|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many inestimable blessings does Jonathan come out of the war with?
2. What was Jonathan's house made of?
(b) Mud bricks.
(c) Sheet metal.
3. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
(a) Nigerian president.
(b) His wife.
(d) No one.
4. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
5. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
(b) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(c) It was not explained in the story.
(d) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
2. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
3. Who had built what had now become a "mountain of rubble?
4. How did Maria and the children feel when they moved back into the family house?
5. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
2. What is "egg-rasher?"
3. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
4. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
5. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
6. What has Jonathan survived and how does he feel about it?
7. Why did Jonathan bribe the soldier at his door?
8. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
9. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
10. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)