|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 447-459 dated August 29th through August 31st.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Lovelace have a child?
(a) Miss Betterton.
(b) Aunt Hervey.
(d) Miss Howe.
2. Who offers to adopt Clarissa as his own daughter?
(a) Colonel Morden.
(c) Lord M.
(d) Mr. Hickman.
3. After Lovelace's party, what request does Clarissa get from Miss Partington?
(a) To send Miss Partington a lock of Clarissa's hair.
(b) To be best friends forever.
(c) To share Clarissa's bed for the night.
(d) To write Miss Partington a letter explaining why Clarissa won't marry Lovelace.
4. What is Clarissa's coffin like?
(a) Completely transparent (made out of glass).
(b) Very fancy and beautiful.
(c) Very ugly.
(d) Very plain.
5. While on their way to Lady Betty's cousin's house, what excuse does Lovelace use for stopping at Widow Sinclair's house?
(a) It's hot, so he wants to stop for water.
(b) He wants to check his mail.
(c) He wants to drug and rape Clarissa.
(d) He can't pass by without greeting the prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member recommends to Clarissa to stop seeing Belford, in hopes that she might be able to reconcile with the rest of the family if she does?
2. What errand does Miss Howe have in London, which means she will be able to visit Clarissa?
3. Which of Lovelace's friends is pleased to learn of Clarissa's escape?
4. How does Clarissa learn that the "Lady Betty" she first saw in London was an impostor?
5. When most of Clarissa's family agrees to let Mrs. Norton go to visit Clarissa while she is dying, which member of the family holds out?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)