Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belford have to leave Clarissa's neighborhood to visit Belton?
2. Who does Clarissa especially want to prevent from viewing her body?
3. Who does Clarissa tell Miss Howe to be nicer to?
4. What do James and Arabella think causes their unhappiness in marriage?
5. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
Essay Topic 1
There is a great deal of irony in "Clarissa," including verbal irony, dramatic irony and situational irony. Give an example of each kind of irony and discuss its effect on the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Give three examples of things that happen to Clarissa's body that are symbolic of the things that are happening to her life. Explain the symbolism in each case.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Mrs. Harlowe and Mrs. Howe. How do their styles of parenting differ?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)