|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
(a) Three times.
(b) Several times.
2. After the cry of alarm was over, what did the thief offer to do?
(c) Be nice.
(d) Nothing, he laughed.
3. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
(a) 25 shillings.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 100 shillings.
(d) 20 pounds.
4. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) First light.
(b) That evening.
(c) Lunch time.
5. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
2. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
3. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
4. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
5. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
2. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
3. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
4. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
5. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
6. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
7. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
8. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
9. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
10. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)