|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(b) 20 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
2. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Come inside and hurt the family.
(b) Break down the door.
(c) Let hsi men have Maria.
(d) Shoot everyone inside.
3. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Push at the door.
(b) Try to open a window.
(c) Try to open the door.
(d) Knock heavier.
4. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(a) Total silence.
(c) A response from the neighbors.
(d) A response from the police.
5. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(b) Gun fire.
(c) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
2. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
3. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
4. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
5. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
2. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
3. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
4. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
5. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
6. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
7. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
8. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
9. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
10. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)