|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had built what had now become a "mountain of rubble?
(a) The Nigerian government.
(b) The Biafran government.
(c) His employer.
(d) A wealthy contractor.
2. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
3. What had become a "mountain of rubble" two houses down?
(a) His house.
(b) A concrete edifice.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
4. Where did Jonathan go after he had his award payment?
(b) The camp.
(c) The village.
(d) The bar.
5. Where were the mangoes picked from?
(a) A neighbor's farm.
(b) A nearby park.
(c) The backyard.
(d) Near the military cemetry.
6. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
7. Who had made a small fortune after a fortnight?
(b) The eldest son.
(c) The carpenter.
8. After a fortnight how much money did Jonathan have from his taxi service?
(a) 250 shillings.
(b) 25 shillings.
(c) 115 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
9. Where did Jonathan wait in line?
(a) Outisde the camp tent.
(b) At the main gate.
(c) In the government building.
(d) Outside the Treasury.
10. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
(a) A knife tip.
(d) A pound note.
11. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
(a) 16 pounds.
(b) 8 pounds.
(c) 12 pounds.
(d) 6 pounds.
12. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
(a) Selling palm wine.
(b) Transporting food.
(c) Ferrying people.
(d) Pulling firewood.
13. What did Jonathan mix with his palm wine?
14. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The end of the war.
(b) The survivor's greeting.
(c) The beginning of peace.
(d) The reason for the war.
15. Where did Jonathan collect what he needed to repair his house?
(a) The camp.
(b) The trash.
(d) Debris in neghborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
2. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
3. How many inestimable blessings does Jonathan come out of the war with?
4. How did people feel about paying Jonathan the fare?
5. How many taxi trips did Jonathan make in a fortnight?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)