|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Colonel Morden disinherit?
2. When Belton knows he is dying, how does he feel?
(a) He does not believe the doctor and insists on acting like he's fine.
(b) Happy, because he knows he is going to heaven.
(c) Angry with Belford, because he blames the problems in his life on Belford.
(d) Remorseful for his immoral life.
3. After reading the letter in which Clarissa mentions going to her "father's house," what does Lovelace guess might have changed Clarissa's thinking?
(a) He thinks Colonel Morden persuaded her.
(b) He thinks she is pregnant.
(c) He thinks she always intended to marry him, but didn't want him to know it.
(d) He thinks Belford has persuaded her.
4. What does Clarissa explain she meant when she said she hoped she would be able to receive Mr. Lovelace in her father's house?
(a) Clarissa is planning to take legal action against her parents; if she succeeds, she will evict them from Harlowe Place and marry Lovelace there.
(b) That Clarissa hopes her parents will change their minds about Lovelace, and if they do, she will marry him.
(c) Clarissa meant that she would meet Lovelace in the garden at Harlowe Place to marry him before she dies.
(d) That Lovelace will reform and Clarissa will be able to meet him in heaven.
5. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
(c) Uncle Harlowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Lovelace and Morden from fighting?
2. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
3. What are the Harlowes doing when they get the news of Clarissa's death?
4. To whom does Clarissa leave her music books and library?
5. What language was Clarissa learning before her death?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)