|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this lead character's last name?
2. How many taxi trips did Jonathan make in a fortnight?
(a) About 19.
(b) About 12.
3. What distance did Jonathan taxi?
(a) Three kilometers.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Seven kilometers.
4. What is Jonathan's wife's name?
5. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) A borrowed wagon.
(c) A car.
(d) A horse drawn carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jonathan collect what he needed to repair his house?
2. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
3. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
4. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
5. How did people feel about paying Jonathan the fare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
2. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
3. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
4. What doesJonathan find miraculous upon his return to Enugu?
5. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
6. What does Jonathan's home mean to him and his family?
7. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
8. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
9. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
10. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)