operation SHOWBOAT. In what locations is the operation in effect? Who is in charge of the entire operation? What part does Chavez play in the operation? What is Vega's part in the mission? Is either man ever suspicious of the purpose and scope of the operation? Are the men aware of the high level of danger they face in the jungle? What is the outcome for each man and the operation as a whole? Was the mission completed as planned? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Clancy is a master at using foreshadowing to hint at various key pieces of information. Use at least five examples of foreshadowing in the story and explain why each is important. How else could Clancy reveal the pertinent information if he did not use the foreshadowing technique?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)