|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
2. Where did Jonathan collect to repair his house?
3. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
4. Who used Jonathan's taxi service?
5. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
2. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
3. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
4. How does Jonathan acquire building materials?
5. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
6. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
7. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
8. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
9. What is "egg-rasher?"
10. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "egg-rasher?" What does it signify to those receiving it? to Jonathan? to the government issuing it?
Essay Topic 2
What do faith, miracles, and God have to do with the development of Jonathan's character and the story?
Essay Topic 3
Several one-dimensional characters are used in Civil Peace: man whose money is stolen, thief leader and his men, the neighbors, the Iwegbu kids. Which ones had the most significant impact on Jonathan? On the story? Support with story details.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)