|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After getting the bicycle back, what did Jonathan do with it?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Give it to his son.
(d) Hide it at his neighbor's house.
2. Where did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(a) From his bicycle.
(b) From his bar.
(c) Through local shop.
(d) From his market booth.
3. What does Jonathan consider a bonus from the war?
(a) His friends.
(b) His old bicycle.
(c) His kids.
(d) His wife.
4. What were the mangoes sold for?
(a) Two shillings.
(b) A pound.
(c) A few pennies.
(d) A shilling.
5. What was Jonathan's occupation before the civil war?
(d) Taxi Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
2. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
3. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
4. How did Maria and the children feel when they moved back into the family house?
5. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
2. What is "egg-rasher?"
3. Why was Jonathan suspicious of the soldier that commanded use of his bicycle?
4. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
5. Would Jonathan be considered an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
6. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
7. What happened to a man who got his payment a few days before Jonathan received his payment?
8. What is the general atmosphere after the war?
9. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
10. Besides his thankfulness of his present survival, how does Jonathan feel about the future for him and his family?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)