|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 342-350 dated July 20th through July 22nd | Letters 351-369 dated July 20th through July 27th.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James plan to do with Clarissa if he "rescues" her?
(a) Have Clarissa arrested and sent to jail for prostitution.
(b) Send Clarissa to a madhouse.
(c) Send Clarissa to his estate in Scotland.
(d) Send Clarissa to a convent.
2. Why does Clarissa decide London might be an acceptable place to stay?
(a) She hopes to escape and join some travelling actors.
(b) She knows she can catch a plane to America at Heathrow.
(c) She thinks it will be easier to get married in London.
(d) She thinks Lovelace might be more likely to leave her alone in London.
3. What drug does Lovelace blame for Clarissa's apparent madness after he ravishes her?
4. What advice does Mrs. Howe send to Clarissa?
(a) To change her hairstyle.
(b) To marry Lovelace.
(c) To obey her parents and marry Solmes.
(d) To come and stay with Miss Howe until the whole thing blows over.
5. On whose birthday does Lovelace tentatively plan a wedding?
(a) The Widow SInclair's.
(c) Uncle Harlowe's.
(d) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Belford criticizes Clarissa's family for its stubbornness, how does Clarissa respond?
2. What kind of place does Lovelace trick Clarissa into choosing for her lodging in London?
3. Why does Dorcas refuse to answer any more questions after telling the mysterious servant that Lovelace and Clarissa are married?
4. What reason does Clarissa's doctor give for saying she does not have to pay him?
5. Why does Lovelace think that Lord M dying might help him get Clarissa to marry him?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)