|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
2. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(b) Lunch time.
(c) First light.
(d) That evening.
3. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(b) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
(c) Gun fire.
4. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
5. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
6. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
7. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
(a) Slide out.
(d) Toss out.
8. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
9. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
(a) Four gallons.
(b) Five gallons.
(c) Two liters.
(d) Three liters.
10. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
11. Who weeps aloud?
(a) No one.
(b) Maria and the children.
(c) The hostage.
12. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
13. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(d) A desert.
14. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
(a) Raised an alarm cry for help.
(b) Stopped banging on the sides of the house.
(d) Stopped fighting.
15. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(a) At least a half doxen.
(c) A lot.
(d) At least five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
2. How much money does the thief leader demand?
3. After this demand what does the thief do?
4. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
5. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)