|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
(b) Breakfast foods.
(d) Homemade blankets.
2. How may people did Jonathan give taxi rides for?
3. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
(a) 10 shillings.
(b) 50 shillings.
(c) 5 shillings.
(d) 25 shillings.
4. Where did Jonathan wait in line?
(a) At the main gate.
(b) Outisde the camp tent.
(c) Outside the Treasury.
(d) In the government building.
5. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
(a) So he could shake hands if necessary.
(b) He is right handed.
(c) His left hand was tired.
(d) Someone tried to take it from his right hand.
6. How long is a fortnight?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 14 days.
(c) 21 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. What did Jonathan mix with his palm wine?
8. Where did Jonathan put his money as soon as his hand closed around it?
(a) His jacket pocket.
(b) His shoe.
(c) His money bag.
(d) His pants pocket.
9. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
(a) Ex-gratia award.
(b) Benefit payment.
(c) Voucher award.
(d) Survivor award.
10. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
(a) Ferrying people.
(b) Transporting food.
(c) Pulling firewood.
(d) Selling palm wine.
11. Where were the mangoes picked from?
(a) The backyard.
(b) A nearby park.
(c) Near the military cemetry.
(d) A neighbor's farm.
12. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Basket of bread.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Two handmade blankets.
(d) Five shillings.
13. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
14. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
(a) The oldest son.
(d) The youngest son.
15. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
(a) About three per day.
(b) About one every other day.
(c) About one per day.
(d) About two per day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people call the award or payment?
2. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
3. How many inestimable blessings does Jonathan come out of the war with?
4. Who made and sold akara balls?
5. What distance did Jonathan taxi?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)