|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lovelace hope to see at Colonel Ambrose's ball?
(a) Polly and Sally.
(b) Uncle Antony and Uncle Harlowe.
(c) Colonel Ambrose and Lord M.
(d) Miss Howe and Mr. Hickman.
2. What weapons do Lovelace and Morden use to fight?
(d) Bare hands.
3. When Lovelace goes to Clarissa's lodgings and she is not there, who does Lovelace leave to spy on her?
(d) His aunt.
4. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
(a) Very ugly.
(b) Very fancy and beautiful.
(c) Very plain.
(d) Completely transparent (made out of glass).
5. Which adjective best describes Clarissa's behavior when discussing her death with the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clarissa tell Morden he should not avenge her?
2. When Belton knows he is dying, how does he feel?
3. Who stops Lovelace and Morden from fighting?
4. When most of Clarissa's family agrees to let Mrs. Norton go to visit Clarissa while she is dying, which member of the family holds out?
5. After reading the letter in which Clarissa mentions going to her "father's house," what does Lovelace guess might have changed Clarissa's thinking?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)