|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 477-499 dated September 7th through September 10th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In letters 22-36, does Clarissa want to marry Solmes or Lovelace?
(c) She loves them both but can not decide which to marry.
2. What does Miss Howe learn is the truth about Lovelace and Rosebud?
(a) Rosebud has a baby with Lovelace.
(b) Lovelace is just being nice to Rosebud, giving her money so she can afford to get married.
(c) Rosebud is really Lovelace in disguise.
(d) Rosebud is Lovelace's daughter.
3. Why does Dorcas refuse to answer any more questions after telling the mysterious servant that Lovelace and Clarissa are married?
(a) Because Dorcas is unpredictable.
(b) Because the servant kissed Dorcas.
(c) Because Dorcas does not know the answers to the questions he is asking.
(d) Because the servant will not say why he is asking.
4. How does Widow Sinclair act when Belford tells her she's dying?
(b) She does not believe him.
(c) She laughs and tells him everyone's dying and she doesn't care.
(d) Calm and practical.
5. Why does Colonel Morden hide from Clarissa?
(a) He is afraid to see her because he feels guilty about not having helped her more.
(b) He thinks it would cheer her up if he jumped out from behind the curtains.
(c) He doesn't want to shock her, since she hasn't seen him in a long time and she is sick.
(d) He knows Clarissa hates when people watch her sleeping, so he doesn't want her to know he was doing that.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Howe threaten to take revenge on when her mother refuses to give Clarissa protection?
2. What two reasons does Clarissa give for not visiting Lovelace's aunt, Lady Betty Lawrence?
3. When Clarissa runs away after the fire, what does she plan to do if Lovelace does not find her?
4. What does Lovelace tell Clarissa that makes her feel bad for him?
5. What does Brand say about Belford's relationship with Clarissa?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)