|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 521-537 dated September 28th through December 18th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the style of this book?
(a) A series of letters exchanged between several people.
(b) One long letter written by one person.
(c) A play.
(d) A young woman's diary.
2. When Belton knows he is dying, how does he feel?
(a) Remorseful for his immoral life.
(b) He does not believe the doctor and insists on acting like he's fine.
(c) Happy, because he knows he is going to heaven.
(d) Angry with Belford, because he blames the problems in his life on Belford.
3. What language was Clarissa learning before her death?
4. How does Clarissa know what Lovelace and Tomlinson said to each other?
(a) Tomlinson wrote Clarissa a letter and told her.
(b) Lovelace told Clarissa what they said.
(c) Dorcas told Clarissa what they said.
(d) Clarissa eavesdropped on them.
5. How does Clarissa pay the doctor?
(a) She gets money from Lovelace.
(b) She sells some of her clothes.
(c) She tells the doctor her family will pay him after she dies.
(d) She gives the doctor cookies she baked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lovelace think that Lord M dying might help him get Clarissa to marry him?
2. Who wrote the letter about Lovelace that Solmes reads?
3. What are the Harlowes doing when they get the news of Clarissa's death?
4. What does Arabella say in her letter that arrived after Clarissa's death?
5. When does Clarissa say she will set a wedding date?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)