|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VI, ch. 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Messalina give Claudius to have separate bedrooms?
(a) So Claudius can get more rest without her snoring.
(b) So she does not get pregnant so soon.
(c) So Messalina can be close to her ill mother.
(d) So Claudius can show he is more serious about the empire than her.
2. According to Claudius, what is the best Roman monument?
(a) The Appian Way.
(b) The Temple of Mars.
(c) The statue of Augustus.
(d) The palace.
3. Who does Antonia marry?
(a) Herod's youngest son.
(b) Young Pompey.
(c) Vinicius' eldest son.
(d) Lucius Silanus.
4. Who does Claudius believe is the commissioner of the gold and silver chariot?
5. What honorary title does Claudius give Herod?
(a) A Senate seat.
(b) Roman Consul.
(c) The Jewish King.
(d) Principal Adviser to the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius credit for the rains and success in Morocco?
2. What does Claudius do to Caligula's statues?
3. In his first months, what are Claudius' top priorities?
4. What public work does Claudius finish for the Roman people?
5. What hoax occurs in Doris?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)