|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
2. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
(a) Small bowl.
(b) Clay bowl.
(c) Metal bowl.
3. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "Happy survivors."
(b) "My brothers."
(c) "My comrades."
(d) "My friends."
4. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The vase by the door.
(b) The knocker on the door.
(c) The door.
(d) The flower pot by the door.
5. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 25 shillings.
(c) 100 shillings.
(d) 20 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is boiling over the open fire?
2. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
3. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
4. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
5. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
2. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
3. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
4. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
5. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
6. What does Jonathan realize as he prepares to negotiate with the leader thief?
7. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
8. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
9. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
10. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)