|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
(a) Transporting food.
(b) Pulling firewood.
(c) Selling palm wine.
(d) Ferrying people.
2. During the war, who requested Jonathan's bicycle for "urgent" action?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) His son.
(d) A man in military uniform.
3. Where did Jonathan travel to in Paragraph 4?
4. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
(a) No one.
(c) Nigerian president.
(d) His wife.
5. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the way, how many Biafra pounds would it have taken to purchase a load of firewood?
2. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
3. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
4. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
5. Where did Jonathan wait in line?
Short Essay Questions
1. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
2. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
3. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
4. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
5. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
6. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
7. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
8. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
9. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
10. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)