|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was sweating over an open fire?
(b) The carpenter.
(d) The eldest son.
2. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The carpenter.
(b) The thief leader.
(c) The man whose payment was stolen.
(d) His wife.
3. The thief finally tells Jonathan to bring the money "____!"
4. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Shoot everyone inside.
(b) Let hsi men have Maria.
(c) Come inside and hurt the family.
(d) Break down the door.
5. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) Their house guest.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The chidlren.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
2. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
3. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
4. How much money does the thief leader demand?
5. What is boiling over the open fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
2. Who is awake with Jonathan?
3. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
4. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
5. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
6. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
7. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
8. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
9. What does Jonathan offer the thief and how does the thief leader and his men respond?
10. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)