|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
2. Where did Jonathan's taxi go?
(a) The closest village.
(b) The nearest tarred road.
(c) The town market.
(d) The harbor.
3. How many children did Jonathan have before the war?
4. Who picked mangoes?
(c) Jonathan's kids.
5. What did a man do a couple of days earlier when his payment was stolen?
6. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
7. How many sheets were missing from the roof?
8. Why did Jonathan switch his money from his right to his left hand after he left the crowd?
(a) His left hand was tired.
(b) Someone tried to take it from his right hand.
(c) So he could shake hands if necessary.
(d) He is right handed.
9. After a fortnight how much money did Jonathan have from his taxi service?
(a) 25 shillings.
(b) 250 shillings.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 115 pounds.
10. Where did Jonathan travel to in Paragraph 4?
11. What kind of house did Jonathan have?
(a) A wooden house.
(b) A straw house.
(c) A zinc house.
(d) A concrete house.
12. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
(a) The butcher shop.
(b) The school.
(c) His church.
(d) His house.
13. What was Jonathan's house made of?
(a) Mud bricks.
(c) Sheet metal.
14. Where did Jonathan collect to repair his house?
(d) Building materials.
15. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
2. What condition were the clothes of the person requesting Jonathan's bicycle?
3. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
4. Who had made a small fortune after a fortnight?
5. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)