|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(c) With you.
(d) About this.
2. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
3. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
(a) Four gallons.
(b) Five gallons.
(c) Three liters.
(d) Two liters.
4. Who was violently awakened?
(b) The carpenter.
(c) The soldier.
5. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(b) Maria and their eldest son.
(c) His eldest son.
(d) The children.
6. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
7. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
8. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
(a) He repeats his question.
(b) He bangs on the door harder.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He laughs.
9. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(b) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
(c) Shillings from bar.
(d) Pennies from mangoes.
10. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(a) A response from the police.
(b) Total silence.
(d) A response from the neighbors.
11. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
(b) Metal bowl.
(c) Small bowl.
(d) Clay bowl.
12. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
13. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(a) 20 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
14. After the cry of alarm was over, what did the thief offer to do?
(a) Be nice.
(b) Nothing, he laughed.
15. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
(a) Cooking oil.
(c) Palm wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
2. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
3. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
4. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
5. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)