|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Colonel Morden disinherit?
2. What does Clarissa do with her coffin while she's still alive?
(a) Lays in it to pretend she is a vampire.
(b) Asks other people to lay in it when they want to talk to her.
(c) Stares at it all the time, mumbling about how she does not want to die.
(d) Uses it as a desk.
3. What are Lovelace's last words?
(a) "The devil is coming for me."
(b) "Let this expiate."
(c) "Let this explain."
(d) "I don't want to die"
4. Who writes to Clarissa renewing an old marriage proposal and swearing to stay single as long as Clarissa is available to marry him?
(a) Mr. Hickman's brother.
(b) Mr. Solmes.
(c) Mr. Wyerley.
(d) Miss Howe's Uncle Howard Howe.
5. Why does Colonel Morden hide from Clarissa?
(a) He knows Clarissa hates when people watch her sleeping, so he doesn't want her to know he was doing that.
(b) He doesn't want to shock her, since she hasn't seen him in a long time and she is sick.
(c) He thinks it would cheer her up if he jumped out from behind the curtains.
(d) He is afraid to see her because he feels guilty about not having helped her more.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lovelace talks to Hickman, he says Clarissa lets someone else court her. Who?
2. Who does Clarissa ask to be the executor of her will?
3. Why does Clarissa tell Morden he should not avenge her?
4. Which members of Clarissa's family complain about her bequests to Dolly and Mrs. Norton?
5. Who stops Lovelace and Morden from fighting?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)