|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 342-350 dated July 20th through July 22nd | Letters 351-369 dated July 20th through July 27th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of this section (letters 56-74), who is Clarissa pinning her hopes on?
(a) Her brother James.
(b) Colonel Morden.
(c) Her aunt Hervey.
(d) Her uncle Antony.
2. How does Clarissa's maid Betty treat her?
(a) Betty fears Clarissa.
(b) Betty treats Clarissa rudely.
(c) Betty worships Clarissa.
(d) Betty tries to help Clarissa escape.
3. What does James plan to do with Clarissa if he "rescues" her?
(a) Have Clarissa arrested and sent to jail for prostitution.
(b) Send Clarissa to a convent.
(c) Send Clarissa to a madhouse.
(d) Send Clarissa to his estate in Scotland.
4. Who does Mrs. Howe blame for her own refusal of Uncle Antony's marriage proposal?
(a) Miss Howe.
(b) Mr. Hickman.
(c) Uncle Harlowe.
5. What two reasons does Clarissa give for not visiting Lovelace's aunt, Lady Betty Lawrence?
(a) Clarissa has no clothes, and Lady Betty has not invited her.
(b) Clarissa has no clothes, and Lady Betty warned her not to come.
(c) Clarissa is ill, and Lady Betty is boring.
(d) Clarissa is rich, but Lady Betty is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lovelace think that Lord M dying might help him get Clarissa to marry him?
2. Why does Clarissa decide London might be an acceptable place to stay?
3. Why does Dorcas refuse to answer any more questions after telling the mysterious servant that Lovelace and Clarissa are married?
4. What does Mr. Belton learn that his mistress did to him?
5. When Clarissa threatens to commit suicide in the dining room, what weapon does she have with her?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)