|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lovelace's relatives want to give Clarissa to show their regard for her?
(a) All their property.
(b) All the money Lovelace expects to inherit from Lord M.
(c) A lot of jewelry and clothes.
(d) A quarterly allowance.
2. Who has Clarissa arrested?
(c) The Widow Sinclair.
(d) Her brother James.
3. Who writes to Clarissa renewing an old marriage proposal and swearing to stay single as long as Clarissa is available to marry him?
(a) Mr. Hickman's brother.
(b) Mr. Wyerley.
(c) Miss Howe's Uncle Howard Howe.
(d) Mr. Solmes.
4. What damaging fact does Mr. Brand report to Clarissa's family?
(a) That Clarissa's "illness" is really opium addiction.
(b) That Clarissa is faking her illness.
(c) That Clarissa gets frequent visits from Lovelace's friend, Belford.
(d) That Clarissa was seen at a ball dancing with Lovelace and drinking.
5. What stops Lovelace from killing himself when he learns of Clarissa's death?
(a) He's a coward and stops at the last minute.
(b) Clarissa's ghost appears and tells him to stop.
(c) Will has taken all his weapons away.
(d) Lord M has Lovelace put in a padded cell to protect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Clarissa's body does Lovelace say he wants to keep with him?
2. How does Clarissa pay the doctor?
3. Who does Colonel Morden disinherit?
4. To whom does Clarissa leave her miniature portrait of Miss Howe?
5. What reason does Clarissa's doctor give for saying she does not have to pay him?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)