|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonathan's wife's name?
2. After the war, how many bicycles does Jonathan's family have?
3. Who used Jonathan's taxi service?
(b) Camp officials.
4. What were the mangoes sold for?
(a) A pound.
(b) A few pennies.
(c) Two shillings.
(d) A shilling.
5. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
(a) A car.
(b) A horse drawn carriage.
(c) A borrowed wagon.
(d) His bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jonathan doubt the person requesting to use his bicycle?
2. What do survivors say as a greeting when they meet other survivors for the first time after the war is over?
3. What kind of house did Jonathan have?
4. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
5. To whom were the mangoes sold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Jonathan's bicycle important to him? Why or why not?
2. Describe the service Jonathan starts after digging up his bicycle, in Paragraph 3.
3. What does Jonathan do after acquiring building materials?
4. Why do the customers use Jonathan's service?
5. How did Jonathan almost lose his bicycle during the war and what did he do to keep it safe?
6. Who uses Jonathan's new service?
7. What significance is the Coal Corporation to Jonathan and others?
8. What does the greeting "happy survival" signify?
9. What is "egg-rasher?"
10. How has the value of the Biafran pound changed from Paragraph 2 to Paragraph 3?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)