|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
2. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(a) About this.
(d) With you.
3. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(b) Neighborhood noises.
(d) Neighbors arguing.
4. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
5. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(c) The youngest child.
(d) The eldest child.
6. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) Pick someone else.
7. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Come inside and hurt the family.
(b) Let hsi men have Maria.
(c) Shoot everyone inside.
(d) Break down the door.
8. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
9. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) He does not respond.
(b) In anger.
(d) In fear.
10. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
11. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The carpenter.
(b) His wife.
(c) The thief leader.
(d) The man whose payment was stolen.
12. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) His men.
(d) The hostage from the village.
13. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
14. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Try to open a window.
(b) Try to open the door.
(c) Push at the door.
(d) Knock heavier.
15. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
(b) Stopped fighting.
(c) Raised an alarm cry for help.
(d) Stopped banging on the sides of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
2. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
3. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
4. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
5. What is boiling over the open fire?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)