|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claudette Colvin?
(a) The white girl whose best friend was black.
(b) The narrator at the opening of the book.
(c) The antagonist.
(d) The author of the book.
2. What sometimes happened if a black person stood up to a driver?
(a) S/he was fined.
(b) They were barred from ever using the bus again.
(c) They were thrown in jail.
(d) They were barred from the buses for a month.
3. What does the narrator say controlled Claudette's life?
(a) Jim Crow.
(c) The school she attends.
(d) Her neighborhood boundaries.
4. What kind of parents were Claudette's biological mother and father?
(a) Somewhat relaxed.
(b) They didn't care what she did.
(c) About average strictness.
(d) Very strict.
5. Why was Claudette kicked out of school?
(a) She refused to obey the principal about the boycott.
(b) She started showing her pregnancy.
(c) She had a felony record.
(d) She got married.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Claudette Colvin grow up?
2. What does Claudette say about sex?
3. How did Claudette feel about the bus boycott?
4. How did Claudette's mother's employers feel about the boycott?
5. Why did Claudette sit in the front of the bus on March 2, 1955?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)