|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 460-476 dated September 4th through September 7th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Lovelace proposes marriage to Arabella, why does she say no?
(a) She does not like the way he talks to her.
(b) She never wants to get married at all.
(c) She has heard he has seduced a lot of women.
(d) She never liked him in the first place.
2. How does Clarissa pay the doctor?
(a) She gets money from Lovelace.
(b) She sells some of her clothes.
(c) She tells the doctor her family will pay him after she dies.
(d) She gives the doctor cookies she baked.
3. On whose birthday does Lovelace tentatively plan a wedding?
(a) His own.
(c) The Widow SInclair's.
(d) Uncle Harlowe's.
4. What drug does Lovelace blame for Clarissa's apparent madness after he ravishes her?
5. After the Howes learn of Lovelace's many tricks and his use of drugs to rape Clarissa, what do they think Clarissa should do?
(a) Drug him with opium and leave him in the gutter.
(b) Bring legal charges against Lovelace.
(c) Go to rehab to make sure she does not get addicted.
(d) Marry Mr. Solmes quickly, in case Clarissa is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
2. How does Captain Tomlinson feel about helping to trick Clarissa after talking with her at Mrs. Moore's house?
3. In addition to the information about the Widow Sinclair, what else does the revealing letter from Miss Howe say?
4. When Clarissa runs away after the fire, what does she plan to do if Lovelace does not find her?
5. What makes Lovelace vomit?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)