|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(b) First light.
(c) That evening.
(d) Lunch time.
2. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(b) Windows rattling.
3. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
4. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(a) The eldest child.
(c) The youngest child.
5. Who yells, "shut up?"
(b) Thief leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
2. What goes in the old bottles?
3. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
4. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
5. How much money does the thief leader demand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan offer the thief and how does the thief leader and his men respond?
2. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
3. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
4. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
5. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
6. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
7. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
8. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
9. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
10. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)