|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XII, ch. 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Togodumnus demand from Claudius?
(a) Full control of the British ports.
(d) Bericus and the regalia.
2. How does Claudius make up for the retraction of Caligula's holidays?
(a) Hosting Sportulas.
(b) Cutting the taxes that paid for the holidays.
(c) By adding dozens of his own holidays.
(d) Hosting banquets in a different region each month.
3. Who is the head conspirator of Caligula's assassination?
4. Why does Claudius plan a 5-day festival?
(a) To celebrate his parents' birthdays.
(b) To show the people that he is a fun emperor.
(c) To rededicate the temple to Castor and Pollux.
(d) To celebrate the death of Caligula.
5. Who saves the Jews of the Near East from famine?
(a) The Queen of Adiabene.
(d) The Alexandrian Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herod advise the Senate?
2. What is the first lie Claudius ever tells Herod?
3. What causes Claudius to make it illegal to rob graves?
4. What is the significance of an owl in the prison with Herod?
5. What stops Herod from his initial return to Rome?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)