|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asinius Gallus mean?
2. What does King Herod not respect in a person?
3. What does Marsus suggest to Claudius?
4. What title does Claudius oppose be given to Messalina?
5. Why is Narcissus general for a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claudius marry Agrippinilla over other potential women?
2. What attitude does Claudius take on when he marries Agrippinilla? How does the public respond?
3. What are the usual feelings about a solar eclipse by the public? How does Claudius get the populace to feel differently about it?
4. According to Claudius, what is the most important reason to conquer the British isles? What does it give to the Roman Empire above other commodities?
5. How do rumors that Lucius is protected by double cobras come about?
6. How does Silius react to Claudius when they meet for his trial? Does Silius show malicious intent in his acts or as a victim of Messalina?
7. How are the Romans able to surprise the Britains in the last battle to Colchester? What maneuvers do they take that seem impossible?
8. Why does Claudius seem to favor Nero above Britannicus? What is his true plan?
9. What is Claudius' view of religion?
10. What is the reaction of those in Hell when Claudius arrives? Why do they react this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about friendship between the characters in "Claudius the God." Who shows true friendship and how do they show it? Who is involved in false friendships and why do they involve themselves in such friendships? How does the character show that he/ she is not a good friend after all?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Druid rituals and practices. Then, discuss why Roman culture would disagree with the religion more than any other religions it tolerates within its kingdom.
Essay Topic 3
Write about justice and whether the characters get their due. Do the antagonists of the story get what they deserve? Do the protagonists have a happy ending?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)