Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of civil war did Jonathan and his family survive?
2. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
(b) A knife tip.
(c) A pound note.
3. What mismatched item was the person demanding the bicycle wearing?
(c) Pants and Shirt.
4. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
(a) His church.
(b) The butcher shop.
(c) His house.
(d) The school.
5. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
(a) His house.
(b) The church.
(c) A concrete edifice.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
2. What condition were the clothes of the person requesting Jonathan's bicycle?
3. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
4. Why did Jonathan doubt the person requesting to use his bicycle?
5. What does Jonathan consider a bonus from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
2. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
3. Why do the men with the thief leader disagree with him?
4. Why is the Iwegbu family already in a normal routine instead of lamenting their loss?
5. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
6. How does Jonathan's speech more exhibit civil peace than the thief leader's idea of civil peace?
7. Where did the money that Jonathan used to bribe the soldier come from?
8. How does the thieves' leader describe his and his men's intentions?
9. What causes Jonathan to wake so suddenly?
10. What is significant about Jonathan's eldest being up and about at first light?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)