|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) Pick someone else.
2. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
3. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
(a) On the floor.
(b) Pn the porch.
(c) On his couch.
(d) In his bed.
4. What is boiling over the open fire?
(b) Cooking Oil.
5. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) First light.
(b) Lunch time.
(c) That evening.
6. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(a) The children.
(d) The eldest son.
7. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
8. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(d) Windows rattling.
9. The thief finally tells Jonathan to bring the money "____!"
10. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) His wife.
(b) The carpenter.
(c) The thief leader.
(d) The man whose payment was stolen.
11. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(a) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
(d) Gun fire.
12. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
13. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
14. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(d) His children.
15. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(c) The eldest child.
(d) The youngest child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
2. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
3. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
4. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
5. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)