|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
2. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
(a) Several times.
(c) Three times.
3. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
4. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
5. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
(a) Pn the porch.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In his bed.
(d) On his couch.
6. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
7. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Knock heavier.
(b) Push at the door.
(c) Try to open a window.
(d) Try to open the door.
8. Who was violently awakened?
(a) The carpenter.
(c) The soldier.
9. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
10. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(b) Windows rattling.
11. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(a) His eldest son.
(b) The children.
(c) Maria and their eldest son.
12. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "My friends."
(b) "My brothers."
(c) "My comrades."
(d) "Happy survivors."
13. Now that the war is over, according to the thief leader, this is a time for ____ peace.
14. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
(a) Tie up.
15. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He bangs on the door harder.
(d) He repeats his question.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
2. What goes in the old bottles?
3. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
4. Who was sweating over an open fire?
5. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)