|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
2. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(c) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
(d) Gun fire.
3. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Let hsi men have Maria.
(b) Break down the door.
(c) Come inside and hurt the family.
(d) Shoot everyone inside.
4. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Try to open a window.
(b) Push at the door.
(c) Try to open the door.
(d) Knock heavier.
5. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(b) The eldest son.
(c) The children.
6. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
7. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
8. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
9. The thief finally tells Jonathan to bring the money "____!"
10. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
11. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
(a) Open the door.
(b) Come outside now.
(c) Let him in.
(d) Bring him food.
12. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
13. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
14. After the second knock, who asked a question?
(b) The thief.
(c) The children.
15. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
2. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
3. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
4. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
5. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)