|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) It was not explained in the story.
(b) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(c) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(d) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
2. What did Jonathan accumulate a pile of?
(a) Nigerian money.
(b) American money.
(c) British money.
(d) Biafran money.
3. How many of Jonathan's children died before the war ended?
4. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
(a) To buy another bicycle.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To pay taxes.
(d) To buy firewood.
5. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
(a) A horse drawn carriage.
(b) A borrowed wagon.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) A car.
6. What does Jonathan consider a bonus from the war?
(a) His kids.
(b) His old bicycle.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friends.
7. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
8. This survivor's greeting is given in the first days of ______ after the war.
9. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
(a) No one.
(b) Nigerian president.
(d) His wife.
10. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
11. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
(a) About one every other day.
(b) About two per day.
(c) About one per day.
(d) About three per day.
12. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
13. Who had built what had now become a "mountain of rubble?
(a) His employer.
(b) A wealthy contractor.
(c) The Biafran government.
(d) The Nigerian government.
14. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
(a) A knife tip.
(b) A pound note.
15. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
(a) 6 pounds.
(b) 16 pounds.
(c) 12 pounds.
(d) 8 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
2. Where did Jonathan collect what he needed to repair his house?
3. Who made and sold akara balls?
4. What kind of house did Jonathan have?
5. What did Jonathan turn in to be able to get this award payment.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)