|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XIV, Three Accounts of Claudius' Death & Pumpkinification of Claudius, a Satire in Verse and Prose.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves the Jews of the Near East from famine?
(b) The Alexandrian Jews.
(d) The Queen of Adiabene.
2. What does Claudius do to cause some of the Senators to believe he will begin his reign of terror?
(a) Executes Silanus.
(b) Places gold statues of himself around Rome.
(c) Threatens the Consuls.
(d) Expands the empire further into Africa.
3. How does Herod cheat his brother, Aristobulus?
(a) He borrows from creditors in Aristobulus' name.
(b) Herod keeps his brother's money that he was supposed to invest.
(c) He takes his brother's wife for himself.
(d) He lies about investment profits and takes the bulk for himself.
4. What is the only thing Umbonius sells at his public auction?
(a) A staff Claudius gave him.
(b) His Corinthian goods.
(c) His Senatorial robes.
5. What is Herod's last advice to Claudius at Herod's farewell party?
(a) To keep his enemies close.
(b) Beware of too much flattery.
(c) Not to trust anyone.
(d) Don't forget about the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rome after Nero dies?
2. Why does Claudius plan a 5-day festival?
3. How does Claudius determine how the public truly feels about him?
4. How does Claudius describe the first five years of his marriage to Agrippinilla?
5. What new holiday does Claudius add to the calendar?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)