|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belford have to leave Clarissa's neighborhood to visit Belton?
(a) Because Lovelace wants Belford to leave so he can visit Clarissa alone.
(b) Because Belton is giving a ball, and Belford has to be there.
(c) Because Belton promised Belford a lot of money for visiting him.
(d) Because Belton is dying.
2. Who does Clarissa especially want to prevent from viewing her body?
(a) Miss Howe.
(b) Widow Sinclair.
(c) The varlets.
3. Who does Clarissa tell Miss Howe to be nicer to?
(b) Polly and Sally.
(c) Mr. Hickman.
(d) Widow Sinclair.
4. What do James and Arabella think causes their unhappiness in marriage?
(a) Solmes is out to get them.
(b) All marriages are unhappy.
(c) The fact that they did not inherit Morden's money.
(d) Their bad treatment of Clarissa.
5. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
(a) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he is as rich as Lovelace.
(b) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until the weather is nicer.
(c) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman while Clarissa is unhappy.
(d) Miss Howe will not marry Hickman until he challenges Lovelace to a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Clarissa send the mean letters she received from her family?
2. Who (besides Clarissa) asks Belford to be the executor of a will?
3. Why does Colonel Morden hide from Clarissa?
4. What does Morden bring Clarissa?
5. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)