|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(a) Windows rattling.
2. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(a) Neighborhood noises.
(d) Neighbors arguing.
3. What goes in the old bottles?
(b) Palm wine.
4. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(c) The eldest child.
(d) The youngest child.
5. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(a) Kill the family.
(b) Go inside.
(d) Become violent.
6. What is boiling over the open fire?
(a) Cooking Oil.
7. The neighbors have to "____" with Jonathan and his family.
8. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
9. Who was sweating over an open fire?
(a) The eldest son.
(d) The carpenter.
10. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
11. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) The chidlren.
(b) Their house guest.
(d) The neighbor.
12. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(b) Gun fire.
(c) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
13. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(b) A response from the police.
(c) A response from the neighbors.
(d) Total silence.
14. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
(a) Stopped banging on the sides of the house.
(b) Stopped fighting.
(d) Raised an alarm cry for help.
15. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
2. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
3. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
4. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
5. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)