|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the death of Togodumnus positive for the Britons?
2. How do the lawyers accept Claudius into the court system?
3. Of the following, which is NOT a qualification Claudius demands of Roman citizens?
4. What causes Herod to arrest Silas?
5. According to Claudius, what is the best Roman monument?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Herod react to Caligula's assassination? How does he behave with Caligula's body and to the new emperor?
2. How does Herod run his kingdom? What examples show how he handles his power? Does he use it for himself or for the Jewish population?
3. How does Claudius get his German slaves to tell him where the last Eagle is?
4. What is the catalyst that causes Claudius to wage war on Britain?
5. Why is the title "Protector of the People" important to Claudius?
6. What causes the governor of the prison to distrust Herod?
7. Messalina is suspicious of Lesbia. What evidence does Messalina have against Lesbia?
8. According to Claudius, describe the class of men that Herod the Agrippa best fits into.
9. How do Herod and Cypros make it in Edom? From whom do they get help, and how?
10. How does Claudius show that his power is beginning to affect him while in Ostia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Messalina and Agrippinilla's characters. How are they the same and different in their relationships toward Claudius, their children, and the people?
Essay Topic 2
What are the causes and effects of Caligula's rule? How does Caligula become emperor? During his rule, what state is the empire in? What major changes are observed under Caligula?
Essay Topic 3
Write about Britannicus' fate to die by Nero. Is it the prophecy? Is it because Claudius never gave him a chance? Did Britannicus have a chance to fight against Nero? How so?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)