|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jonathan buy palm wine?
(a) Nearby villages.
(b) Local market.
(c) Boats at harbor.
(d) Neighborhhod bar.
2. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
(a) The butcher shop.
(b) His church.
(c) His house.
(d) The school.
3. What did Jonathan mix with his palm wine?
4. To whom were the mangoes sold?
(a) Camp officials.
(d) Soldiers' wives.
5. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The beginning of peace.
(b) The survivor's greeting.
(c) The reason for the war.
(d) The end of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is a fortnight?
2. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
3. Where did Jonathan put his money as soon as his hand closed around it?
4. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
5. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
2. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
3. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
4. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
5. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
6. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
7. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
8. What has happened to Jonathan's town because of the civil war?
9. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
10. What is the general atmosphere after the war?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)