|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 460-476 dated September 4th through September 7th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarissa do with the proposed marriage settlement Lovelace gives to her?
(a) Sends it to Mrs. Harlowe.
(b) Changes it, so that Clarissa gets more money.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Sends it to Miss Howe for her approval.
2. Who is Miss Howe?
(a) Arabella's best friend.
(b) Clarissa's best friend.
(c) Clarissa and Arabella's nanny.
(d) Clarissa's sister.
3. How does Lovelace's talk with the God of Love about Clarissa end?
(a) The God of Love tells Lovelace that Clarissa really loves Mr. Hickman.
(b) Lovelace tells the God of Love that he will become a better man in order to deserve Clarissa.
(c) The God of Love gives up on Clarissa.
(d) The God of Love convinces Lovelace to treat Clarissa like a queen.
4. Where does Lovelace offer to take Clarissa to get her away from her family?
(b) A hotel.
(c) The house of his aunt, Lady Betty Lawrence.
(d) Uncle Antony's house.
5. How does Lovelace know about everything that happens at Clarissa's house?
(a) He has hired one of their servants as a spy.
(b) He hangs around in the bushes and listens to their conversations.
(c) He is secretly dating Arabella, who tells him what is happening.
(d) He is psychic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Howe threaten to take revenge on when her mother refuses to give Clarissa protection?
2. After Mr. Harlowe renounces his curse, what does Clarissa write to her mother to ask for?
3. Who has Clarissa arrested?
4. Why does Clarissa faint when she finds out that they cannot leave the Widow Sinclair's house because Charlotte is sick?
5. When Clarissa seems willing to marry Lovelace in order to reconcile with her family, why does that bother Lovelace?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)