|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Clarissa leave her miniature portrait of Miss Howe?
(a) Mr. Hickman.
2. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
(a) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until the weather is nicer.
(b) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman while Clarissa is unhappy.
(c) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he is as rich as Lovelace.
(d) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he challenges Lovelace to a duel.
3. Besides the Harlowes' servants, what other servants does Clarissa leave money to?
(a) The servants of the king.
(b) Widow Sinclair's servants.
(c) The servants of the queen.
(d) The Howes' servants.
4. Who are Mr. Mullins and Mr. Wyerley?
(a) Two policemen who are investigating Lovelace.
(b) Two of the varlets.
(c) Two men who wanted to marry Clarissa.
(d) Clarissa's cousins.
5. Why does Clarissa want copies of Lovelace's letters to Belford?
(a) Because the Howes want to know all the details of Clarissa's story.
(b) Because Clarissa suspects that Belford encouraged Lovelace to mistreat her.
(c) Because Clarissa hopes that if she reads these letters, she will be able to tell whether or not Lovelace really loves her.
(d) Because Clarissa wants to write a novel about everything that has happened to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
2. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
3. To whom does Clarissa want her picture of Miss Howe to be given?
4. Who writes to Clarissa renewing an old marriage proposal and swearing to stay single as long as Clarissa is available to marry him?
5. What is Colonel Morden's plan for what Clarissa should do if she doesn't die?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)