|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what was Jeremiah Reeves sentenced to death?
(a) Killing a police officer.
(b) Killing a black child.
(c) Raping a black woman.
(d) Raping a white woman.
2. Why were some people angry at Claudette?
(a) They were all proud of her, not angry.
(b) She talked to the press and gave them a bad impression of blacks.
(c) She acted like a celebrity.
(d) Her actions causes more problems with bus drivers.
3. What made Claudette angry when she would go to downtown Montgomery?
(a) That she could not try on clothes.
(b) That the buses were only air conditioned in the white sections.
(c) That the buses the blacks wrote were constantly breaking down.
(d) That there were racists signs in store windows.
4. Why were many worried about making Claudette the face of the movement?
(a) She was so light skinned.
(b) She was so young.
(c) She was rebellious.
(d) She was not a convicted criminal.
5. Where is Claudette born?
6. What did the Supreme Court do in 1954?
(a) Declined to consider it.
(b) Threw out Reeves' case.
(c) Upheld Reeves' sentence.
(d) Upheld Reeves' conviction.
7. What sometimes happened if a black person stood up to a driver?
(a) They were thrown in jail.
(b) They were barred from ever using the bus again.
(c) They were barred from the buses for a month.
(d) S/he was fined.
8. In what decades are her childhood years?
9. Who is Delphine?
(a) Claudette's aunt.
(b) Claudette's younger sister.
(c) Claudette's best friend.
(d) Claudette's great aunt.
10. What did the driver say to Claudette?
(a) He needed her row of seats.
(b) He had to put her on another bus since he forgot to stop at her stop.
(c) She needed to get off the bus and take another since it was broken down.
(d) Claudette did not need to get up since her foot was broken.
11. Who was Mary Louise Smith?
(a) Claudette's best friend.
(b) A white girl from the North who comes down to sit with blacks on the buses.
(c) A young black teenager who deified bus segregation.
(d) A young black girl who is severely beaten for speaking for civil rights in a park.
12. Who was Miss Geraldine Nesbitt?
(a) The lawyer defending Reeves.
(b) Claudette's best friend.
(c) The principal of Washington High.
(d) One of Claudette's teachers.
13. When does Claudette next see her sister Delphine?
(a) The next school year.
(b) In high school.
(d) After she died.
14. What happened in Montgomery if the seats were full and a white got on the bus?
(a) The bus driver would move the black section back a row on the left so the white did not have to sit near a black.
(b) The bus driver would move the black section back a row on the right so the white did not have to sit near a black.
(c) A black had to give up his/her seat.
15. What did Claudette want to do after studying the constitution?
(a) Become a lawyer.
(b) Move to another country which actually upheld its constitution.
(c) Write an essay about bus riding rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudette do to stop looking white?
2. How did the blacks feel after Claudette's conviction?
3. What is one thing Jim Crow did to the blacks?
4. Who did Claudette meet at Rosa Parks' home one evening?
5. What is one thing Claudette spent a lot of time doing?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)