|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "Happy survivors."
(b) "My comrades."
(c) "My brothers."
(d) "My friends."
2. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
(a) Four gallons.
(b) Five gallons.
(c) Two liters.
(d) Three liters.
3. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
4. The thief finally tells Jonathan to bring the money "____!"
5. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the thief leader demand?
2. Who yells, "shut up?"
3. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
4. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
5. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
2. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
3. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
4. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
5. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
6. How does Achebe show possible military corruption in the story when the thief is offering to call for help on behalf of the Iwegbu family?
7. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
8. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
9. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
10. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)