Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The door.
(b) The flower pot by the door.
(c) The knocker on the door.
(d) The vase by the door.
2. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The police.
(d) No one they just cried out.
3. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
4. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(c) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
(d) Gun fire.
5. Who weeps aloud?
(b) The hostage.
(c) No one.
(d) Maria and the children.
6. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(d) Pick someone else.
7. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
(b) A soldier.
(d) One of the children.
8. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
9. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Try to open a window.
(b) Knock heavier.
(c) Try to open the door.
(d) Push at the door.
10. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
11. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(a) His children.
12. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
(a) Clay bowl.
(c) Metal bowl.
(d) Small bowl.
13. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "My brothers."
(b) "My comrades."
(c) "Happy survivors."
(d) "My friends."
14. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
(a) Five gallons.
(b) Four gallons.
(c) Two liters.
(d) Three liters.
15. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(a) Neighbors arguing.
(c) Neighborhood noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
2. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
3. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
4. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
5. How much money does the thief leader demand?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)