|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII, ch. 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consensus of the people when Caligula dies?
(a) They are tearful that he is gone.
(b) They are happy his tyranny is at an end.
(c) They are generally apathetic to politics.
(d) They fear Caligula's lapdogs' struggle for power.
2. What is the significance of an owl in the prison with Herod?
(a) It puts dirt on Herod's shoulder and signifies good luck.
(b) The owl is a messenger of Caligula's.
(c) The owl is a sign of present danger.
(d) An owl seen outside of nighttime prophecies bad luck.
3. What does the high priest advise Herod?
(a) The most memorable kings are the richest.
(b) The greatest kings are instruments in the hands of God.
(c) The best kings are the ones who pray daily.
(d) A good king remembers his people.
4. Why is Silas' appointment as Master of Horse controversial?
(a) He is a Saxon.
(b) He is Greek.
(c) He is a Samaritan.
(d) He is German.
5. How does Tiberius die?
(b) By shipwreck.
(c) Macro smothers him.
(d) Herod's evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herod advise the Senate?
2. Who saves Geta in battle?
3. What happens to Seneca?
4. What excuse does Messalina give Claudius to have separate bedrooms?
5. What is Claudius' first decision as an emperor?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)