|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10/Epilogue, Browder v. Gale, Rage in Montgomery, History's Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what was Jeremiah Reeves sentenced to death?
(a) Raping a white woman.
(b) Killing a black child.
(c) Raping a black woman.
(d) Killing a police officer.
2. What does Claudette say about sex?
(a) She knew almost nothing.
(b) She learned about sex in gym class.
(c) She does not say anything about sex.
(d) She knew she should wait for marriage, but the man pressured her.
3. To what point of view does the narration change from the opening of the book?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) It stays the same.
(d) Second person.
4. Who gave the main speech?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) W. E. B. Dubois.
(c) Dr. Martin Luther King.
(d) Medgar Evers.
5. Why was Claudette shunned having to do with her baby?
(a) She refused to marry his father.
(b) His father was white.
(c) He was developmentally slow.
(d) He was light skinned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Supreme Court do in 1954?
2. Why did Claudette sit in the front of the bus on March 2, 1955?
3. What were many of Claudette's friends at school feeling?
4. Who became involved in Jeremiah Reeves' case?
5. What did the boys do when Claudette and the white boys touched each other's hands?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)