|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
2. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Pennies from mangoes.
(b) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(c) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
(d) Shillings from bar.
3. After the thief leader's suggestion Jonathan thought he heard more ____.
(d) Windows rattling.
4. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
5. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(a) 100 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
6. What did the night watchman knock on to mark the hour?
7. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
8. Who did the thief suggest that Jonathan call for help?
9. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
(a) A captured neighbor from the village.
(b) His men.
(c) The police.
(d) The soldiers.
10. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
11. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(b) His children.
12. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) No one they just cried out.
(c) The police.
(d) The neighbors.
13. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
14. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
(a) One of the children.
(d) A soldier.
15. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Knock heavier.
(b) Try to open the door.
(c) Try to open a window.
(d) Push at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
2. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
3. Who groaned in terror at the sound of the additional voices?
4. What goes in the old bottles?
5. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)