|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
(a) Slide out.
(d) Toss out.
2. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(b) A desert.
3. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(b) The youngest child.
(c) The eldest child.
4. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
5. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Try to open the door.
(b) Push at the door.
(c) Try to open a window.
(d) Knock heavier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
2. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
3. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
4. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
5. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
2. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
3. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
4. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
5. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
6. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
7. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
8. Who is at the door and what do they want?
9. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
10. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)