|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had made a small fortune after a fortnight?
(a) The eldest son.
(d) The carpenter.
2. What is this lead character's last name?
3. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
(c) Breakfast foods.
(d) Homemade blankets.
4. Where did Jonathan travel to in Paragraph 4?
5. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
2. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
3. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
4. What did the people call the award or payment?
5. What did Jonathan charge per taxi trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
2. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
3. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
4. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
5. What does Jonathan's home mean to him and his family?
6. Why did Jonathan bribe the soldier at his door?
7. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
8. In Paragraph 2, how did Maria get extra food for the family?
9. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
10. What doesJonathan find miraculous upon his return to Enugu?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)