|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jonathan wait in line?
(a) Outside the Treasury.
(b) Outisde the camp tent.
(c) At the main gate.
(d) In the government building.
2. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(b) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
(c) It was not explained in the story.
(d) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
3. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
(b) Homemade blankets.
(c) Breakfast foods.
4. This survivor's greeting is given in the first days of ______ after the war.
5. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
(a) A head wrap.
(b) A rolled up cap.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A hole.
6. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
7. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
(a) His left hand was tired.
(b) He is right handed.
(c) Someone tried to take it from his right hand.
(d) So he could shake hands if necessary.
8. Where did Jonathan collect to repair his house?
(b) Building materials.
9. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
(c) More meat.
(d) Corn meal.
10. Who made and sold akara balls?
(b) The camp cook.
(c) The children.
11. How many inestimable blessings does Jonathan come out of the war with?
12. What was Jonathan's occupation before the civil war?
(b) Taxi Service.
13. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The reason for the war.
(b) The survivor's greeting.
(c) The beginning of peace.
(d) The end of the war.
14. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
(a) He does.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) His neighbor.
15. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
(a) A horse drawn carriage.
(b) A borrowed wagon.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jonathan find when he arrived?
2. Where did Jonathan go after he had his award payment?
3. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
4. How had Jonathan originally planned to use the money needed to buy back the bicycle?
5. Where did Jonathan travel to in Paragraph 4?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)