|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(a) He does not respond.
(b) In anger.
(d) In fear.
2. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
(a) Tie up.
3. How many gallons does the container hold that Jonathan gets ready to take with him, while his neighbors watch?
(a) Five gallons.
(b) Three liters.
(c) Four gallons.
(d) Two liters.
4. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "Happy survivors."
(b) "My brothers."
(c) "My comrades."
(d) "My friends."
5. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(c) A desert.
6. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
(c) Pick someone else.
7. When Jonathan tries to negotiate what does the thief leader threaten to do?
(a) Break down the door.
(b) Come inside and hurt the family.
(c) Shoot everyone inside.
(d) Let hsi men have Maria.
8. Who helped the thief do what he offered?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) His men.
(c) The police.
(d) A captured neighbor from the village.
9. How much money does the thief leader demand?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
10. After the cry of alarm was over, what did the thief offer to do?
(a) Be nice.
(c) Nothing, he laughed.
11. Who calls Jonathan "my friend?"
(a) The thief leader.
(b) His wife.
(c) The man whose payment was stolen.
(d) The carpenter.
12. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
13. After the robbery what time do the neighbors come to Jonathan's home?
(a) That evening.
(b) First light.
(d) Lunch time.
14. What sounded like it might have fallen after the second knock?
(a) The knocker on the door.
(b) The door.
(c) The flower pot by the door.
(d) The vase by the door.
15. What does the thief leader do based on Jonathan's response to his suggestion?
(a) He repeats his question.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He bangs on the door harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
2. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
3. What is boiling over the open fire?
4. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
5. The thief asked, after the cry of alarm, "you ____ finish?".
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)