|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) A horse drawn carriage.
(c) A borrowed wagon.
(d) A car.
2. How many years of civil war did Jonathan and his family survive?
3. What did Jonathan accumulate a pile of?
(a) Biafran money.
(b) American money.
(c) Nigerian money.
(d) British money.
4. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
(a) To pay taxes.
(b) To buy firewood.
(c) To buy another bicycle.
(d) To buy food.
5. After a fortnight how much money did Jonathan have from his taxi service?
(a) 250 shillings.
(b) 25 shillings.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 115 pounds.
6. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
(a) Close his eyes.
(d) Rub his eyes.
7. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Two handmade blankets.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Basket of bread.
(d) Five shillings.
8. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
(a) His left hand was tired.
(b) So he could shake hands if necessary.
(c) He is right handed.
(d) Someone tried to take it from his right hand.
9. What in no way compares to the safety of Jonathan's family?
(a) A house.
(b) A bicycle.
(d) A picture.
10. How many of Jonathan's children died before the war ended?
11. Where did Jonathan go after he had his award payment?
(b) The camp.
(c) The bar.
(d) The village.
12. Where did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(a) Through local shop.
(b) From his bicycle.
(c) From his market booth.
(d) From his bar.
13. What were the mangoes sold for?
(a) A shilling.
(b) A few pennies.
(c) A pound.
(d) Two shillings.
14. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
15. What was inked on the clothing of the person at Jonathan's front door?
(b) Two stars.
(c) A name.
(d) Three circles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
2. How many taxi trips did Jonathan make in a fortnight?
3. What does Jonathan consider a bonus from the war?
4. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
5. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)