|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The police in Mobile are outraged when they learn that the murderers of their friend and colleague are going to get which of the following?
2. Robby Jackson makes it a point to run into which of the following at the airport?
3. Chavez, a member of the squad located in the jungle, is sent to destroy what kind of processing facility?
4. To what unit is Robby Jackson's younger brother assigned?
5. Clark has worked for the agency as a freelancer for how many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene between Ryan and Greer. Where does the conversation take place?
2. Discuss the extraction made by Johns and Ryan. What happens to the helicopter?
3. The Pirates case is ready to be heard in court. Discuss the current situation and what will most likely come next.
4. What is the reaction of the President and other high level officials regarding the bombing in Medellin? What steps does the President take to try and sweep it under the rug?
5. What photos, taken by Bright, might be an important piece of evidence? What is the issue with the proof?
6. What is Ritter's position in regards to shutting down all operations except for CAPER? Who gives Ritter the order?
7. What is Cutter's position at this point in the game? Why does Cutter begin to get suspicious?
8. What piece of evidence is found at Cutter's home? Where is it found? Is it usable?
9. Explain the scene in which Cortez comes upon the Cartel's meeting house. What is Cortez's reaction?
10. Discuss Robby Jackson's reaction to the news of the Hispanic soldiers' deployment becoming known at Ford Ord.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The drugs cartels that operated in Colombia and specifically Medellin were often thought to be untouchable by law enforcement. Why were the drug lords so well protected and by whom? How wealthy and powerful are the cartels? Are government officials involved in the drug trade? What kinds of operations have been performed to take down the cartels? Compare the actions taken in the book with real life actions taken by the US and foreign governments. Were any of the major cartels ever extinguished? If so, how was it done? What happened to the cartel leaders?
Essay Topic 2
Clancy is a master at using foreshadowing to hint at various key pieces of information. Use at least five examples of foreshadowing in the story and explain why each is important. How else could Clancy reveal the pertinent information if he did not use the foreshadowing technique?
Essay Topic 3
Write a full character description on Sergeant Domingo Chavez. What leads Chavez Miller to join the special team in Colorado? What type of training did Chavez have before signing up to participate in Operation SHOWBOAT? What was supposed to be Chavez's last mission? How does Chavez fare in the jungle? What is the outcome of Chavez's contribution to the operation?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)