|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 521-537 dated September 28th through December 18th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belford have to leave Clarissa's neighborhood to visit Belton?
(a) Because Belton is dying.
(b) Because Belton promised Belford a lot of money for visiting him.
(c) Because Lovelace wants Belford to leave so he can visit Clarissa alone.
(d) Because Belton is giving a ball, and Belford has to be there.
2. Who has Clarissa arrested?
(b) The Widow Sinclair.
(d) Her brother James.
3. What does Brand say about Belford's relationship with Clarissa?
(a) That he thinks Belford is trying to convince Clarissa to leave her money to Belford.
(b) That he thinks Belford gives Clarissa money.
(c) That he thinks Belford is a drug dealer.
(d) That he thinks Belford is Lovelace in disguise.
4. What drug does Lovelace blame for Clarissa's apparent madness after he ravishes her?
5. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
(a) Very plain.
(b) Very ugly.
(c) Completely transparent (made out of glass).
(d) Very fancy and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lovelace offer to take Clarissa to get her away from her family?
2. While on their way to Lady Betty's cousin's house, what excuse does Lovelace use for stopping at Widow Sinclair's house?
3. Who does Lovelace hope to see at Colonel Ambrose's ball?
4. When Clarissa's family say that they don't believe that she is very sick, what does she say will prove it?
5. Which of the following is one of the things Lovelace wrote in a forged letter, which is made to look like it was written by Miss Howe?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)