|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII, ch. 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bericus run to for help?
2. What trick does Posides play on the British guards at the copse?
(a) He uses a woman's voice to mimic the Hawthorne Queen.
(b) He rigs a fake Heron King.
(c) He pretends to be a Swamp Monster.
(d) He lets loose one of his own horses to divert the guards away.
3. What advice does Xenophon give Claudius?
(a) Walk more.
(b) Give more power to the Senate.
(c) Read and write less.
(d) Trust no one.
4. What omen does Claudius look for to see if they will win the battle against the British?
(a) If the chickens pick at a certain seed.
(b) If a chicken blows out a candle.
(c) A passing eagle in the sky from south to north.
(d) If the chickens eat greedily.
5. What is the first lie Claudius ever tells Herod?
(a) The British campaign is going very well.
(b) He believes Herod is the Messiah of the Jews.
(c) He does not believe Marsus' accusations against Herod.
(d) He needs Herod's help with the British campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people in the Roman Empire are the first to claim Claudius emperor?
2. What slows Claudius' journey to Britain?
3. What causes a delay in Claudius' war against Britain?
4. What helps the British design their fortification?
5. What excuse does Messalina give Claudius to have separate bedrooms?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)