|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, how many bicycles does Jonathan's family have?
2. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
(a) Corn meal.
(c) More meat.
3. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy another bicycle.
(c) To buy firewood.
(d) To pay taxes.
4. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
(a) The carpenter.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) He does.
5. What did a man do a couple of days earlier when his payment was stolen?
Short Answer Questions
1. If Jonathan had only made one taxi trip daily for a fortnight how much would he have made with his taxi service in this time?
2. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
3. To whom did Jonathan sell palm wine?
4. The Iwegbu family house was missing all its doors and ____.
5. Why did Jonathan doubt the person requesting to use his bicycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
2. Why did Jonathan bribe the soldier at his door?
3. What is "egg-rasher?"
4. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
5. What does Jonathan realize after the soldier tries to commandeer his bicycle?
6. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
7. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
8. What has happened to Jonathan's town because of the civil war?
9. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
10. How does Jonathan acquire building materials?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)