|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 240-246 dated June 10th | Letters 247-257 dated June 11th through June 13th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the things Lovelace wrote in a forged letter, which is made to look like it was written by Miss Howe?
(a) That Clarissa should not care about being ruined, since it's silly to expect a woman to stay a virgin until she is married.
(b) That Mr. Hickman has ruined Miss Howe.
(c) That Mr. Lovelace raped Miss Howe while she was on her way to visit her aunt.
(d) That Lovelace no longer intends to ruin Clarissa.
2. What part of Clarissa's body does James injure during the meeting with Solmes?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her head.
3. What makes Lovelace vomit?
(a) He took a drug to make himself throw up.
(b) Bad shellfish.
(c) A bad smell in the house.
(d) Nerves about the wedding.
4. At the end of this section (letters 56-74), who is Clarissa pinning her hopes on?
(a) Colonel Morden.
(b) Her brother James.
(c) Her uncle Antony.
(d) Her aunt Hervey.
5. Which of the following best describes the style of this book?
(a) One long letter written by one person.
(b) A play.
(c) A young woman's diary.
(d) A series of letters exchanged between several people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Mrs. Howe send to Clarissa?
2. In letters 22-36, does Clarissa want to marry Solmes or Lovelace?
3. Why does Clarissa decide London might be an acceptable place to stay?
4. Who wrote the letter about Lovelace that Solmes reads?
5. Lovelace tells his friend Belford that he's happy to have Clarissa under his control, but that only one thing takes away from his happiness. What is that one thing?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)