|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who yells, "shut up?"
(c) Thief leader.
2. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
3. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
4. Who was sweating over an open fire?
(b) The eldest son.
(d) The carpenter.
5. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(a) A desert.
6. What is boiling over the open fire?
(d) Cooking Oil.
7. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(a) Kill the family.
(c) Become violent.
(d) Go inside.
8. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(b) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
(c) Shillings from bar.
(d) Pennies from mangoes.
9. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(a) At least five.
(b) A lot.
(c) At least a half doxen.
10. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The knocker on the door.
(b) The flower pot by the door.
(c) The door.
(d) The vase by the door.
11. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) Pick someone else.
12. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
13. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
14. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
15. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(c) The hostage from the village.
(d) His men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
2. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
3. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
4. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
5. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)