|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading the letter in which Clarissa mentions going to her "father's house," what does Lovelace guess might have changed Clarissa's thinking?
(a) He thinks she is pregnant.
(b) He thinks Belford has persuaded her.
(c) He thinks Colonel Morden persuaded her.
(d) He thinks she always intended to marry him, but didn't want him to know it.
2. Why does Miss Howe say Clarissa's death makes it hard for her to marry Hickman?
(a) Because she wants Clarissa's advice to help her get used to being a wife.
(b) Because Hickman doesn't care about Miss Howe as much now that Clarissa is dead.
(c) Because Hickman is busy being Clarissa's executor.
(d) Because Mrs. Howe doesn't trust men any more, after what happened to Clarissa.
3. What does Mrs. Lovick tell Lovelace gives Clarissa the strength to leave the house?
(b) Clarissa's fear of her father.
(c) Clarissa's love of Solmes.
(d) Clarissa's fear of Lovelace.
4. What languages did Clarissa know well, besides English?
(a) Latin and Greek.
(b) French and Italian.
(c) German and Russian.
(d) Spanish and Chinese.
5. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
(a) Uncle Harlowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel Morden's plan for what Clarissa should do if she doesn't die?
2. To whom does Clarissa leave her music books and library?
3. How does Morden feel after the duel?
4. Where does Clarissa want to be buried?
5. When Lovelace talks to Hickman, he says Clarissa lets someone else court her. Who?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)