|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
(a) Jonathan's bicycle.
(b) The Iwegbu home.
(c) The civil war.
(d) The Iwegbu youngest son.
2. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
(b) No one.
(c) Nigerian president.
(d) His wife.
3. How many of Jonathan's children died before the war ended?
4. Who picked mangoes?
(a) Jonathan's kids.
5. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) He does.
(c) A soldier.
(d) The carpenter.
6. What did Jonathan turn in to be able to get this award payment.
(a) Rebel printed propoganda.
(c) Old weapons.
(d) Rebel money.
7. How did Jonathan feel about having his bicycle again in such a condition?
8. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
9. What was Jonathan's house made of?
(a) Sheet metal.
(c) Mud bricks.
10. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
11. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Basket of bread.
(c) Five shillings.
(d) Two handmade blankets.
12. After the war, how many bicycles does Jonathan's family have?
13. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
(a) 16 pounds.
(b) 12 pounds.
(c) 8 pounds.
(d) 6 pounds.
14. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
15. Where was the bicycle for a year?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) Under his porch.
(c) At his father in law's house.
(d) In a pawn shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Jonathan have before the war?
2. What did Jonathan accumulate a pile of?
3. Who used Jonathan's taxi service?
4. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
5. What mismatched item was the person demanding the bicycle wearing?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)