|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 477-499 dated September 7th through September 10th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarissa explain she meant when she said she hoped she would be able to receive Mr. Lovelace in her father's house?
(a) Clarissa meant that she would meet Lovelace in the garden at Harlowe Place to marry him before she dies.
(b) That Lovelace will reform and Clarissa will be able to meet him in heaven.
(c) That Clarissa hopes her parents will change their minds about Lovelace, and if they do, she will marry him.
(d) Clarissa is planning to take legal action against her parents; if she succeeds, she will evict them from Harlowe Place and marry Lovelace there.
2. In letters 22-36, does Clarissa want to marry Solmes or Lovelace?
(d) She loves them both but can not decide which to marry.
3. What does Mr. Belton learn that his mistress did to him?
(a) Opened a house of prostitution.
(b) Gave Belton's money to her boyfriend.
(c) Ran off to New York.
(d) Told everyone that she and Belton were not married.
4. Why does Lovelace spread a rumor that James still plans to kidnap Clarissa?
(a) To make sure Clarissa will still want Lovelace's protection.
(b) To hurt James's reputation.
(c) Because it is true.
(d) Because Lovelace plans to kidnap Arabella.
5. How does Lovelace respond when the dying Clarissa forgives him?
(a) He says he does not forgive her.
(b) He asks whether she forgave James and Arabella, since the whole thing was really their fault.
(c) He says he is not sure he deserves to be forgiven.
(d) He says he is glad, because now he doesn't have to worry about being punished in the afterlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lovelace hope to see at Colonel Ambrose's ball?
2. Why does Lord M want Lovelace to have children with Clarissa?
3. Who mocks Belford and Belton while Belton is dying?
4. In addition to the information about the Widow Sinclair, what else does the revealing letter from Miss Howe say?
5. Why do the women at Mrs. Moore's house take Lovelace's side?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)