|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
2. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
3. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(a) Neighbors arguing.
(d) Neighborhood noises.
4. Who yells, "shut up?"
(a) Thief leader.
5. What did the night watchman knock on to mark the hour?
Short Answer Questions
1. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
2. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
3. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
4. Who weeps aloud?
5. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you know about what time it is when Jonathan falls asleep?
2. What does Jonathan do or say to convince the thief he does not have the amount of the requested ransom?
3. How does Achebe show possible military corruption in the story when the thief is offering to call for help on behalf of the Iwegbu family?
4. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
5. Who comes to Jonathan's home at first light and what do they see?
6. What does Jonathan realize as he prepares to negotiate with the leader thief?
7. Who do the thieves call to help the family?
8. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
9. What does the thief think civil peace is?
10. How does the leader of the theives exercise his authority with his men?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)