|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Lovelace from killing himself when he learns of Clarissa's death?
(a) Clarissa's ghost appears and tells him to stop.
(b) Lord M has Lovelace put in a padded cell to protect him.
(c) Will has taken all his weapons away.
(d) He's a coward and stops at the last minute.
2. Who does Clarissa instruct Belford to be friends with?
(a) Colonel Morden.
(c) The varlets.
3. When the Harlowe family is grieving Clarissa's death, what does Colonel Morden say was Clarissa's only fault?
(a) Her lack of will power.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her willingness to forgive her family.
(d) Her unwillingness to forgive her family.
4. When Lovelace goes to Clarissa's lodgings and she is not there, who does Lovelace leave to spy on her?
(c) His aunt.
5. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
(b) Uncle Harlowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clarissa tell Miss Howe to be nicer to?
2. Who writes to Clarissa renewing an old marriage proposal and swearing to stay single as long as Clarissa is available to marry him?
3. What does Clarissa do after the charges against her are dropped?
4. What errand does Miss Howe have in London, which means she will be able to visit Clarissa?
5. Why does Clarissa tell Morden he should not avenge her?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)