|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Togodumnus demand from Claudius?
(a) Full control of the British ports.
(c) Bericus and the regalia.
2. What does the high priest advise Herod?
(a) The best kings are the ones who pray daily.
(b) The most memorable kings are the richest.
(c) The greatest kings are instruments in the hands of God.
(d) A good king remembers his people.
3. What symbols represent life and death in Druidism?
(a) Water, stone, and fire.
(b) Maple tree, snake, and black bull.
(c) Oak tree, ram, and a violet.
(d) Oak tree, snake, and white bull.
4. What cures Claudius of trembles and fatigue?
(a) Rose water.
(c) Dandelion tea.
(d) Clean water.
5. Who stops Caligula from freeing Herod immediately from prison?
(b) The German prisoner.
(d) The governor of the prison.
6. What brings Herod to Bashan?
(a) Herod must hide away from Tiberius.
(b) His Uncle Philip lives there and assists him for a while.
(c) Bashan is desolate, where his creditors will not find him.
(d) Caligula names him the ruler under his dictatorship.
7. What is Claudius' first decision as an emperor?
(a) Execute Cassius.
(b) Banish any Senators who were "lapdogs" of Caligula.
(c) Execute Tiger.
(d) Appoint Herod as principal adviser.
8. Who helps restore order amongst the Roman soldiers at the Rhine?
9. What do the Alexandrians do for Claudius and Messalina?
(a) Hold a 3-day festival for their birthdays.
(b) Mint a coin with both their profiles.
(c) Build them each a gold statue.
(d) Build a temple in their honor.
10. Who does Claudius credit for the rains and success in Morocco?
(b) Rufius, his army commander.
(c) Father Gwa-Gwa.
(d) Helius, God of weather.
11. Of the following, which is NOT a reason Caesar wants to invade Britain?
(a) Trading posts.
(c) To revenge the Celts assault.
(d) To compete against Pompey's military campaigns.
12. What word does Herod prefer to describe himself?
13. Why does Vitellius write to Claudius?
(a) The Senate is beginning to talk bad about Claudius.
(b) He believes Herod is planning a secret banquet.
(c) He is suspicious of Messalina's honesty.
(d) He believes Myron is being dishonest.
14. On what condition will the Alabarch give Herod a loan?
(a) Herod must have his children educated in Jerusalem.
(b) Herod must act as a liasion between the Alabarch and Rome.
(c) Cypros must stay with the Alabarch until the money is returned.
(d) Herod must return his debt in 3 months.
15. How do the Druids practice religious cleansing?
(a) They only marry within the Druid family.
(b) They burn condemned men in wicker cages every five years.
(c) The arch-Druid leads a prayer at Stonehenge annually.
(d) At the first of each month, the assigned society sacrifices an animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tiberius die?
2. What economic advice does Messalina give Claudius?
3. What campaign does Claudius give Gabinius?
4. What people in the Roman Empire are the first to claim Claudius emperor?
5. To whom does Aristobulus trust his money to invest?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)