|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan's voice was parched and ____.
2. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
3. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) In fear.
(b) He does not respond.
(c) In anger.
4. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
(d) Tie up.
5. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(a) About this.
(c) With you.
6. What did the night watchman knock on to mark the hour?
7. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(a) Neighbors arguing.
(c) Neighborhood noises.
8. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
(b) Find someone else.
(c) Have mercy.
9. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
10. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(a) A lot.
(b) At least five.
(c) At least a half doxen.
11. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
(a) Come outside now.
(b) Open the door.
(c) Let him in.
(d) Bring him food.
12. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) Lunch time.
(c) First light.
(d) That evening.
13. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(a) Gun fire.
(b) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
14. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "My brothers."
(b) "Happy survivors."
(c) "My comrades."
(d) "My friends."
15. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) A captured neighbor from the village.
(c) His men.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
2. I am a ___ man Jonathan tells the thief.
3. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
4. What is cooking on the open fire?
5. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)