|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language was Clarissa learning before her death?
2. Why does Miss Howe say Clarissa's death makes it hard for her to marry Hickman?
(a) Because she wants Clarissa's advice to help her get used to being a wife.
(b) Because Hickman doesn't care about Miss Howe as much now that Clarissa is dead.
(c) Because Hickman is busy being Clarissa's executor.
(d) Because Mrs. Howe doesn't trust men any more, after what happened to Clarissa.
3. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
(d) Uncle Harlowe.
4. When most of Clarissa's family agrees to let Mrs. Norton go to visit Clarissa while she is dying, which member of the family holds out?
(a) Mrs. Howe.
(b) Uncle Antony.
(d) Aunt Antonia.
5. How does Morden feel after the duel?
(b) The reader can not tell.
(d) He doesn't feel anything, because he faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What errand does Miss Howe have in London, which means she will be able to visit Clarissa?
2. Why does Belford beg Lovelace not to visit Clarissa?
3. Who, besides Lovelace, does Morden almost fight when he meets with Lovelace?
4. What languages did Clarissa know well, besides English?
5. To whom does Clarissa leave her music books and library?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)