|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XII, ch. 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Herod's last advice to Claudius at Herod's farewell party?
(a) Don't forget about the people.
(b) To keep his enemies close.
(c) Beware of too much flattery.
(d) Not to trust anyone.
2. Who helps restore order amongst the Roman soldiers at the Rhine?
3. What does King Herod not respect in a person?
(a) When they disagree with him.
(b) If they believe Joshua is the Messiah.
(c) When people support Roman laws without knowing why.
(d) When they attempt to fuse cultures.
4. What economic advice does Messalina give Claudius?
(a) To grant monopolies.
(b) To grant public health.
(c) To begin bank holidays.
(d) To grant a supply of meats and wine to the public.
5. Why does Narcissus keep the truth of Messalina from Claudius?
(a) He is as guilty as all the other men she sleeps with.
(b) He thought Claudius deserved it.
(c) He wants to spare Claudius' feelings.
(d) He does not believe in meddling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herod convince Caligula of concerning Antipas?
2. Why is Narcissus general for a day?
3. What causes Alexandrians to celebrate under Caligula's rule?
4. What excuse does Messalina give Claudius to have separate bedrooms?
5. Who does Antonia marry?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)