|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
2. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
3. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
4. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(b) Total silence.
(c) A response from the neighbors.
(d) A response from the police.
5. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Their house guest.
(d) The chidlren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
2. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
3. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
4. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
5. Who was violently awakened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
2. What does the thief think civil peace is?
3. Who is awake with Jonathan?
4. After calling for the police, how does the thief continue to mock Jonathan?
5. After going to bed, what happens before Jonathan is suddenly awakened?
6. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
7. How does the thief's concept of civil peace affect the Iwegbu family?
8. Who is at the door and what do they want?
9. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
10. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)