|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
(a) Very plain.
(b) Completely transparent (made out of glass).
(c) Very fancy and beautiful.
(d) Very ugly.
2. Which member of Lovelace's family agrees that Clarissa ought to let Lovelace visit her one last time?
(b) Lovelace's younger brother Robert.
(c) Lord M.
(d) Lord D.
3. When Clarissa's hearse arrives at Harlowe Place, who is following it?
(a) A bunch of peasants from the village.
(b) Paid mourners.
(c) Miss Howe and Mr. Hickman.
(d) Lovelace's varlets.
4. Who offers to adopt Clarissa as his own daughter?
(a) Lord M.
(b) Colonel Morden.
(d) Mr. Hickman.
5. How does Widow Sinclair act when Belford tells her she's dying?
(a) She does not believe him.
(b) Calm and practical.
(c) She laughs and tells him everyone's dying and she doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjectives best describe Miss Howe's state of mind while viewing Clarissa's corpse?
2. Why doesn't Clarissa respond to Miss Howe's letter suggesting she put herself under Lady Betty's protection and marry Lovelace?
3. Which family member recommends to Clarissa to stop seeing Belford, in hopes that she might be able to reconcile with the rest of the family if she does?
4. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
5. What do the Hickmans name their daughter?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)