|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
2. What reason does Clarissa give Charlotte for continuing to refuse to marry Lovelace?
3. What damaging fact does Mr. Brand report to Clarissa's family?
4. What does Lovelace think about Clarissa's broken heart?
5. What do Lovelace's relatives want to give Clarissa to show their regard for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give three examples of things that happen to Clarissa's body that are symbolic of the things that are happening to her life. Explain the symbolism in each case.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast three of the places Clarissa lives during the book. How does each setting reflect the people who live in it and Clarissa's situation at the time she lives there?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Belford and Lovelace. Both of them are strongly effected by their relationship with Clarissa. Compare and contrast their responses to her.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)