|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
2. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
(a) The youngest son.
(c) The oldest son.
3. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
4. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
(a) He does.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) His neighbor.
5. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The reason for the war.
(b) The survivor's greeting.
(c) The beginning of peace.
(d) The end of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
2. What in no way compares to the safety of Jonathan's family?
3. What mismatched item was the person demanding the bicycle wearing?
4. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
5. If Jonathan had only made one taxi trip daily for a fortnight how much would he have made with his taxi service in this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
2. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
3. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
4. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
5. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
6. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
7. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
8. How does Jonathan make money with his new service in paragraph 3?
9. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
10. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)