|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII, ch. 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Herod not respect in a person?
(a) When they attempt to fuse cultures.
(b) When they disagree with him.
(c) If they believe Joshua is the Messiah.
(d) When people support Roman laws without knowing why.
2. How does Claudius show justice against his own men?
(a) He puts them in the frontlines if they show laziness.
(b) He punishes the men that violates his law against women.
(c) He executes them if they kill unnecessarily.
(d) He takes their goods away if they plunder from women and children.
3. Of the following, which is NOT a reason Caesar wants to invade Britain?
(a) To revenge the Celts assault.
(b) To compete against Pompey's military campaigns.
(d) Trading posts.
4. How does Claudius feel about being an emperor?
(a) He feels compelled to do it by the support of others.
(b) He feels secure if Herod becomes his adviser.
(c) He believes this is the time to prove everyone who doubts him.
(d) He is not fully aware of his power.
5. What rumor is going about in the Near East as Claudius fights in Britain?
(a) Rome is decaying and on the verge of collapse.
(b) Herod will eventually take over as emperor.
(c) The King of Adiabene is bringing all the Jewish Kings together.
(d) Joshua and not Herod is the real Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trick does Posides play on the British guards at the copse?
2. According to Claudius, what is the best Roman monument?
3. How does Tiberius die?
4. What advice does Xenophon give Claudius?
5. Why is it difficult for Petronius to follow through with Caligula's orders?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)