|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Clarissa's body does Lovelace say he wants to keep with him?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her hand, since he wanted her hand in marriage.
(c) Her fingernails.
(d) Her brain.
2. Which adjectives best describe Miss Howe's state of mind while viewing Clarissa's corpse?
(a) Amused and skeptical.
(b) Calm and peaceful.
(c) Angry and confused.
(d) Frantic and mournful.
3. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
(a) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until the weather is nicer.
(b) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he is as rich as Lovelace.
(c) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman while Clarissa is unhappy.
(d) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he challenges Lovelace to a duel.
4. Why does Belford beg Lovelace not to visit Clarissa?
(a) Because a visit from Lovelace will make Clarissa die sooner.
(b) Because the police are planning to arrest Lovelace if he shows up at Clarissa's lodgings.
(c) Because Belford is afraid Lovelace will commit suicide if he sees Clarissa.
(d) Because Belford has decided to marry Clarissa himself.
5. Which adjective best describes Clarissa's behavior when discussing her death with the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Belfords' housekeeper?
2. Which members of Clarissa's family complain about her bequests to Dolly and Mrs. Norton?
3. What does Clarissa do with her coffin while she's still alive?
4. Who does Colonel Morden disinherit?
5. Why does Morden criticize Miss Howe?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)