|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(b) The chidlren.
(c) Their house guest.
(d) The neighbor.
2. Who was violently awakened?
(a) The soldier.
(c) The carpenter.
3. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(a) Neighbors arguing.
(b) Neighborhood noises.
4. What is cooking on the open fire?
(a) Akara Balls.
5. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(b) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
(d) Gun fire.
6. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
(b) Raised an alarm cry for help.
(c) Stopped fighting.
(d) Stopped banging on the sides of the house.
7. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(b) The eldest child.
(d) The youngest child.
8. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
9. What is boiling over the open fire?
(b) Cooking Oil.
10. Who yells, "shut up?"
(c) Thief leader.
11. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
12. The neighbors have to "____" with Jonathan and his family.
13. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
14. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
(a) Palm wine.
(b) Cooking oil.
15. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) In anger.
(b) In fear.
(c) He does not respond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
2. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
3. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
4. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
5. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)