|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII, ch. 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hoax occurs in Doris?
(a) A statue of Herod is dressed in Roman clothing.
(b) A model of a bumbling Claudius is paraded through town.
(c) A song about Claudius as a fool is caroled throughout town.
(d) A statue of Claudius is placed in a synagogue.
2. How is the death of Togodumnus positive for the Britons?
(a) It unites all of them under Caractacus.
(b) It makes Bericus mourn and give in.
(c) Togodumnus was a tyrannic leader.
(d) It tricks the Romans into believing the campaign is over.
3. What is the first lie Claudius ever tells Herod?
(a) He does not believe Marsus' accusations against Herod.
(b) He believes Herod is the Messiah of the Jews.
(c) The British campaign is going very well.
(d) He needs Herod's help with the British campaign.
4. What people in the Roman Empire are the first to claim Claudius emperor?
(a) The infantry and palace guards.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The city battalion.
(d) The populous.
5. What causes a disagreement between Claudius and the generals?
(a) Posides insults Claudius' background in campaigns.
(b) Claudius does not want a frontal attack.
(c) Claudius wants to attempt a diamond formation.
(d) Claudius wants to lead with the camels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lupus' role in restoring the Republic?
2. What dream does Narcissus have about Claudius?
3. Why does Claudius want to build a harbor?
4. What omen does Claudius look for to see if they will win the battle against the British?
5. What happens when Claudius begins his speech to the soldiers?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)