|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
2. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
3. Who was violently awakened?
4. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
5. After the second knock, who asked a question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes this story realistic fiction? Be sure to define realistic fiction and then use story details to demonstrate how Civil Peace is realistic fiction.
Essay Topic 2
What do faith, miracles, and God have to do with the development of Jonathan's character and the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how this story deals with the presence of an unstable government and how this affects the people in the story.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)