|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) Their house guest.
(b) The chidlren.
(c) The neighbor.
2. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(b) His eldest son.
(c) The children.
(d) Maria and their eldest son.
3. Who was violently awakened?
(c) The soldier.
(d) The carpenter.
4. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(d) Windows rattling.
5. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
2. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
3. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
4. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
5. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
2. What does Jonathan offer the thief and how does the thief leader and his men respond?
3. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
4. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
5. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
6. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
7. Why is the family even more frightened after the thieves call for help?
8. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
9. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
10. Who is at the door and what do they want?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)