|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many taxi trips did Jonathan make in a fortnight?
2. What did Jonathan turn in to be able to get this award payment.
3. This survivor's greeting is given in the first days of ______ after the war.
4. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
5. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
2. What doesJonathan find miraculous upon his return to Enugu?
3. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
4. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
5. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
6. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
7. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
8. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
9. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
10. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes this story realistic fiction? Be sure to define realistic fiction and then use story details to demonstrate how Civil Peace is realistic fiction.
Essay Topic 2
Several one-dimensional characters are used in Civil Peace: man whose money is stolen, thief leader and his men, the neighbors, the Iwegbu kids. Which ones had the most significant impact on Jonathan? On the story? Support with story details.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the exchange of Biafran and Nigerian pounds in the story, discuss how the civil war affected both currencies and how this affected Jonathan and the other civil war survivors.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)