|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
2. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
3. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
4. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
5. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
Essay Topic 1
Achebe presents several themes in this story. How does the Iwegbu family embody each of these specific themes: survival, family cohesiveness, and resourcefulness?
Essay Topic 2
What is a protagonist? What makes Jonathan the protagonist of this story? Cite details from the story to support responses.
Essay Topic 3
What do faith, miracles, and God have to do with the development of Jonathan's character and the story?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)