|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Lovelace and Morden from fighting?
(a) Mr. Hickman.
(b) Lord M.
(d) Uncle Antony.
2. When Belton knows he is dying, how does he feel?
(a) Remorseful for his immoral life.
(b) Happy, because he knows he is going to heaven.
(c) Angry with Belford, because he blames the problems in his life on Belford.
(d) He does not believe the doctor and insists on acting like he's fine.
3. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
(a) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he challenges Lovelace to a duel.
(b) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman while Clarissa is unhappy.
(c) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until the weather is nicer.
(d) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he is as rich as Lovelace.
4. Who offers to adopt Clarissa as his own daughter?
(a) Colonel Morden.
(b) Mr. Hickman.
(d) Lord M.
5. What does Clarissa do with her coffin while she's still alive?
(a) Asks other people to lay in it when they want to talk to her.
(b) Stares at it all the time, mumbling about how she does not want to die.
(c) Uses it as a desk.
(d) Lays in it to pretend she is a vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belford have to leave Clarissa's neighborhood to visit Belton?
2. What does Clarissa do after the charges against her are dropped?
3. Which family member recommends to Clarissa to stop seeing Belford, in hopes that she might be able to reconcile with the rest of the family if she does?
4. Which member of Lovelace's family agrees that Clarissa ought to let Lovelace visit her one last time?
5. What does Lovelace think about Clarissa's broken heart?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)