|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
(a) The butcher shop.
(b) The school.
(c) His church.
(d) His house.
2. How may people did Jonathan give taxi rides for?
3. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
(a) A borrowed wagon.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) A horse drawn carriage.
(d) A car.
4. Who hired a carpenter?
(b) The village.
(c) The contractor.
5. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
(a) More meat.
(c) Corn meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jonathan's occupation before the civil war?
2. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
3. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
4. What do survivors say as a greeting when they meet other survivors for the first time after the war is over?
5. Where were the mangoes picked from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
2. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
3. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
4. What is the general atmosphere after the war?
5. Why does Jonathan again feel so lucky after visiting the closed offices of his employer?
6. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
7. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
8. How does Jonathan acquire building materials?
9. Who survives with Jonathan and what does he consider this to be?
10. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)