|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
(a) The school.
(b) A concrete edifice.
(c) The church.
(d) His house.
2. Who hired a carpenter?
(a) The contractor.
(d) The village.
3. How many children did Jonathan have before the war?
4. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
(a) Breakfast foods.
(c) Homemade blankets.
5. How long is a fortnight?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 21 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) 10 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
2. How may people did Jonathan give taxi rides for?
3. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
4. The tools used to repair the Iwegbu house were a blunt plan, a hammer and bent ___ nails.
5. How many taxi trips did Jonathan make in a fortnight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
2. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
3. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
4. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
5. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
6. What is the general atmosphere after the war?
7. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
8. Where did the money that Jonathan used to bribe the soldier come from?
9. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
10. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)