|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
2. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
3. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
4. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
5. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
Essay Topic 1
Of all of Jonathan's entrepreneurial pursuits which one do you feel was the most resourceful and successful? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Based on the exchange of Biafran and Nigerian pounds in the story, discuss how the civil war affected both currencies and how this affected Jonathan and the other civil war survivors.
Essay Topic 3
How do the words and character actions in the last two paragraphs of this story embody the overall theme of survival of not just Jonathan and his family, but his neighbors?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)