|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan begged the thief leader to ____ again and to hurry up and go.
(b) Find someone else.
(c) Have mercy.
2. What is cooking on the open fire?
(c) Akara Balls.
3. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
4. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
5. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) His men.
(b) The hostage from the village.
6. Who yells, "shut up?"
(b) Thief leader.
7. What sound rings through the sky after the money demand is made?
(c) Striking of the new hour by the watchman.
(d) Gun fire.
8. What money does Jonathan offer to the thief instead of the demanded amount?
(a) Earnings from wife's efforts.
(b) Pennies from mangoes.
(c) Shillings from bar.
(d) "Egg-rasher" pounds.
9. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Push at the door.
(b) Try to open a window.
(c) Try to open the door.
(d) Knock heavier.
10. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
(b) Palm wine.
(c) Cooking oil.
11. What goes in the old bottles?
(b) Palm wine.
12. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
13. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(a) Kill the family.
(b) Go inside.
(d) Become violent.
14. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
(a) A soldier.
(b) One of the children.
15. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
2. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
3. How much money does the thief leader demand?
4. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
5. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)