|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 521-537 dated September 28th through December 18th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damaging fact does Mr. Brand report to Clarissa's family?
(a) That Clarissa was seen at a ball dancing with Lovelace and drinking.
(b) That Clarissa's "illness" is really opium addiction.
(c) That Clarissa gets frequent visits from Lovelace's friend, Belford.
(d) That Clarissa is faking her illness.
2. Which member of Lovelace's family agrees that Clarissa ought to let Lovelace visit her one last time?
(a) Lord D.
(b) Lord M.
(d) Lovelace's younger brother Robert.
3. Who does Clarissa write to, asking for help persuading her father not to force her to marry Solmes?
(a) Mrs. Howe.
(b) Uncle Antony.
(c) John Belford.
(d) Aunt Antonia.
4. How does Lovelace know about everything that happens at Clarissa's house?
(a) He is secretly dating Arabella, who tells him what is happening.
(b) He hangs around in the bushes and listens to their conversations.
(c) He has hired one of their servants as a spy.
(d) He is psychic.
5. What two reasons does Clarissa give for not visiting Lovelace's aunt, Lady Betty Lawrence?
(a) Clarissa has no clothes, and Lady Betty has not invited her.
(b) Clarissa is ill, and Lady Betty is boring.
(c) Clarissa is rich, but Lady Betty is poor.
(d) Clarissa has no clothes, and Lady Betty warned her not to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house is Clarissa staying in while in London?
2. Where is Clarissa planning to go while Lovelace visits the dying Lord M?
3. When Lovelace and Clarissa get a room together at an inn, what do they pretend to be?
4. When most of Clarissa's family agrees to let Mrs. Norton go to visit Clarissa while she is dying, which member of the family holds out?
5. Why does Belford beg Lovelace not to visit Clarissa?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)