|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "Happy survivors."
(b) "My brothers."
(c) "My friends."
(d) "My comrades."
2. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
3. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) His men.
(d) The hostage from the village.
4. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
(b) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(c) Pennies from mangoes.
(d) Shillings from bar.
5. What is boiling over the open fire?
(a) Cooking Oil.
6. Who weeps aloud?
(a) Maria and the children.
(c) No one.
(d) The hostage.
7. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(b) Total silence.
(c) A response from the neighbors.
(d) A response from the police.
8. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Come inside and hurt the family.
(b) Shoot everyone inside.
(c) Let hsi men have Maria.
(d) Break down the door.
9. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
10. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
11. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
12. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The man whose payment was stolen.
(b) His wife.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) The thief leader.
13. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
14. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
15. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
2. Who yells, "shut up?"
3. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
4. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
5. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)