|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
2. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(a) His children.
3. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "My friends."
(b) "Happy survivors."
(c) "My brothers."
(d) "My comrades."
4. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(b) Windows rattling.
5. What goes in the old bottles?
(a) Palm wine.
6. What is boiling over the open fire?
(b) Cooking Oil.
7. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
8. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) That evening.
(c) Lunch time.
(d) First light.
9. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(a) A lot.
(c) At least five.
(d) At least a half doxen.
10. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
11. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(a) The eldest son.
(c) The children.
12. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
13. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(a) His eldest son.
(b) Maria and their eldest son.
(d) The children.
14. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The man whose payment was stolen.
(b) The carpenter.
(c) His wife.
(d) The thief leader.
15. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
2. The thief finally tells Jonathan to bring the money "____!"
3. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
4. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
5. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)