|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had made a small fortune after a fortnight?
2. After a fortnight how much money did Jonathan have from his taxi service?
3. What amount was taken from the amn?
4. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
5. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
2. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
3. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
4. What does Jonathan's home mean to him and his family?
5. What is "egg-rasher?"
6. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
7. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
8. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
9. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
10. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "egg-rasher?" What does it signify to those receiving it? to Jonathan? to the government issuing it?
Essay Topic 2
What do faith, miracles, and God have to do with the development of Jonathan's character and the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is a protagonist? What makes Jonathan the protagonist of this story? Cite details from the story to support responses.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)