|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(b) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(c) It was not explained in the story.
(d) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
2. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
3. Where did Jonathan go after he had his award payment?
(a) The camp.
(b) The bar.
(c) The village.
4. What condition were the clothes of the person requesting Jonathan's bicycle?
(a) Overly large.
(c) In rags.
(d) Too tight.
5. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money in Biafran pounds was paid to the carpenter for the repairs?
2. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
3. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
4. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
5. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
2. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
3. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
4. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
5. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
6. Why did Jonathan bribe the soldier at his door?
7. What is "egg-rasher?"
8. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
9. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
10. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)