|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV, ch. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudius plan a 5-day festival?
(a) To show the people that he is a fun emperor.
(b) To celebrate the death of Caligula.
(c) To rededicate the temple to Castor and Pollux.
(d) To celebrate his parents' birthdays.
2. In his first months, what are Claudius' top priorities?
(a) Meeting with the local people and getting on the same page as the Senate.
(b) Planning a festival for his favorite gods.
(c) Financing reorganization and abolition of Caligula's harsher decrees.
(d) Making the Jewish population happy.
3. What change occurs in the Senate's intentions in the first day following Caligula's death?
(a) From allowing a populous vote to having the consul vote for a new emperor.
(b) From restoring the Republic to appointing a new emperor.
(c) From appointing Claudius as the new emperor to voting for Herod.
(d) From accusing Cassius a traitor to calling him a hero.
4. How does Herod end up in Rome?
(a) Herod dislikes his family and runs away to Rome.
(b) His grandfather sends him there.
(c) His father sends him away.
(d) His mother believes the education is better there.
5. What is Claudius' first decision as an emperor?
(a) Appoint Herod as principal adviser.
(b) Execute Cassius.
(c) Execute Tiger.
(d) Banish any Senators who were "lapdogs" of Caligula.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claudius feel about being an emperor?
2. What does Herod convince Caligula of concerning Antipas?
3. What is Claudius known as amongst the royal family?
4. What brings Herod to Bashan?
5. What is Herod's last advice to Claudius at Herod's farewell party?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)