|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
2. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
3. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
4. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
5. Who yells, "shut up?"
Short Essay Questions
1. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
2. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
3. Who is awake with Jonathan?
4. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
5. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
6. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
7. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
8. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
9. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
10. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several one-dimensional characters are used in Civil Peace: man whose money is stolen, thief leader and his men, the neighbors, the Iwegbu kids. Which ones had the most significant impact on Jonathan? On the story? Support with story details.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how this story deals with the presence of an unstable government and how this affects the people in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Who brings up the term "civil peace" in the story? What does this mean to that character? What does this mean to Jonathan? to the story?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)