|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(a) From his bar.
(b) Through local shop.
(c) From his market booth.
(d) From his bicycle.
2. What character does the story lead with?
(a) A thief.
(c) A carpenter.
3. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
(b) A knife tip.
(d) A pound note.
4. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
(a) To buy another bicycle.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To buy firewood.
(d) To pay taxes.
5. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
(a) The school.
(b) A concrete edifice.
(c) His house.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. After getting the bicycle back, what did Jonathan do with it?
2. What is Jonathan's wife's name?
3. What is this lead character's last name?
4. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
5. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jonathan make money with his new service in paragraph 3?
2. What could Jonathan's home and the destroyed concrete edifice symbolize about how the civil war impacted Nigeria and Biafra?
3. What is "egg-rasher?"
4. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
5. What doesJonathan find miraculous upon his return to Enugu?
6. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
7. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
8. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
9. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
10. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)