|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
2. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The carpenter.
(b) The thief leader.
(c) His wife.
(d) The man whose payment was stolen.
3. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(b) A desert.
4. Who yells, "shut up?"
(d) Thief leader.
5. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) The chidlren.
(b) Their house guest.
(d) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
2. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
3. Now that the war is over, according to the thief leader, this is a time for ____ peace.
4. How much money does the thief leader demand?
5. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
2. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
3. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
4. What happens once the Iwegbu family knows who is at their door?
5. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
6. How does Achebe show possible military corruption in the story when the thief is offering to call for help on behalf of the Iwegbu family?
7. What does Jonathan offer the thief and how does the thief leader and his men respond?
8. What does the thief think civil peace is?
9. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
10. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)