|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
2. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
3. Who was sweating over an open fire?
(a) The carpenter.
(b) The eldest son.
4. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
5. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In his bed.
(c) Pn the porch.
(d) On his couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who weeps aloud?
2. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
3. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
4. The neighbors have to "____" with Jonathan and his family.
5. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
2. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
3. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
4. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
5. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
6. Why does Jonathan refuse the leader thief's mocking offer?
7. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
8. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
9. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
10. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)