|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
(a) A captured neighbor from the village.
(b) His men.
(c) The police.
(d) The soldiers.
2. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 100 shillings.
(d) 25 shillings.
3. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(a) Kill the family.
(c) Go inside.
(d) Become violent.
4. What did the night watchman knock on to mark the hour?
5. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
6. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
7. After the cry of alarm was over, what did the thief offer to do?
(a) Be nice.
(b) Nothing, he laughed.
8. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
9. The thief tells Jonathan to _____ the smaller amount of money.
(c) Slide out.
(d) Toss out.
10. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
11. What goes in the old bottles?
(b) Palm wine.
12. Now that the war is over, according to the thief leader, this is a time for ____ peace.
13. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
(a) Come outside now.
(b) Bring him food.
(c) Let him in.
(d) Open the door.
14. The thief asks Jonathan, what we gonna do "____."
(a) With you.
(c) About this.
15. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(c) The eldest son.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
2. Jonathan was breathless while _____.
3. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
4. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
5. Who yells, "shut up?"
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)