|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Colonel Morden threaten to avenge Clarissa?
(a) Morden finds out that Clarissa was pregnant.
(b) Morden realizes that Lovelace stole Clarissa's money.
(c) Morden learns that Clarissa was raped, not seduced.
(d) Morden learns from Brand that everyone is saying Morden's reputation is stained by Clarissa's actions.
2. What are Lovelace's last words?
(a) "Let this explain."
(b) "Let this expiate."
(c) "I don't want to die"
(d) "The devil is coming for me."
3. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
(a) A last blessing before she dies.
(b) To restore her joy.
(c) The money her grandfather left her.
(d) To be allowed to come home.
4. What does Clarissa say about her birthday during her illness?
(a) Clarissa says her birthday would have been happy if only Lovelace had been there to share it with her.
(b) It is her first unhappy birthday and is likely to be her last one.
(c) It is the best birthday she ever had, because she is not in her parents' house.
(d) Clarissa says she is unhappy about her birthday because she is afraid she is getting old and will soon have gray hair.
5. How does Clarissa pay the doctor?
(a) She gives the doctor cookies she baked.
(b) She tells the doctor her family will pay him after she dies.
(c) She gets money from Lovelace.
(d) She sells some of her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel Morden's plan for what Clarissa should do if she doesn't die?
2. What part of Clarissa's body does Lovelace say he wants to keep with him?
3. To whom does Clarissa send the mean letters she received from her family?
4. What language was Clarissa learning before her death?
5. How does Morden feel after the duel?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)