|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 447-459 dated August 29th through August 31st.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Howe says she is going to write to Clarissa even though her mother does not allow her to, what does Clarissa tell her?
(a) Clarissa tells Miss Howe to come to London in person.
(b) Clarissa is glad Miss Howe will still write to her.
(c) Clarissa tells Miss Howe she never really liked her anyway.
(d) Clarissa tells Miss Howe not to write, but that Mr. Hickman can write.
2. What does Clarissa do with her coffin while she's still alive?
(a) Stares at it all the time, mumbling about how she does not want to die.
(b) Asks other people to lay in it when they want to talk to her.
(c) Uses it as a desk.
(d) Lays in it to pretend she is a vampire.
3. How does Clarissa escape while Lovelace is visiting Lord M?
(a) By disguising herself as a servant.
(b) By hiring body guards who break in to the house and escort her out.
(c) By hiding in the laundry when it is taken out.
(d) By jumping out the window.
4. Why does Arabella say the Harlowes refuse to send Clarissa her money or jewelry?
(a) Because the family has gone bankrupt.
(b) Because they don't think it is safe to mail money and jewelry.
(c) Because they want to see her beg in the streets.
(d) Because they don't want the money to end up in Lovelace's hands.
5. While on their way to Lady Betty's cousin's house, what excuse does Lovelace use for stopping at Widow Sinclair's house?
(a) He can't pass by without greeting the prostitutes.
(b) He wants to check his mail.
(c) It's hot, so he wants to stop for water.
(d) He wants to drug and rape Clarissa.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Lovelace have a child?
2. When most of Clarissa's family agrees to let Mrs. Norton go to visit Clarissa while she is dying, which member of the family holds out?
3. Which of Lovelace's friends is pleased to learn of Clarissa's escape?
4. After the Howes learn of Lovelace's many tricks and his use of drugs to rape Clarissa, what do they think Clarissa should do?
5. Which family member recommends to Clarissa to stop seeing Belford, in hopes that she might be able to reconcile with the rest of the family if she does?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)