|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(c) His children.
2. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
3. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
(a) One of the children.
(b) A soldier.
4. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) That evening.
(c) Lunch time.
(d) First light.
5. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "My friends."
(b) "My brothers."
(c) "My comrades."
(d) "Happy survivors."
6. Who was violently awakened?
(a) The soldier.
(d) The carpenter.
7. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
8. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
9. What is boiling over the open fire?
(b) Cooking Oil.
10. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(b) Shillings from bar.
(c) Pennies from mangoes.
(d) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
11. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
(a) Bring him food.
(b) Open the door.
(c) Let him in.
(d) Come outside now.
12. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
13. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
14. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) His men.
(b) The hostage from the village.
15. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The police.
(c) No one they just cried out.
(d) The neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
2. What goes in the old bottles?
3. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
4. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
5. Who weeps aloud?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)