|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lovelace's relatives want to give Clarissa to show their regard for her?
2. What reason does Clarissa give Charlotte for continuing to refuse to marry Lovelace?
3. Who is the Belfords' housekeeper?
4. Who takes over the Poor Fund after Mrs. Norton's death?
5. What does Arabella say in her letter that arrived after Clarissa's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Belford and Lovelace. Both of them are strongly effected by their relationship with Clarissa. Compare and contrast their responses to her.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ideals of masculinity and femininity as they are revealed in "Clarissa," and evaluate at least one female and one male character in terms of the way they fulfill their role as a man or woman.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast three of the places Clarissa lives during the book. How does each setting reflect the people who live in it and Clarissa's situation at the time she lives there?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)