|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VI, ch. 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Xenophon give Claudius?
(a) Give more power to the Senate.
(b) Read and write less.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Walk more.
2. How do the lawyers accept Claudius into the court system?
(a) They disagree with his practices.
(b) They are surprised at his intellect.
(c) They believe he is fair and just.
(d) They believe he is too soft on the defendants.
3. What word does Herod prefer to describe himself?
4. How does Claudius feel about being an emperor?
(a) He feels secure if Herod becomes his adviser.
(b) He is not fully aware of his power.
(c) He feels compelled to do it by the support of others.
(d) He believes this is the time to prove everyone who doubts him.
5. What do the Alexandrians offer to build in honor of Claudius that most excites him?
(a) A library.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) An obelisk.
(d) A temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudius get angry at the magistrate of Ostia?
2. What act does Caligula attempt that angers many Jews?
3. Who attempts assassination on Claudius?
4. How does Claudius make up for the retraction of Caligula's holidays?
5. Of the following, which is NOT a qualification Claudius demands of Roman citizens?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)