|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
(a) Raised an alarm cry for help.
(b) Stopped fighting.
(c) Stopped banging on the sides of the house.
2. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
3. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) The neighbor.
(c) Their house guest.
(d) The chidlren.
4. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) First light.
(b) Lunch time.
(c) That evening.
5. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(a) With you.
(d) About this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sweating over an open fire?
2. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
3. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
4. Who was violently awakened?
5. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
Short Essay Questions
1. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
2. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
3. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
4. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
5. What does Jonathan realize as he prepares to negotiate with the leader thief?
6. Who is at the door and what do they want?
7. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
8. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
9. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
10. Who is awake with Jonathan?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)