|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened a year before Jonathan got his bicycle back?
(a) The bicycle was taken.
(b) Biafra won the civil war.
(c) Biafra surrended to Nigeria.
(d) The civil war began.
2. Where did Jonathan collect what he needed to repair his house?
(a) Debris in neghborhood.
(b) The camp.
(d) The trash.
3. Where did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(a) From his bicycle.
(b) From his bar.
(c) From his market booth.
(d) Through local shop.
4. Who had built what had now become a "mountain of rubble?
(a) The Biafran government.
(b) His employer.
(c) A wealthy contractor.
(d) The Nigerian government.
5. Where did Jonathan go daily to see "what was what?"
(a) The local bar.
(b) The village meeting spot.
(c) The Coal Corporation offices.
(d) The Treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
2. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
3. How may people did Jonathan give taxi rides for?
4. What was Jonathan's house made of?
5. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
2. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
3. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
4. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
5. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
6. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
7. What does Jonathan's home mean to him and his family?
8. What could Jonathan's home and the destroyed concrete edifice symbolize about how the civil war impacted Nigeria and Biafra?
9. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
10. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)