|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
2. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(a) The eldest son.
(b) The children.
3. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) The chidlren.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Their house guest.
4. What is cooking on the open fire?
(c) Akara Balls.
5. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(a) Become violent.
(b) Go inside.
(d) Kill the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who weeps aloud?
2. After this demand what does the thief do?
3. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
4. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
5. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
2. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
3. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
4. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
5. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
6. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
7. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
8. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
9. Who is at the door and what do they want?
10. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)