|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do survivors say as a greeting when they meet other survivors for the first time after the war is over?
2. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
3. During the war, who requested Jonathan's bicycle for "urgent" action?
4. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
5. What does Jonathan consider a bonus from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
2. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
3. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
4. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
5. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
6. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
7. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
8. How does Jonathan acquire building materials?
9. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
10. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do faith, miracles, and God have to do with the development of Jonathan's character and the story?
Essay Topic 2
Jonathan sees his ex-miner co-workers outside the closed Coal Corporation offices and feels he has yet another miracle. What is the miracle and why does he feel it is a miracle?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how this story deals with the presence of an unstable government and how this affects the people in the story.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)