|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jonathan wait in line?
(a) Outisde the camp tent.
(b) At the main gate.
(c) In the government building.
(d) Outside the Treasury.
2. How many years of civil war did Jonathan and his family survive?
3. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
(c) Close his eyes.
(d) Rub his eyes.
4. How did Maria and the children feel when they moved back into the family house?
5. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Basket of bread.
(b) Two handmade blankets.
(c) Five shillings.
(d) Two pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jonathan's occupation before the civil war?
2. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
3. What distance did Jonathan taxi?
4. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
5. After getting the bicycle back, what did Jonathan do with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jonathan acquire building materials?
2. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
3. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
4. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
5. What is the general atmosphere after the war?
6. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
7. What is "egg-rasher?"
8. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
9. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
10. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)