|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arabella say in her letter that arrived after Clarissa's death?
(a) That the family loves Clarissa and will not reproach her.
(b) That she never wants to see Clarissa again.
(c) That Arabella is marrying Mr. Wyerley.
(d) That Arabella is enjoying Clarissa's room and has taken all her jewelry.
2. Why does Belford beg Lovelace not to visit Clarissa?
(a) Because the police are planning to arrest Lovelace if he shows up at Clarissa's lodgings.
(b) Because Belford has decided to marry Clarissa himself.
(c) Because Belford is afraid Lovelace will commit suicide if he sees Clarissa.
(d) Because a visit from Lovelace will make Clarissa die sooner.
3. How does M'Donald feel while dying?
(a) Sure of going to heaven.
(c) Calm and rational.
(d) Happy to be getting out of jail.
4. What languages did Clarissa know well, besides English?
(a) French and Italian.
(b) Spanish and Chinese.
(c) Latin and Greek.
(d) German and Russian.
5. Where does Clarissa want to be buried?
(a) In her family's vault.
(b) In her grandfather's back yard.
(c) In Lovelace's family's vault.
(d) In Westminster Abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarissa do after the charges against her are dropped?
2. What makes Colonel Morden threaten to avenge Clarissa?
3. What does Belford tell Morden when Morden alerts him that James intends to ask him to give up his executorship?
4. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
5. Who does Clarissa especially want to prevent from viewing her body?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)