|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
2. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The thief leader.
(b) The carpenter.
(c) His wife.
(d) The man whose payment was stolen.
3. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
4. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
5. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(b) The youngest child.
(c) The eldest child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was violently awakened?
2. After the cry of alarm was over, what did the thief offer to do?
3. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
4. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
5. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan realize as he prepares to negotiate with the leader thief?
2. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
3. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
4. Who is awake with Jonathan?
5. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
6. What does the thief think civil peace is?
7. What does Jonathan offer the thief and how does the thief leader and his men respond?
8. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
9. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
10. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)