|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Clarissa leave her miniature portrait of Miss Howe?
(d) Mr. Hickman.
2. Who does Clarissa ask to be the executor of her will?
(a) Miss Howe.
(c) Mr. Hickman.
(d) Uncle Antony.
3. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
(a) Very fancy and beautiful.
(b) Completely transparent (made out of glass).
(c) Very plain.
(d) Very ugly.
4. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
(a) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he challenges Lovelace to a duel.
(b) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman while Clarissa is unhappy.
(c) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until the weather is nicer.
(d) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he is as rich as Lovelace.
5. Who does Lovelace hope to see at Colonel Ambrose's ball?
(a) Polly and Sally.
(b) Miss Howe and Mr. Hickman.
(c) Colonel Ambrose and Lord M.
(d) Uncle Antony and Uncle Harlowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Howe say Clarissa's death makes it hard for her to marry Hickman?
2. What does Belford tell Morden when Morden alerts him that James intends to ask him to give up his executorship?
3. What does Arabella say in her letter that arrived after Clarissa's death?
4. Why doesn't Clarissa respond to Miss Howe's letter suggesting she put herself under Lady Betty's protection and marry Lovelace?
5. What activity does the apothecary recommend Clarissa do less of to improve her health?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)