|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The flower pot by the door.
(b) The knocker on the door.
(c) The vase by the door.
(d) The door.
2. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(a) Total silence.
(b) A response from the neighbors.
(c) A response from the police.
3. What is cooking on the open fire?
(d) Akara Balls.
4. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(a) 100 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
5. What is boiling over the open fire?
(d) Cooking Oil.
6. Who was sweating over an open fire?
(c) The eldest son.
(d) The carpenter.
7. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(b) He does not respond.
(c) In fear.
(d) In anger.
8. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He bangs on the door harder.
(c) He repeats his question.
(d) He laughs.
9. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
10. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) His men.
(c) The police.
(d) A captured neighbor from the village.
11. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
12. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
(d) Tie up.
13. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) No one they just cried out.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The police.
(d) The soldiers.
14. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(a) About this.
(c) With you.
15. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(d) A desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells, "shut up?"
2. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
3. After this demand what does the thief do?
4. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
5. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)