|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 477-499 dated September 7th through September 10th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In letters 22-36, does Clarissa want to marry Solmes or Lovelace?
(c) She loves them both but can not decide which to marry.
2. When Lovelace goes to Clarissa's lodgings and she is not there, who does Lovelace leave to spy on her?
(c) His aunt.
3. How do Lovelace's friends react when they learn that Clarissa does not like them?
(a) They tell Lovelace that Clarissa is not good enough to be his wife.
(b) They say she is reasonable and that Lovelace should marry her.
(c) They hope Clarissa will like them more later.
(d) They all decide to go to church.
4. Where does Lovelace offer to take Clarissa to get her away from her family?
(a) Uncle Antony's house.
(b) A hotel.
(d) The house of his aunt, Lady Betty Lawrence.
5. After reading the letter in which Clarissa mentions going to her "father's house," what does Lovelace guess might have changed Clarissa's thinking?
(a) He thinks she always intended to marry him, but didn't want him to know it.
(b) He thinks Colonel Morden persuaded her.
(c) He thinks Belford has persuaded her.
(d) He thinks she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lovelace's friends is pleased to learn of Clarissa's escape?
2. When Clarissa visits Lovelace's bedroom in her nightgown, what does she ask him?
3. Where does Clarissa want to be buried?
4. What does Hickman tell Belford is causing Miss Howe to delay her marriage to Hickman?
5. Why does Lovelace think it has been easy for Clarissa to be virtuous so far?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)