|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) The neighbor.
(b) Their house guest.
(d) The chidlren.
2. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Shillings from bar.
(b) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(c) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
(d) Pennies from mangoes.
3. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
(a) In his bed.
(b) On his couch.
(c) Pn the porch.
(d) On the floor.
4. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
5. What goes in the old bottles?
(d) Palm wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
2. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
3. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
4. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
5. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
2. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
3. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
4. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
5. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
6. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
7. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
8. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
9. How does Achebe show possible military corruption in the story when the thief is offering to call for help on behalf of the Iwegbu family?
10. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)