|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maria and the children feel when they moved back into the family house?
2. How long is a fortnight?
3. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
4. Who used Jonathan's taxi service?
5. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
2. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
3. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
4. Why does Jonathan give his neighbors a speech instead of ignoring them or telling them to go away?
5. How does Jonathan make money with his new service in paragraph 3?
6. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
7. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
8. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
9. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
10. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jonathan sees his ex-miner co-workers outside the closed Coal Corporation offices and feels he has yet another miracle. What is the miracle and why does he feel it is a miracle?
Essay Topic 2
Maria is Jonathan's wife. How would the story be affected if Maria's character were not in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Jonathan kept his money in the house in a strong box. How does this help the thief? How does this help Jonathan and his family? If the money had been in a bank, how would this have affected the story?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)