|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 447-459 dated August 29th through August 31st.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being ravished, what is the main thing Clarissa wants from her family?
(a) She wants her jewelry.
(b) She wants her mother to take her to the hospital.
(c) She wants her father to renounce his curse against her.
(d) She wants her parents to pay for a lawyer to take Lovelace to court.
2. When Miss Howe says she is going to write to Clarissa even though her mother does not allow her to, what does Clarissa tell her?
(a) Clarissa tells Miss Howe she never really liked her anyway.
(b) Clarissa is glad Miss Howe will still write to her.
(c) Clarissa tells Miss Howe not to write, but that Mr. Hickman can write.
(d) Clarissa tells Miss Howe to come to London in person.
3. Which family member recommends to Clarissa to stop seeing Belford, in hopes that she might be able to reconcile with the rest of the family if she does?
(a) Clarissa's mother.
(c) Uncle Antony.
(d) Clarissa's father.
4. Why does Arabella say the Harlowes refuse to send Clarissa her money or jewelry?
(a) Because the family has gone bankrupt.
(b) Because they don't think it is safe to mail money and jewelry.
(c) Because they don't want the money to end up in Lovelace's hands.
(d) Because they want to see her beg in the streets.
5. After the Howes learn of Lovelace's many tricks and his use of drugs to rape Clarissa, what do they think Clarissa should do?
(a) Drug him with opium and leave him in the gutter.
(b) Go to rehab to make sure she does not get addicted.
(c) Bring legal charges against Lovelace.
(d) Marry Mr. Solmes quickly, in case Clarissa is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
2. Why does Mr. Belford disapprove of Lovelace's plan to "test" Clarissa?
3. What does Clarissa do with her coffin while she's still alive?
4. How does Clarissa escape while Lovelace is visiting Lord M?
5. With whom does Lovelace have a child?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)