|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Iwegbu family house was missing all its doors and ____.
2. How did Jonathan feel about having his bicycle again in such a condition?
3. What did Jonathan accumulate a pile of?
(a) British money.
(b) Nigerian money.
(c) American money.
(d) Biafran money.
4. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
(a) Voucher award.
(b) Ex-gratia award.
(c) Survivor award.
(d) Benefit payment.
5. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Five shillings.
(b) Basket of bread.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Two handmade blankets.
6. What was inked on the clothing of the person at Jonathan's front door?
(a) Two stars.
(c) A name.
(d) Three circles.
7. How may people did Jonathan give taxi rides for?
8. This survivor's greeting is given in the first days of ______ after the war.
9. What was Jonathan's house made of?
(b) Sheet metal.
(c) Mud bricks.
10. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
(b) Close his eyes.
(d) Rub his eyes.
11. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
12. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
(a) The civil war.
(b) The Iwegbu youngest son.
(c) Jonathan's bicycle.
(d) The Iwegbu home.
13. What is Jonathan's wife's name?
14. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
(a) 5 shillings.
(b) 50 shillings.
(c) 25 shillings.
(d) 10 shillings.
15. What happened a year before Jonathan got his bicycle back?
(a) The bicycle was taken.
(b) The civil war began.
(c) Biafra won the civil war.
(d) Biafra surrended to Nigeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
2. Where did Jonathan wait in line?
3. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
4. How many inestimable blessings does Jonathan come out of the war with?
5. After getting the bicycle back, what did Jonathan do with it?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)