|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clarissa's family say that they don't believe that she is very sick, what does she say will prove it?
2. To whom does Clarissa leave her music books and library?
3. After reading the letter in which Clarissa mentions going to her "father's house," what does Lovelace guess might have changed Clarissa's thinking?
4. How does Morden feel after the duel?
5. What does Clarissa do with her coffin while she's still alive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of prostitutes in "Clarissa." How do other characters, both male and female, regard the prostitutes? What kind of character do Polly and Sally reveal? Are there any sympathetic or positive representations of prostitutes in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast all of the death scenes in the novel. Considering just the death scenes, what message do you think the novel has for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Widow Lovick and Widow Sinclair. Why is the status of each woman as a widow important?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)