|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 240-246 dated June 10th | Letters 247-257 dated June 11th through June 13th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clarissa runs away after the fire, what does she plan to do if Lovelace does not find her?
(a) Stay right where she is.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Marry Mr. Solmes.
(d) Go back to Harlowe Place and act like nothing happened.
2. Why does Dorcas refuse to answer any more questions after telling the mysterious servant that Lovelace and Clarissa are married?
(a) Because the servant kissed Dorcas.
(b) Because Dorcas is unpredictable.
(c) Because the servant will not say why he is asking.
(d) Because Dorcas does not know the answers to the questions he is asking.
3. When does Clarissa say she will set a wedding date?
(a) As soon as the dressmaker finishes her wedding dress.
(b) As soon as she talks to her wedding planner.
(c) As soon as Lovelace gets a marriage license.
(d) As soon as her family says they will come to the wedding.
4. How does Clarissa's maid Betty treat her?
(a) Betty worships Clarissa.
(b) Betty tries to help Clarissa escape.
(c) Betty treats Clarissa rudely.
(d) Betty fears Clarissa.
5. What part of Clarissa's body does James injure during the meeting with Solmes?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her foot.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarissa say about Mrs. Howe's refusal to help her?
2. What important news does Colonel Morden's letter contain?
3. What makes Lord M a bad choice for someone to give Clarissa away at the wedding?
4. When James writes to Clarissa and tells her she is basically under house arrest, where exactly does he tell her she has to stay?
5. At the end of this section (letters 56-74), who is Clarissa pinning her hopes on?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)