|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
(a) Voucher award.
(b) Survivor award.
(c) Ex-gratia award.
(d) Benefit payment.
2. What amount was taken from the amn?
(a) 30 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
3. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) It was not explained in the story.
(b) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(c) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(d) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
4. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
5. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
(a) The Iwegbu youngest son.
(b) The civil war.
(c) The Iwegbu home.
(d) Jonathan's bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, how many bicycles does Jonathan's family have?
2. What is this lead character's last name?
3. After a fortnight how much money did Jonathan have from his taxi service?
4. What in no way compares to the safety of Jonathan's family?
5. Where did Jonathan go after he had his award payment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
2. Where did the money that Jonathan used to bribe the soldier come from?
3. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
4. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
5. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
6. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
7. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
8. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
9. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
10. How does Jonathan make money with his new service in paragraph 3?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)