|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Widow Sinclair act when Belford tells her she's dying?
(a) She laughs and tells him everyone's dying and she doesn't care.
(c) She does not believe him.
(d) Calm and practical.
2. Who stops Lovelace and Morden from fighting?
(a) Lord M.
(c) Mr. Hickman.
(d) Uncle Antony.
3. Who refuses to go to Belton's funeral?
(b) Belton's son.
(d) Lord M.
4. Who inherits the lands that were supposed to go to Lovelace?
(c) Belford's son.
5. When Clarissa's family say that they don't believe that she is very sick, what does she say will prove it?
(a) A note from her doctor.
(b) Her death.
(c) Everyone else in the house is getting sick, too.
(d) A photograph that Belford has taken of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Clarissa want her picture of Miss Howe to be given?
2. What activity does the apothecary recommend Clarissa do less of to improve her health?
3. What languages did Clarissa know well, besides English?
4. Who writes to Clarissa renewing an old marriage proposal and swearing to stay single as long as Clarissa is available to marry him?
5. How does Morden feel after the duel?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)