|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Clarissa want her picture of Miss Howe to be given?
(a) Mr. Hickman.
(c) Mrs. Howe.
(d) Mr. Wyerley.
2. What damaging fact does Mr. Brand report to Clarissa's family?
(a) That Clarissa gets frequent visits from Lovelace's friend, Belford.
(b) That Clarissa was seen at a ball dancing with Lovelace and drinking.
(c) That Clarissa is faking her illness.
(d) That Clarissa's "illness" is really opium addiction.
3. Which member of Lovelace's family agrees that Clarissa ought to let Lovelace visit her one last time?
(a) Lord M.
(b) Lord D.
(c) Lovelace's younger brother Robert.
4. Why does learning what Mr. Brand said in his letter to her family change the way Clarissa thinks about her family's treatment of her?
(a) Because the information that Brand provided made Clarissa look very bad.
(b) Because Brand was watching the wrong woman, so everything he told them was about someone else.
(c) Because Brand told them that they should reconcile with her, but they ignored him.
(d) Because Brand had been paid off by Mr. Solmes to lie about Clarissa.
5. Who offers to adopt Clarissa as his own daughter?
(a) Mr. Hickman.
(c) Lord M.
(d) Colonel Morden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Clarissa respond to Miss Howe's letter suggesting she put herself under Lady Betty's protection and marry Lovelace?
2. What stops Lovelace from killing himself when he learns of Clarissa's death?
3. To whom does Clarissa leave her music books and library?
4. When Lovelace reads Clarissa's letter about going to her "father's house," why is he happy?
5. What reason does Clarissa's doctor give for saying she does not have to pay him?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)