|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 342-350 dated July 20th through July 22nd | Letters 351-369 dated July 20th through July 27th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord M want Lovelace to have children with Clarissa?
(a) Because Lord M loves kids.
(b) So that Lovelace will have legitimate heirs.
(c) Because Lord M knows that Clarissa loves kids.
(d) Because Lord M thinks fatherhood will help Lovelace stop drinking so much.
2. What activity does the apothecary recommend Clarissa do less of to improve her health?
(a) Laying around.
(d) Taking opium.
3. Who does Mrs. Howe blame for her own refusal of Uncle Antony's marriage proposal?
(a) Miss Howe.
(b) Uncle Harlowe.
(c) Mr. Hickman.
4. At the end of this section (letters 56-74), who is Clarissa pinning her hopes on?
(a) Her brother James.
(b) Her uncle Antony.
(c) Her aunt Hervey.
(d) Colonel Morden.
5. On whose birthday does Lovelace tentatively plan a wedding?
(a) The Widow SInclair's.
(b) His own.
(c) Uncle Harlowe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lovelace talks to Hickman, he says Clarissa lets someone else court her. Who?
2. What does Miss Howe learn is the truth about Lovelace and Rosebud?
3. What does James plan to do with Clarissa if he "rescues" her?
4. When Clarissa visits Lovelace's bedroom in her nightgown, what does she ask him?
5. Why does Dorcas refuse to answer any more questions after telling the mysterious servant that Lovelace and Clarissa are married?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)