|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II, ch. 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the Alabarch from believing Herod's story when he and Cypros arrive in Alexandria?
(a) The Alabarch asks their children the real story and they do not lie.
(b) Herod is unable to state that he abides the law.
(c) Cypros begs for forgiveness for Herod's dishonesty.
(d) The Roman guard with them spills the truth.
2. What is Claudius' first decision as an emperor?
(a) Appoint Herod as principal adviser.
(b) Execute Cassius.
(c) Banish any Senators who were "lapdogs" of Caligula.
(d) Execute Tiger.
3. How does Antonia's push for a coachman's arrest backfire?
(a) The coachman reveals Herod's treasonous remarks.
(b) The coachman bribes Gemullus to lie about Herod.
(c) Tiberius' threatens Antonia of banishment for not letting the matter go.
(d) The coachman reveals Antonia's treasonous intentions.
4. What connection does Herod have in Edom?
(a) Flaccus, his uncle and brother-in-law.
(b) His uncle, Antipas.
(c) His grandfather, Herod the Great.
(d) Silas, an old family friend.
5. What stops Herod from his initial return to Rome?
(a) Cypros wants to stay in Edom.
(b) Tiberius' claim on his son's friends' lives for treason.
(c) Flaccus threatens anyone who financially helps Herod.
(d) Sergeants with a warrant for his arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act does Caligula attempt that angers many Jews?
2. How does Herod cheat his brother, Aristobulus?
3. Who is the head conspirator of Caligula's assassination?
4. Why is it difficult for Petronius to follow through with Caligula's orders?
5. How does Tiberius die?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)