Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of civil war did Jonathan and his family survive?
2. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
3. What mismatched item was the person demanding the bicycle wearing?
4. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
5. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
2. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
3. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
4. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
5. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
6. How does Jonathan's speech more exhibit civil peace than the thief leader's idea of civil peace?
7. Where did the money that Jonathan used to bribe the soldier come from?
8. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
9. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
10. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
What makes this story realistic fiction? Be sure to define realistic fiction and then use story details to demonstrate how Civil Peace is realistic fiction.
Discuss the symbolism of the Iwegbu home in Enugu, the Coal Corporation office, and the bicycle.
Jonathan really appreciates the usefulness of his bicycle. How is this appreciation shown through out the story? Cite story details to support your responses.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)