|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
(a) The police.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) A captured neighbor from the village.
(d) His men.
2. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The police.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) No one they just cried out.
3. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
4. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
5. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Break down the door.
(b) Shoot everyone inside.
(c) Come inside and hurt the family.
(d) Let hsi men have Maria.
6. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The thief leader.
(b) The carpenter.
(c) His wife.
(d) The man whose payment was stolen.
7. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
8. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(b) Neighbors arguing.
(d) Neighborhood noises.
9. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Pennies from mangoes.
(b) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(c) Shillings from bar.
(d) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
10. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
11. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He bangs on the door harder.
(c) He repeats his question.
(d) He laughs.
12. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
13. What goes in the old bottles?
(d) Palm wine.
14. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(b) 100 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
15. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(b) The eldest son.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
2. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
3. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
4. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
5. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)