|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section X, ch. 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herod keep Antonia on his side, despite his lies and mischievous ways?
(a) He mentions his orphaned childhood to gain her sympathy.
(b) He promises her money whenever he gains it back.
(c) By appealing to her son, Claudius.
(d) Constant compliments of her virtue and character.
2. Of the following, which is NOT a reason Caesar wants to invade Britain?
(a) To revenge the Celts assault.
(c) To compete against Pompey's military campaigns.
(d) Trading posts.
3. What about Aulus' wife disturbs him?
(a) She is known to commit adultery in his absence.
(b) She becomes Jewish in his absence.
(c) She is greedy for money and power.
(d) She becomes a Christian in his absence.
4. How do the Druids practice religious cleansing?
(a) They only marry within the Druid family.
(b) They burn condemned men in wicker cages every five years.
(c) At the first of each month, the assigned society sacrifices an animal.
(d) The arch-Druid leads a prayer at Stonehenge annually.
5. How does Claudius think of the consuls' work ethics?
(a) They cannot think past their own term.
(b) They are great at making plans.
(c) They are pure idiots.
(d) They are a patient group that knows how to work well as a team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius credit for the rains and success in Morocco?
2. Who does Asiaticus believe instigates his trial?
3. What do the Alexandrians offer to build in honor of Claudius that most excites him?
4. What does King Herod not respect in a person?
5. Who takes over when Herod dies?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)