|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(b) About this.
(d) With you.
2. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
(a) 25 shillings.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 100 shillings.
(d) 50 pounds.
3. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
4. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
5. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(a) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
2. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
3. What is cooking on the open fire?
4. Who weeps aloud?
5. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan realize as he prepares to negotiate with the leader thief?
2. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
3. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
4. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
5. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
6. Who is awake with Jonathan?
7. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
8. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
9. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
10. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)