|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
2. What is cooking on the open fire?
(d) Akara Balls.
3. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The vase by the door.
(b) The flower pot by the door.
(c) The door.
(d) The knocker on the door.
4. The neighbors have to "____" with Jonathan and his family.
5. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Push at the door.
(b) Try to open a window.
(c) Try to open the door.
(d) Knock heavier.
6. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(a) 100 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
7. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
8. What did the night watchman knock on to mark the hour?
9. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
10. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
11. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
(b) Metal bowl.
(c) Clay bowl.
(d) Small bowl.
12. What goes in the old bottles?
(c) Palm wine.
13. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
14. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(b) His men.
(c) The hostage from the village.
15. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
2. After the second knock, who asked a question?
3. Who was sweating over an open fire?
4. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
5. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)