|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
2. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
3. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
4. What did the night watchman knock on to mark the hour?
5. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The vase by the door.
(b) The door.
(c) The flower pot by the door.
(d) The knocker on the door.
6. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
7. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) No one they just cried out.
(c) The police.
(d) The neighbors.
8. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
9. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(a) The children.
(d) The eldest son.
10. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(b) Total silence.
(c) A response from the police.
(d) A response from the neighbors.
11. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(c) Windows rattling.
12. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Push at the door.
(b) Try to open a window.
(c) Try to open the door.
(d) Knock heavier.
13. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(b) Shillings from bar.
(c) Pennies from mangoes.
(d) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
14. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
15. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
2. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
3. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
4. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
5. Who yells, "shut up?"
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)