|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II, ch. 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems most important to the Alabarch above all else?
(a) Loyalty to family.
(b) Loyalty to Judaism.
(c) Doing good for others.
(d) Keeping to the law.
2. How does Herod surprise Claudius concerning money?
(a) Herod gives his money to charity when he profits from investments.
(b) Herod gives it to Aristobulus.
(c) Herod uses it to educate his children.
(d) Herod repays his debt to Claudius before it is due.
3. What kind of reputation do Castor and Herod build themselves in Rome?
(a) One of loyalty.
(b) One of utmost intelligence.
(c) One of high virtue.
(d) One of irresponsibility.
4. What change occurs in the Senate's intentions in the first day following Caligula's death?
(a) From allowing a populous vote to having the consul vote for a new emperor.
(b) From restoring the Republic to appointing a new emperor.
(c) From appointing Claudius as the new emperor to voting for Herod.
(d) From accusing Cassius a traitor to calling him a hero.
5. What brings Herod to Bashan?
(a) Herod must hide away from Tiberius.
(b) Bashan is desolate, where his creditors will not find him.
(c) His Uncle Philip lives there and assists him for a while.
(d) Caligula names him the ruler under his dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what condition will the Alabarch give Herod a loan?
2. Who is the head conspirator of Caligula's assassination?
3. What is Lupus' role in restoring the Republic?
4. How does Claudius feel about being an emperor?
5. What act does Caligula attempt that angers many Jews?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)