|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
(a) He repeats his question.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He bangs on the door harder.
2. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
3. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(c) His men.
(d) The hostage from the village.
4. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
5. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(c) Pick someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
2. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
3. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
4. Who was violently awakened?
5. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
2. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
3. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
4. Who is at the door and what do they want?
5. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
6. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
7. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
8. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
9. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
10. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)