|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the thief's men feel about the smaller amount of money?
2. The old ___ bottles are being rinsed out.
3. After knocking the ___ o'clock hour the night watchman was silent.
4. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
5. What or who came immediately after the cry of alarm?
(a) A response from the police.
(b) Total silence.
(c) A response from the neighbors.
6. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
(a) On the floor.
(b) Pn the porch.
(c) On his couch.
(d) In his bed.
7. What did Jonathan hear while trying to go to sleep?
(b) Neighborhood noises.
(d) Neighbors arguing.
8. After the cry of alarm was over, what did the thief offer to do?
(a) Nothing, he laughed.
(c) Be nice.
9. Jonathan opens a small ___ box with a key to get the money out.
10. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(b) 20 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
11. Who first raised an alarm cry for help?
(b) One of the children.
(d) A soldier.
12. The thief finally tells Jonathan to bring the money "____!"
13. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
(c) Tie up.
14. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
(a) Come outside now.
(b) Bring him food.
(c) Open the door.
(d) Let him in.
15. After the second knock, who asked a question?
(b) The thief.
(c) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan finally answer to the thief leader's suggestion to call someone else for help?
2. Jonathan is usually a ____ sleeper.
3. Who was sweating over an open fire?
4. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
5. What is boiling over the open fire?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)