|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clarissa tell Miss Howe to be nicer to?
(a) Mr. Hickman.
(c) Widow Sinclair.
(d) Polly and Sally.
2. Besides the Harlowes' servants, what other servants does Clarissa leave money to?
(a) The servants of the king.
(b) Widow Sinclair's servants.
(c) The servants of the queen.
(d) The Howes' servants.
3. Who (besides Clarissa) asks Belford to be the executor of a will?
(a) Miss Howe and Mr. Hickman.
(b) Lord M and Colonel Morden.
(c) Belton and Lovelace.
(d) Uncle Antony and Uncle Harlowe.
4. What does Belford tell Morden when Morden alerts him that James intends to ask him to give up his executorship?
(a) Belford says the only person he will give the executorship up to is Morden.
(b) Belford says he will do whatever Morden tells him to do.
(c) Belford says he will not give up his executorship.
(d) Belford says he will follow the family's wishes.
5. Who is the Belfords' housekeeper?
(a) Mrs. Norton.
(b) Widow Lovick.
(c) Mrs. Harlowe.
(d) Mrs. Howe.
6. Who has Clarissa arrested?
(b) Her brother James.
(c) The Widow Sinclair.
7. How does Clarissa pay the doctor?
(a) She sells some of her clothes.
(b) She gives the doctor cookies she baked.
(c) She gets money from Lovelace.
(d) She tells the doctor her family will pay him after she dies.
8. How does Widow Sinclair act when Belford tells her she's dying?
(a) She laughs and tells him everyone's dying and she doesn't care.
(b) Calm and practical.
(d) She does not believe him.
9. What is Colonel Morden's plan for what Clarissa should do if she doesn't die?
(a) Marry Mr. Wyerley, if he will still have her.
(b) Go hide in Pennsylvania.
(c) Live with Miss Howe.
(d) Travel with Colonel Morden for several years.
10. Who refuses to go to Belton's funeral?
(a) Belton's son.
(d) Lord M.
11. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
(a) Very ugly.
(b) Very plain.
(c) Completely transparent (made out of glass).
(d) Very fancy and beautiful.
12. Which adjective best describes Clarissa's behavior when discussing her death with the doctor?
13. To whom does Clarissa leave her miniature portrait of Miss Howe?
(d) Mr. Hickman.
14. How does Morden feel after the duel?
(b) He doesn't feel anything, because he faints.
(d) The reader can not tell.
15. Which member of Lovelace's family agrees that Clarissa ought to let Lovelace visit her one last time?
(a) Lord D.
(b) Lord M.
(c) Lovelace's younger brother Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What errand does Miss Howe have in London, which means she will be able to visit Clarissa?
2. Why does Clarissa tell Morden he should not avenge her?
3. When Clarissa's hearse arrives at Harlowe Place, who is following it?
4. What are Lovelace's last words?
5. Who does Colonel Morden disinherit?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)