|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was violently awakened?
(a) The soldier.
(c) The carpenter.
2. What goes in the old bottles?
(d) Palm wine.
3. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
4. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
5. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
6. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Pennies from mangoes.
(b) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(c) Shillings from bar.
(d) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
7. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
8. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Shoot everyone inside.
(b) Break down the door.
(c) Let hsi men have Maria.
(d) Come inside and hurt the family.
9. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(a) A desert.
10. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
11. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(a) His eldest son.
(b) The children.
(d) Maria and their eldest son.
12. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
(a) Three times.
(d) Several times.
13. What is cooking on the open fire?
(d) Akara Balls.
14. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(a) 20 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
15. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
(c) Toss out.
(d) Slide out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
2. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
3. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
4. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
5. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)