|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(b) 20 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
2. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) The hostage from the village.
(b) His men.
3. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(b) A response from the police.
(c) A response from the neighbors.
(d) Total silence.
4. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
(b) Palm wine.
(d) Cooking oil.
5. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
(c) Three times.
(d) Several times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
2. What goes in the old bottles?
3. The neighbors have to "____" with Jonathan and his family.
4. Who yells, "shut up?"
5. Who was sweating over an open fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
2. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
3. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
4. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
5. What does Jonathan realize as he prepares to negotiate with the leader thief?
6. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
7. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
8. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
9. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
10. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)