|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cooking on the open fire?
(a) Akara Balls.
2. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
3. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
4. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) His men.
(b) The hostage from the village.
5. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Break down the door.
(b) Shoot everyone inside.
(c) Let hsi men have Maria.
(d) Come inside and hurt the family.
6. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(a) Go inside.
(c) Kill the family.
(d) Become violent.
7. After Jonathan responds to thief leader's suggestion now the thief leader wants to talk "____."
8. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
(b) His eldest son.
(c) The children.
(d) Maria and their eldest son.
9. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
(a) Open the door.
(b) Come outside now.
(c) Bring him food.
(d) Let him in.
10. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
11. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
12. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "My friends."
(b) "My comrades."
(c) "My brothers."
(d) "Happy survivors."
13. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
(a) He repeats his question.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He bangs on the door harder.
(d) He laughs.
14. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
15. What did the night watchman knock on to mark the hour?
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
2. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
3. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
4. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
5. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)