|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 167-175 dated May 2nd through May 9th | Letters 176-188 dated May 9th through May 18th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is courting Mrs. Howe?
(a) Uncle Antony.
(b) Clarissa's father.
(c) Clarissa's brother James.
2. What part of Clarissa's body does James injure during the meeting with Solmes?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her leg.
3. How do Lovelace's friends react when they learn that Clarissa does not like them?
(a) They say she is reasonable and that Lovelace should marry her.
(b) They all decide to go to church.
(c) They hope Clarissa will like them more later.
(d) They tell Lovelace that Clarissa is not good enough to be his wife.
4. What makes Lord M a bad choice for someone to give Clarissa away at the wedding?
(a) Lord M hates Clarissa and does not want Lovelace to get married.
(b) Lord M is ill with gout, so they can't set a date.
(c) Clarissa hates Lord M.
(d) Lord M is very ugly.
5. What important news does Colonel Morden's letter contain?
(a) Colonel Morden has learned that Lovelace is really Clarissa's brother.
(b) Colonel Morden is never returning to England.
(c) Colonel Morden thinks Clarissa should have married Solmes.
(d) Colonel Morden has challenged James to a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lovelace know about everything that happens at Clarissa's house?
2. In letters 31-36, what does Lovelace tell his friend Belford about his feelings for Clarissa?
3. What does Clarissa say about Mrs. Howe's refusal to help her?
4. How does Solmes believe husbands should handle wives?
5. Who does Miss Howe threaten to take revenge on when her mother refuses to give Clarissa protection?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)