|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was sweating over an open fire?
(b) The carpenter.
(d) The eldest son.
2. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Shoot everyone inside.
(b) Break down the door.
(c) Let hsi men have Maria.
(d) Come inside and hurt the family.
3. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
4. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
5. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
6. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
(c) Several times.
(d) Three times.
7. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
8. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
(a) Five gallons.
(b) Three liters.
(c) Two liters.
(d) Four gallons.
9. After the second knock, who asked a question?
(b) The thief.
(c) The children.
10. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
(a) Metal bowl.
(b) Clay bowl.
(c) Small bowl.
11. What goes in the old bottles?
(a) Palm wine.
12. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
13. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(a) The eldest son.
(c) The children.
14. The thief finally tells Jonathan to bring the money "____!"
15. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) The hostage from the village.
(d) His men.
Short Answer Questions
1. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
2. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
3. What is cooking on the open fire?
4. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
5. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)