|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
2. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
3. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
4. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
5. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a protagonist? What makes Jonathan the protagonist of this story? Cite details from the story to support responses.
Essay Topic 2
What do faith, miracles, and God have to do with the development of Jonathan's character and the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how this story deals with the presence of an unstable government and how this affects the people in the story.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)