|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV, ch. 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Alexandrians offer to build in honor of Claudius that most excites him?
(a) A temple.
(b) A library.
(c) A pyramid.
(d) An obelisk.
2. What connection does Herod have in Edom?
(a) Silas, an old family friend.
(b) His grandfather, Herod the Great.
(c) His uncle, Antipas.
(d) Flaccus, his uncle and brother-in-law.
3. How does Tiberius die?
(a) By shipwreck.
(c) Herod's evil.
(d) Macro smothers him.
4. What is the significance of an owl in the prison with Herod?
(a) An owl seen outside of nighttime prophecies bad luck.
(b) The owl is a messenger of Caligula's.
(c) The owl is a sign of present danger.
(d) It puts dirt on Herod's shoulder and signifies good luck.
5. Who is the head conspirator of Caligula's assassination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up committing suicide because of the way Caligula rules the Roman Empire?
2. How does Claudius make up for the retraction of Caligula's holidays?
3. Why does Herod head to Edom?
4. How does Herod cheat his brother, Aristobulus?
5. What is Herod's last advice to Claudius at Herod's farewell party?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)