|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member recommends to Clarissa to stop seeing Belford, in hopes that she might be able to reconcile with the rest of the family if she does?
(a) Uncle Antony.
(c) Clarissa's mother.
(d) Clarissa's father.
2. Why does Morden criticize Miss Howe?
(a) For not mourning Clarissa enough.
(b) For not being very smart.
(c) For not being serious enough.
(d) For not marrying Hickman quickly, as Clarissa asked her to.
3. Why does Miss Howe say Clarissa's death makes it hard for her to marry Hickman?
(a) Because Mrs. Howe doesn't trust men any more, after what happened to Clarissa.
(b) Because she wants Clarissa's advice to help her get used to being a wife.
(c) Because Hickman doesn't care about Miss Howe as much now that Clarissa is dead.
(d) Because Hickman is busy being Clarissa's executor.
4. Who is the Belfords' housekeeper?
(a) Widow Lovick.
(b) Mrs. Howe.
(c) Mrs. Norton.
(d) Mrs. Harlowe.
5. What reason does Clarissa's doctor give for saying she does not have to pay him?
(a) Some of his visits are social.
(b) The doctor says the government should pay him, since Clarissa is so wonderful.
(c) The doctor wants to marry Clarissa.
(d) The doctor says Lovelace should pay him, since he ravished Clarissa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clarissa ask to be the executor of her will?
2. When the Harlowe family is grieving Clarissa's death, what does Colonel Morden say was Clarissa's only fault?
3. What activity does the apothecary recommend Clarissa do less of to improve her health?
4. How does Clarissa plan to pay for her funeral?
5. To whom does Clarissa want her picture of Miss Howe to be given?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)