|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does the apothecary recommend Clarissa do less of to improve her health?
(a) Laying around.
(b) Taking opium.
2. Why does learning what Mr. Brand said in his letter to her family change the way Clarissa thinks about her family's treatment of her?
(a) Because Brand was watching the wrong woman, so everything he told them was about someone else.
(b) Because the information that Brand provided made Clarissa look very bad.
(c) Because Brand told them that they should reconcile with her, but they ignored him.
(d) Because Brand had been paid off by Mr. Solmes to lie about Clarissa.
3. Why does Clarissa want copies of Lovelace's letters to Belford?
(a) Because the Howes want to know all the details of Clarissa's story.
(b) Because Clarissa suspects that Belford encouraged Lovelace to mistreat her.
(c) Because Clarissa wants to write a novel about everything that has happened to her.
(d) Because Clarissa hopes that if she reads these letters, she will be able to tell whether or not Lovelace really loves her.
4. Which members of Clarissa's family complain about her bequests to Dolly and Mrs. Norton?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Howe.
(b) Sally and Polly.
(c) Dolly and Mrs. Norton.
(d) James and Arabella.
5. Who (besides Clarissa) asks Belford to be the executor of a will?
(a) Belton and Lovelace.
(b) Uncle Antony and Uncle Harlowe.
(c) Miss Howe and Mr. Hickman.
(d) Lord M and Colonel Morden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarissa plan to pay for her funeral?
2. When Clarissa's hearse arrives at Harlowe Place, who is following it?
3. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
4. Who refuses to go to Belton's funeral?
5. To whom does Clarissa leave her miniature portrait of Miss Howe?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)