|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
(b) The youngest son.
(c) The oldest son.
2. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
3. Where did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(a) Through local shop.
(b) From his bicycle.
(c) From his bar.
(d) From his market booth.
4. What does Jonathan consider a bonus from the war?
(a) His kids.
(b) His friends.
(c) His wife.
(d) His old bicycle.
5. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
2. What happened a year before Jonathan got his bicycle back?
3. Jonathan's neighborhood town is called ___ Overside.
4. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
5. What were the mangoes sold for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
2. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
3. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
4. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
5. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
6. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
7. How does the Iwegbu family behavior show their ability to adapt and survive?
8. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
9. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
10. How do the Iwegbu family make money after moving back home?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)