|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second knock on the Iwegbu door was ____ and imperious.
2. Who is in the corner getting ready for the day?
(b) The eldest son.
(d) The children.
3. The neighbors have to "____" with Jonathan and his family.
4. Jonathan kept the box near him on a ___.
5. What does Jonathan tell the thief he can have if he can find it in the house?
(a) 20 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
6. How many more voices did Jonathan think he heard outside his house after the thief's offer?
(b) A lot.
(c) At least five.
(d) At least a half doxen.
7. The thief told Jonathan he tried to help, but everyone was ____.
8. The thief leader tells Jonathan that he is not a ____ thief.
9. Silence followed after the thief and his men _______________.
(b) Raised an alarm cry for help.
(c) Stopped fighting.
(d) Stopped banging on the sides of the house.
10. Who does Jonathan call as a witness that he does not have the money the thief leader demands?
(c) His children.
11. Jonathan tells the thief he can ____ him and his family if he comes inside and finds what Jonathan does not have.
(a) Tie up.
12. Who agrees with the thief about what it is time for?
(a) His men.
(c) The hostage from the village.
13. In the cry of alarm who was said to be asleep?
14. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
15. What does the thief at the door tell the family he wants them to do?
(a) Open the door.
(b) Let him in.
(c) Come outside now.
(d) Bring him food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who weeps aloud?
2. What is Jonathan going to fill the container with?
3. Where was Jonathan sleeping when he was awakened?
4. Who is also up with Jonathan when the neighbors come to call?
5. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)