|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the bicycle for a year?
2. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
3. During the war, who requested Jonathan's bicycle for "urgent" action?
4. After a fortnight how much money did Jonathan have from his taxi service?
5. What did Jonathan turn in to be able to get this award payment.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jonathan make money with his new service in paragraph 3?
2. How does Jonathan acquire building materials?
3. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
4. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
5. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
6. What has happened to Jonathan's town because of the civil war?
7. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
8. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
9. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
10. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Achebe fictionalized what happened in civil war torn Nigeria after the late 1960s. He has posited that it is the African writer's duty to accurately tell the stories of his people. How is this belief reflected in Civil Peace?
Essay Topic 2
Of all of Jonathan's entrepreneurial pursuits which one do you feel was the most resourceful and successful? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how this story deals with the presence of an unstable government and how this affects the people in the story.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)