|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(b) Soldier's wives.
(c) Government visitors.
2. What was Jonathan's house made of?
(c) Mud bricks.
(d) Sheet metal.
3. Where was the bicycle for a year?
(a) At his father in law's house.
(b) In a pawn shop.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) Under his porch.
4. How many inestimable blessings does Jonathan come out of the war with?
5. Who used Jonathan's taxi service?
(a) Camp officials.
6. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
(a) Voucher award.
(b) Benefit payment.
(c) Ex-gratia award.
(d) Survivor award.
7. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
(a) A rolled up cap.
(b) A hole.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A head wrap.
8. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
(a) 25 shillings.
(b) 10 shillings.
(c) 5 shillings.
(d) 50 shillings.
9. What did Jonathan find when he arrived?
(b) A strange sight.
(c) Another miracle.
10. After getting the bicycle back, what did Jonathan do with it?
(a) Hide it at his neighbor's house.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Bury it.
(d) Give it to his son.
11. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Two handmade blankets.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Five shillings.
(d) Basket of bread.
12. Who had built what had now become a "mountain of rubble?
(a) The Nigerian government.
(b) The Biafran government.
(c) A wealthy contractor.
(d) His employer.
13. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
(a) Jonathan's bicycle.
(b) The Iwegbu youngest son.
(c) The Iwegbu home.
(d) The civil war.
14. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
15. What condition were the clothes of the person requesting Jonathan's bicycle?
(b) In rags.
(c) Overly large.
(d) Too tight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jonathan collect what he needed to repair his house?
2. What mismatched item was the person demanding the bicycle wearing?
3. What was Jonathan's occupation before the civil war?
4. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
5. To whom were the akara balls sold.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)