|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Hickmans name their daughter?
(c) Miss Howe, Jr.
2. The Harlowes tell Clarissa she must go to America for a few years before she can move back to her estate, and Clarissa agrees to go, if she does not die soon. Which state do they want her to go to?
(a) New York.
3. To whom does Clarissa send the mean letters she received from her family?
(a) Colonel Morden.
(c) Mr. Lovelace.
(d) Mrs. Norton.
4. What stops Lovelace from killing himself when he learns of Clarissa's death?
(a) Will has taken all his weapons away.
(b) Lord M has Lovelace put in a padded cell to protect him.
(c) Clarissa's ghost appears and tells him to stop.
(d) He's a coward and stops at the last minute.
5. Who stops Lovelace and Morden from fighting?
(a) Lord M.
(b) Mr. Hickman.
(c) Uncle Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clarissa's family say that they don't believe that she is very sick, what does she say will prove it?
2. What part of Clarissa's body does Lovelace say he wants to keep with him?
3. Who offers to adopt Clarissa as his own daughter?
4. What makes Colonel Morden threaten to avenge Clarissa?
5. Where does Clarissa want to be buried?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)