|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XII, ch. 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What campaign does Claudius give Gabinius?
(a) To attack the Chattians.
(b) To burn the temples of Hercules in Germany.
(c) To protect the Rhine river from the lower tribes of Germany.
(d) To retrieve the last Eagle.
2. Why is Silas' appointment as Master of Horse controversial?
(a) He is a Saxon.
(b) He is a Samaritan.
(c) He is Greek.
(d) He is German.
3. What causes Justus to be executed?
(a) Insulting words toward Messalina.
(b) Accusations of planning a revolt.
(c) Adultery with Messalina.
(d) For insulting Claudius' role in the British campaign.
4. How does Claudius determine how the public truly feels about him?
(a) He has Brittanicus spy for him.
(b) He sends a message faking his death.
(c) Vitellius purposely says ill words about Claudius to see who will agree.
(d) He dresses in plain white robes in the streets.
5. What change in treasury does Claudius do?
(a) Lets all but one official go so Claudius can learn.
(b) Returns responsibilities to original treasury officials.
(c) Appoints the responsbilities to his own cousins.
(d) Puts Messalina as the head treasurer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to speak up in support of Claudius?
2. How does the wedding party of Messalina and Silius know to run before the guards arrive?
3. Claudius claims what feeling when he hears of a possible rebellion?
4. Who does Vinicianus call on to command a coup?
5. What new holiday does Claudius add to the calendar?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)