|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII, ch. 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Messalina give Claudius to have separate bedrooms?
(a) So she does not get pregnant so soon.
(b) So Claudius can show he is more serious about the empire than her.
(c) So Claudius can get more rest without her snoring.
(d) So Messalina can be close to her ill mother.
2. What do the Alexandrians do for Claudius and Messalina?
(a) Build a temple in their honor.
(b) Build them each a gold statue.
(c) Hold a 3-day festival for their birthdays.
(d) Mint a coin with both their profiles.
3. Why does Claudius want to build a harbor?
(a) To build a tourism industry.
(b) To avoid famine.
(c) Because Herod advised him to.
(d) To strengthen the navy.
4. What cures Claudius of trembles and fatigue?
(a) Dandelion tea.
(b) Rose water.
(c) Clean water.
5. What is Herod's last advice to Claudius at Herod's farewell party?
(a) Not to trust anyone.
(b) Don't forget about the people.
(c) To keep his enemies close.
(d) Beware of too much flattery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Caligula from freeing Herod immediately from prison?
2. What public work does Claudius finish for the Roman people?
3. Why does Vitellius write to Claudius?
4. What causes Messalina to be jealous?
5. What does Herod convince Caligula of concerning Antipas?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)