|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
2. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
3. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(b) A lot.
(c) At least a half doxen.
(d) At least five.
4. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
5. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
(a) The youngest child.
(b) The eldest child.
6. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) No one they just cried out.
(c) The police.
(d) The soldiers.
7. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The flower pot by the door.
(b) The vase by the door.
(c) The knocker on the door.
(d) The door.
8. Who was violently awakened?
(a) The soldier.
(d) The carpenter.
9. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
10. What is cooking on the open fire?
(d) Akara Balls.
11. How many times did the thief knock before making a demand?
(c) Three times.
(d) Several times.
12. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
(b) A soldier.
(c) One of the children.
13. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(b) First light.
(c) Lunch time.
(d) That evening.
14. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(b) A desert.
15. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) The hostage from the village.
(d) His men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
2. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
3. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
4. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
5. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)