|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Iwegbu family house was missing all its doors and ____.
2. After the war, how many bicycles does Jonathan's family have?
3. Where was the bicycle for a year?
4. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
5. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jonathan bribe the soldier at his door?
2. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
3. What does Jonathan's home mean to him and his family?
4. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
5. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
6. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
7. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
8. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
9. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
10. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how this story deals with the presence of an unstable government and how this affects the people in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Jonathan really appreciates the usefulness of his bicycle. How is this appreciation shown through out the story? Cite story details to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the exchange of Biafran and Nigerian pounds in the story, discuss how the civil war affected both currencies and how this affected Jonathan and the other civil war survivors.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)