|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When most of Clarissa's family agrees to let Mrs. Norton go to visit Clarissa while she is dying, which member of the family holds out?
(a) Aunt Antonia.
(c) Uncle Antony.
(d) Mrs. Howe.
2. Why doesn't Clarissa respond to Miss Howe's letter suggesting she put herself under Lady Betty's protection and marry Lovelace?
(a) Clarissa is so upset she has lost the ability to hold a pen.
(b) Clarissa doesn't get the letter, because she's in jail.
(c) Clarissa thinks Miss Howe's letter is a forgery.
(d) Clarissa is still not speaking to Miss Howe.
3. How does Morden feel after the duel?
(b) He doesn't feel anything, because he faints.
(d) The reader can not tell.
4. Which adjective best describes Clarissa's behavior when discussing her death with the doctor?
5. What damaging fact does Mr. Brand report to Clarissa's family?
(a) That Clarissa is faking her illness.
(b) That Clarissa gets frequent visits from Lovelace's friend, Belford.
(c) That Clarissa was seen at a ball dancing with Lovelace and drinking.
(d) That Clarissa's "illness" is really opium addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel Morden's plan for what Clarissa should do if she doesn't die?
2. Why does Clarissa want copies of Lovelace's letters to Belford?
3. When Belford criticizes Clarissa's family for its stubbornness, how does Clarissa respond?
4. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
5. What does Brand say about Belford's relationship with Clarissa?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)