|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VI, ch. 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What public work does Claudius finish for the Roman people?
(b) Arch bridges.
(c) The Appian Way.
2. What happens from the action of Herodius convincing Antipas to care about Herod's state of affairs?
(a) They are banished to Lyons.
(b) Antipas and Herodius divorce.
(c) Herodius becomes a widow.
(d) Herod gets Antipas killed.
3. What does Claudius do to cause some of the Senators to believe he will begin his reign of terror?
(a) Executes Silanus.
(b) Expands the empire further into Africa.
(c) Places gold statues of himself around Rome.
(d) Threatens the Consuls.
4. What act does Caligula attempt that angers many Jews?
(a) Erecting statues of Jesus in public squares in Jerusalem.
(b) Erecting a statue of himself in the Holy of Holies.
(c) Banishing all Jewish holiday celebrations.
(d) Burning down all the synagogues.
5. What advice does Herod give Messalina to control a possible state financial crisis?
(a) Allow the Jewish more prosperity to create more economic opportunities.
(b) Close all the banks.
(c) Allow him to speak to the public.
(d) Encourage Claudius to make more mints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts assassination on Claudius?
2. Why does Claudius plan a 5-day festival?
3. What cures Claudius of trembles and fatigue?
4. How does Scribonianus meet his fate?
5. How does Herod surprise Claudius concerning money?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)