|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy firewood.
(c) To pay taxes.
(d) To buy another bicycle.
2. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
(a) Ex-gratia award.
(b) Voucher award.
(c) Benefit payment.
(d) Survivor award.
3. What is Jonathan's wife's name?
4. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 15 pounds.
5. Where did Jonathan go daily to see "what was what?"
(a) The local bar.
(b) The village meeting spot.
(c) The Coal Corporation offices.
(d) The Treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Jonathan's children died before the war ended?
2. What did Jonathan mix with his palm wine?
3. How much money in Biafran pounds was paid to the carpenter for the repairs?
4. What condition were the clothes of the person requesting Jonathan's bicycle?
5. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
2. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
3. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
4. What has happened to Jonathan's town because of the civil war?
5. How does Jonathan acquire building materials?
6. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
7. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
8. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
9. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
10. Where did the money that Jonathan used to bribe the soldier come from?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)