|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was Clarissa learning before her death?
2. When Belford criticizes Clarissa's family for its stubbornness, how does Clarissa respond?
3. What makes Colonel Morden threaten to avenge Clarissa?
4. Why does Clarissa want copies of Lovelace's letters to Belford?
5. What do Lovelace's relatives want to give Clarissa to show their regard for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Belford and Lovelace. Both of them are strongly effected by their relationship with Clarissa. Compare and contrast their responses to her.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast all of the death scenes in the novel. Considering just the death scenes, what message do you think the novel has for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Widow Lovick and Widow Sinclair. Why is the status of each woman as a widow important?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)