|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jonathan mix with his palm wine?
2. What distance did Jonathan taxi?
(a) Three kilometers.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Seven kilometers.
3. What is this lead character's last name?
4. What character does the story lead with?
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A thief.
5. What did Jonathan charge per taxi trip?
(a) 15 shillings.
(b) 10 shillings.
(c) 6 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
6. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
7. Jonathan's neighborhood town is called ___ Overside.
8. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
(a) Ferrying people.
(b) Selling palm wine.
(c) Transporting food.
(d) Pulling firewood.
9. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Two handmade blankets.
(b) Five shillings.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Basket of bread.
10. How long is a fortnight?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 14 days.
(c) 21 days.
(d) 10 days.
11. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
(a) The Iwegbu youngest son.
(b) The civil war.
(c) The Iwegbu home.
(d) Jonathan's bicycle.
12. Where did Jonathan buy palm wine?
(a) Local market.
(b) Boats at harbor.
(c) Nearby villages.
(d) Neighborhhod bar.
13. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
(a) The youngest son.
(c) The oldest son.
14. What did the people call the award or payment?
(b) Great gift.
15. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
(a) Someone tried to take it from his right hand.
(b) His left hand was tired.
(c) He is right handed.
(d) So he could shake hands if necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Jonathan have before the war?
2. After getting the bicycle back, what did Jonathan do with it?
3. Where did Jonathan travel to in Paragraph 4?
4. What happened a year before Jonathan got his bicycle back?
5. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)