|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3, Jim Crow and the Detested Number Ten, Coot,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this practice mentioned in question 22 violate?
(a) The State bus law.
(b) The Federal bus law.
(c) The county bus law.
(d) The city bus law.
2. Who agreed with Claudette's mother?
(a) The white boys' mother.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) No one.
(d) Claudette's grandmother.
3. Why did the person do that to Claudette?
(a) To get her away from the boys.
(b) Because the boys had gone beyond what was considered ok.
(c) Because Claudette spit on the sidewalk in front of the boys.
(d) To teach her not to touch white people.
4. To what point of view does the narration change from the opening of the book?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person.
(c) It stays the same.
(d) First person.
5. What did the boys do when Claudette and the white boys touched each other's hands?
(a) Push Claudette down.
(b) Slap Claudette.
(c) Yell at Claudette.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Geraldine Nesbitt hold an M.A.?
2. In what decades are her childhood years?
3. What happened in Montgomery if the seats were full and a white got on the bus?
4. When does Claudette next see her sister Delphine?
5. Where does Claudette go to live when she is a baby?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)