|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
(a) To be allowed to come home.
(b) A last blessing before she dies.
(c) To restore her joy.
(d) The money her grandfather left her.
2. How does Clarissa pay the doctor?
(a) She gives the doctor cookies she baked.
(b) She sells some of her clothes.
(c) She gets money from Lovelace.
(d) She tells the doctor her family will pay him after she dies.
3. Why does Belford have to leave Clarissa's neighborhood to visit Belton?
(a) Because Belton is giving a ball, and Belford has to be there.
(b) Because Belton is dying.
(c) Because Belton promised Belford a lot of money for visiting him.
(d) Because Lovelace wants Belford to leave so he can visit Clarissa alone.
4. When most of Clarissa's family agrees to let Mrs. Norton go to visit Clarissa while she is dying, which member of the family holds out?
(a) Mrs. Howe.
(b) Aunt Antonia.
(c) Uncle Antony.
5. What does Clarissa explain she meant when she said she hoped she would be able to receive Mr. Lovelace in her father's house?
(a) That Lovelace will reform and Clarissa will be able to meet him in heaven.
(b) Clarissa meant that she would meet Lovelace in the garden at Harlowe Place to marry him before she dies.
(c) Clarissa is planning to take legal action against her parents; if she succeeds, she will evict them from Harlowe Place and marry Lovelace there.
(d) That Clarissa hopes her parents will change their minds about Lovelace, and if they do, she will marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do Lovelace and Morden use to fight?
2. What makes Lovelace's family accuse him of evil-doing in relation to Clarissa?
3. Why does Miss Howe say Clarissa's death makes it hard for her to marry Hickman?
4. How does Lovelace respond when the dying Clarissa forgives him?
5. Which adjective best describes Clarissa's behavior when discussing her death with the doctor?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)