|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 167-175 dated May 2nd through May 9th | Letters 176-188 dated May 9th through May 18th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is courting Mrs. Howe?
(a) Clarissa's brother James.
(b) Clarissa's father.
(d) Uncle Antony.
2. Why does Clarissa decide London might be an acceptable place to stay?
(a) She thinks it will be easier to get married in London.
(b) She knows she can catch a plane to America at Heathrow.
(c) She thinks Lovelace might be more likely to leave her alone in London.
(d) She hopes to escape and join some travelling actors.
3. What kind of place does Lovelace trick Clarissa into choosing for her lodging in London?
(a) A house of prostitution.
(b) A non-existent address.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A dungeon.
4. What does Clarissa say about Mrs. Howe's refusal to help her?
(a) Clarissa says Mrs. Howe made the right decision in refusing to help her.
(b) Clarissa says Mrs. Howe is going to pay for refusing to help her.
(c) Clarissa says that Mrs. Howe's decision proves that she is out of her mind.
(d) Clarissa says Mrs. Howe is the meanest old woman she knows.
5. What does Clarissa do with the proposed marriage settlement Lovelace gives to her?
(a) Changes it, so that Clarissa gets more money.
(b) Sends it to Miss Howe for her approval.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Sends it to Mrs. Harlowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of this section (letters 56-74), who is Clarissa pinning her hopes on?
2. What advice does Mrs. Howe send to Clarissa?
3. What makes Lord M a bad choice for someone to give Clarissa away at the wedding?
4. In the dream Clarissa has, what does Lovelace do to her?
5. How does Lovelace know about everything that happens at Clarissa's house?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)