|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 240-246 dated June 10th | Letters 247-257 dated June 11th through June 13th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Tomlinson feel about helping to trick Clarissa after talking with her at Mrs. Moore's house?
(a) Full of anger at Clarissa.
(b) Very amused.
(c) Guilty and regretful.
(d) Hopeful that the tricks will succeed.
2. In letter 21, how is Clarissa punished for refusing to be nice to Mr. Solmes?
(a) She is forced to be her sister's maid.
(b) She is not allowed to go to a ball.
(c) She is forbidden to see her family and sent to her room.
(d) Her dairy-house is given to her brother.
3. When Miss Howe finds out that Clarissa has run off with Lovelace, what does Miss Howe advise Clarissa to do?
(a) Hold out for as much money as she can get before agreeing to marry him.
(b) Marry Solmes as soon as possible.
(c) Marry Lovelace as soon as possible.
(d) Run away to New York and become an actress.
4. Why does Clarissa faint when she finds out that they cannot leave the Widow Sinclair's house because Charlotte is sick?
(a) Clarissa knows that Lovelace's next step will be to kidnap her and take her to Australia.
(b) She believes this is the final blow to her reputation.
(c) The air at the Widow Sinclair's house smells so bad that Clarissa passed out from the fumes.
(d) Charlotte is her best friend.
5. What contest does Clarissa challenge James to?
(a) A game of chess.
(b) A duel.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A debate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the letter about Lovelace that Solmes reads?
2. In the dream Clarissa has, what does Lovelace do to her?
3. How do Lovelace's friends react when they learn that Clarissa does not like them?
4. Why does Lord M want Lovelace to have children with Clarissa?
5. How does Clarissa know what Lovelace and Tomlinson said to each other?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)