|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
(c) Tie up.
2. After hearing the offer of the smaller amount of money the thief says it is time to ___.
(a) Become violent.
(c) Kill the family.
(d) Go inside.
3. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
(a) Pn the porch.
(b) In his bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On his couch.
4. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
5. Jonathan's ___ sagged under him after the thief leader's suggestion.
6. After this demand what does the thief do?
(a) Try to open a window.
(b) Push at the door.
(c) Knock heavier.
(d) Try to open the door.
7. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
(b) Palm wine.
(d) Cooking oil.
8. Jonathan's throat felt like ____.
(c) A desert.
9. Who yells, "shut up?"
(a) Thief leader.
10. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(c) His children.
11. What is cooking on the open fire?
(b) Akara Balls.
12. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
13. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "My brothers."
(b) "Happy survivors."
(c) "My friends."
(d) "My comrades."
14. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
15. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(a) At least a half doxen.
(b) At least five.
(d) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, how does Jonathan respond to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
2. The thief insists he does not like to make "____."
3. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
4. How much money does the thief leader demand?
5. What type of bowl is over the open fire?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)