|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V, ch. 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following classes listed by Claudius, which does Herod the Agrippa best fit?
(a) Virtuous with golden hearts.
(b) Scoundrels with golden hearts.
(c) Scoundrels with stony hearts.
(d) Virtuous with stony hearts.
2. What does Herod convince Caligula of concerning Antipas?
(a) That Antipas is innocent and means no harm.
(b) That Antipas is plotting treason against Caligula.
(c) That deceit lies in Herodius, not Antipas.
(d) That Antipas threatened Herod for his title.
3. What new holiday does Claudius add to the calendar?
(a) Messalina's birthday.
(b) Livia's birthday.
(c) HIs parents' birthdays.
(d) His birthday.
4. How does Gemullus confirm Tiberius' suspicions of treasonous intentions?
(a) Gemullus hears only good words from Herod about Tiberius.
(b) Gemullus hears Caligula and Herod planning an assassination attempt.
(c) Gemullus overhears about a P.O.T. loan.
(d) Gemullus hears Caligula collaborating with Antonia.
5. According to Claudius, what is the best Roman monument?
(a) The Temple of Mars.
(b) The statue of Augustus.
(c) The palace.
(d) The Appian Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Alexandrians offer to build in honor of Claudius that most excites him?
2. Who ends up committing suicide because of the way Caligula rules the Roman Empire?
3. Why does Herod head to Edom?
4. Why does Claudius want to build a harbor?
5. How does Messalina get Silanus reinstated into Rome?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)