|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The end of the war.
(b) The reason for the war.
(c) The beginning of peace.
(d) The survivor's greeting.
2. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
(a) So he could shake hands if necessary.
(b) His left hand was tired.
(c) Someone tried to take it from his right hand.
(d) He is right handed.
3. How did Jonathan feel about having his bicycle again in such a condition?
4. How long is a fortnight?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 21 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
(a) About three per day.
(b) About one every other day.
(c) About one per day.
(d) About two per day.
6. Where did Jonathan buy palm wine?
(a) Boats at harbor.
(b) Local market.
(c) Nearby villages.
(d) Neighborhhod bar.
7. Where did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(a) From his market booth.
(b) From his bicycle.
(c) From his bar.
(d) Through local shop.
8. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
9. Where was the bicycle for a year?
(a) In a pawn shop.
(b) At his father in law's house.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) Under his porch.
10. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
11. Who had built what had now become a "mountain of rubble?
(a) His employer.
(b) The Biafran government.
(c) A wealthy contractor.
(d) The Nigerian government.
12. Where did Jonathan travel to in Paragraph 4?
13. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
(b) Close his eyes.
(d) Rub his eyes.
14. To whom were the mangoes sold?
(b) Soldiers' wives.
(c) Camp officials.
15. The tools used to repair the Iwegbu house were a blunt plan, a hammer and bent ___ nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan consider a bonus from the war?
2. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
3. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
4. What did Jonathan charge per taxi trip?
5. Where did Jonathan put his money as soon as his hand closed around it?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)