|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
2. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
3. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
4. To whom were the akara balls sold.
5. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
2. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
3. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
4. What is "egg-rasher?"
5. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
6. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
7. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
8. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
9. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
10. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how this story deals with the presence of an unstable government and how this affects the people in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Who brings up the term "civil peace" in the story? What does this mean to that character? What does this mean to Jonathan? to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Jonathan's greatest miracle is his family's survival of the civil war. He holds them most dear, above even his buried bicycle and his still standing home. How does his behavior during the conflict with the thieves and immediately after the conflict support or reinforce his high value of his family.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)