|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV, ch. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consensus of the people when Caligula dies?
(a) They are generally apathetic to politics.
(b) They are happy his tyranny is at an end.
(c) They fear Caligula's lapdogs' struggle for power.
(d) They are tearful that he is gone.
2. What does Herod convince Caligula of concerning Antipas?
(a) That deceit lies in Herodius, not Antipas.
(b) That Antipas is innocent and means no harm.
(c) That Antipas threatened Herod for his title.
(d) That Antipas is plotting treason against Caligula.
3. What connection does Herod have in Edom?
(a) His grandfather, Herod the Great.
(b) His uncle, Antipas.
(c) Silas, an old family friend.
(d) Flaccus, his uncle and brother-in-law.
4. Why is it difficult for Petronius to follow through with Caligula's orders?
(a) The high priest is a masterful orator and convinces Petronius to give in.
(b) The Alexandrians succeed in their revolt against Petronius' men.
(c) The Jews are armed.
(d) The Jews resist with respectful non-violence.
5. How does Tiberius die?
(b) Macro smothers him.
(c) By shipwreck.
(d) Herod's evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of an owl in the prison with Herod?
2. Of the following classes listed by Claudius, which does Herod the Agrippa best fit?
3. How does Herod keep Antonia on his side, despite his lies and mischievous ways?
4. How does Antonia's push for a coachman's arrest backfire?
5. According to Claudius, what is the best Roman monument?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)