|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
2. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
3. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
(a) Five gallons.
(b) Two liters.
(c) Four gallons.
(d) Three liters.
4. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) Pick someone else.
5. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) Lunch time.
(b) That evening.
(c) First light.
6. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(b) Become violent.
(c) Kill the family.
(d) Go inside.
7. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(a) The children.
(c) His eldest son.
(d) Maria and their eldest son.
8. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(d) His children.
9. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) In anger.
(c) In fear.
(d) He does not respond.
10. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The man whose payment was stolen.
(b) His wife.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) The thief leader.
11. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
12. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
13. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Come inside and hurt the family.
(b) Break down the door.
(c) Let hsi men have Maria.
(d) Shoot everyone inside.
14. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(a) With you.
(d) About this.
15. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
2. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
3. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
4. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
5. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)