|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
2. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
(b) A knife tip.
(d) A pound note.
3. What did Jonathan turn in to be able to get this award payment.
(b) Rebel money.
(c) Rebel printed propoganda.
(d) Old weapons.
4. During the war, who requested Jonathan's bicycle for "urgent" action?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A man in military uniform.
(c) A police officer.
(d) His son.
5. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Two handmade blankets.
(c) Basket of bread.
(d) Five shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
2. How long is a fortnight?
3. Where did Jonathan put his money as soon as his hand closed around it?
4. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
5. What was Jonathan's house made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
2. How does Jonathan behave after receiving his "egg-rasher?"
3. What do the thieves ask for, and what do they say they will do if they don't get it?
4. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
5. Why did Jonathan bribe the soldier at his door?
6. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
7. Why is "egg-rasher" being issued?
8. What does Jonathan's home mean to him and his family?
9. What is "egg-rasher?"
10. What is Jonathan's attitude toward his neighbors in the light of day after the robbery?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)