|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made and sold akara balls?
(b) The children.
(d) The camp cook.
2. What was inked on the clothing of the person at Jonathan's front door?
(a) Three circles.
(b) A name.
(c) Two stars.
3. Who had made a small fortune after a fortnight?
(a) The carpenter.
(d) The eldest son.
4. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(b) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
(c) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(d) It was not explained in the story.
5. Where did Jonathan go after he had his award payment?
(b) The bar.
(c) The camp.
(d) The village.
6. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
7. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
8. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
(a) 5 shillings.
(b) 25 shillings.
(c) 10 shillings.
(d) 50 shillings.
9. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
10. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
(b) Nigerian president.
(c) No one.
(d) His wife.
11. Why did Jonathan doubt the person requesting to use his bicycle?
(a) The person was not a neighbor.
(b) The way the person was dressed.
(c) The person seemed insincere.
(d) There was no paperwork for the request.
12. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The beginning of peace.
(b) The survivor's greeting.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) The reason for the war.
13. How did Maria and the children feel when they moved back into the family house?
14. How did people feel about paying Jonathan the fare?
15. What did a man do a couple of days earlier when his payment was stolen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
2. How many taxi trips did Jonathan make in a fortnight?
3. To whom were the mangoes sold?
4. What character does the story lead with?
5. Where was the bicycle for a year?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)