|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Clarissa leave her music books and library?
2. Why does Belford beg Lovelace not to visit Clarissa?
(a) Because Belford has decided to marry Clarissa himself.
(b) Because a visit from Lovelace will make Clarissa die sooner.
(c) Because Belford is afraid Lovelace will commit suicide if he sees Clarissa.
(d) Because the police are planning to arrest Lovelace if he shows up at Clarissa's lodgings.
3. What do Lovelace's relatives want to give Clarissa to show their regard for her?
(a) All the money Lovelace expects to inherit from Lord M.
(b) All their property.
(c) A quarterly allowance.
(d) A lot of jewelry and clothes.
4. When Clarissa's hearse arrives at Harlowe Place, who is following it?
(a) A bunch of peasants from the village.
(b) Lovelace's varlets.
(c) Paid mourners.
(d) Miss Howe and Mr. Hickman.
5. Why does Morden criticize Miss Howe?
(a) For not being very smart.
(b) For not marrying Hickman quickly, as Clarissa asked her to.
(c) For not being serious enough.
(d) For not mourning Clarissa enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clarissa especially want to prevent from viewing her body?
2. What does Lovelace think about Clarissa's broken heart?
3. What does Mrs. Lovick tell Lovelace gives Clarissa the strength to leave the house?
4. How does Morden feel after the duel?
5. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)