|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 460-476 dated September 4th through September 7th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovelace think about Clarissa's broken heart?
(a) Lovelace does not believe Clarissa has a broken heart.
(b) Lovelace believes it was Solmes who broke Clarissa's heart.
(c) Lovelace is glad Clarissa has a broken heart.
(d) Lovelace believes the doctors are saying Clarissa has a broken heart because they're bad doctors and can not figure out what is really wrong with her.
2. Which of Lovelace's friends is pleased to learn of Clarissa's escape?
(a) Captain Tomlinson.
(b) Mr. Belford.
(d) Mr. Solmes.
3. Why does Clarissa run away after the fire at Widow Sinclair's house?
(a) She wants to join the circus.
(b) She set the fire herself so she could run away.
(c) She hates fire even more than Lovelace.
(d) She believes Lovelace set the fire to get a chance to ravish her.
4. After reading the letter in which Clarissa mentions going to her "father's house," what does Lovelace guess might have changed Clarissa's thinking?
(a) He thinks she always intended to marry him, but didn't want him to know it.
(b) He thinks Belford has persuaded her.
(c) He thinks she is pregnant.
(d) He thinks Colonel Morden persuaded her.
5. Who has Clarissa arrested?
(a) The Widow Sinclair.
(b) Her brother James.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
2. Why does Mr. Belford disapprove of Lovelace's plan to "test" Clarissa?
3. How does Lovelace know about everything that happens at Clarissa's house?
4. With whom does Lovelace have a child?
5. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)