|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3, Jim Crow and the Detested Number Ten, Coot,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claudette Colvin?
(a) The author of the book.
(b) The white girl whose best friend was black.
(c) The narrator at the opening of the book.
(d) The antagonist.
2. What does the person who came up to Claudette do?
(a) Arrest Claudette.
(b) Arrest the boys.
(c) Slaps Claudette.
(d) Pulls Claudette aside to say something to her in private.
3. What did the white boys want of Claudette?
(a) To steal her dog.
(b) To steal her coat.
(c) To see her hands.
(d) To take her to the movies.
4. What is one thing Claudette spent a lot of time doing?
(b) Writing her parents.
(c) Cleaning white people's homes.
(d) Track and field events.
5. Who became involved in Jeremiah Reeves' case?
(a) The Anti-defamation League.
(b) The NAACP.
(c) Amnesty International.
(d) No one as they were too scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Claudette Colvin grow up?
2. What did Brown v. the Board of Education of Topeka do?
3. When did Claudette move to the suburbs in Montgomery?
4. To what point of view does the narration change from the opening of the book?
5. What did Claudette feel about the blacks' self image?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)