|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(a) The youngest child.
(d) The eldest child.
2. Who was violently awakened?
(a) The carpenter.
(c) The soldier.
3. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
(b) Find someone else.
(d) Have mercy.
4. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
(a) Small bowl.
(b) Metal bowl.
(c) Clay bowl.
5. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(a) The children.
(c) Maria and their eldest son.
(d) His eldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. The neighbors have to "____" with Jonathan and his family.
2. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
3. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
4. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
5. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
2. Who is at the door and what do they want?
3. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
4. What does Jonathan offer the thief and how does the thief leader and his men respond?
5. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
6. What does Jonathan realize as he prepares to negotiate with the leader thief?
7. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
8. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
9. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
10. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)