|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a fortnight how much money did Jonathan have from his taxi service?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 25 shillings.
(c) 250 shillings.
(d) 115 pounds.
2. Who hired a carpenter?
(b) The village.
(d) The contractor.
3. What do survivors say as a greeting when they meet other survivors for the first time after the war is over?
(a) "We survived!"
(b) "Good to be alive!"
(c) "Glad you made it!"
(d) "Happy Survival!"
4. What in no way compares to the safety of Jonathan's family?
(a) A picture.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A house.
5. Where did Jonathan buy palm wine?
(a) Neighborhhod bar.
(b) Nearby villages.
(c) Local market.
(d) Boats at harbor.
6. How may people did Jonathan give taxi rides for?
7. How many children did Jonathan have before the war?
8. If Jonathan had only made one taxi trip daily for a fortnight how much would he have made with his taxi service in this time?
(a) 136 shillings.
(b) 78 shillings.
(c) 96 pounds.
(d) 84 pounds.
9. What were the mangoes sold for?
(a) A pound.
(b) Two shillings.
(c) A shilling.
(d) A few pennies.
10. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The beginning of peace.
(b) The reason for the war.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) The survivor's greeting.
11. To whom were the mangoes sold?
(b) Soldiers' wives.
(d) Camp officials.
12. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
(b) Breakfast foods.
(d) Homemade blankets.
13. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(b) It was not explained in the story.
(c) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(d) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
14. What was inked on the clothing of the person at Jonathan's front door?
(a) Two stars.
(b) Three circles.
(c) A name.
15. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
(a) About one every other day.
(b) About three per day.
(c) About one per day.
(d) About two per day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
2. The Iwegbu family house was missing all its doors and ____.
3. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
4. What did Jonathan mix with his palm wine?
5. What did a man do a couple of days earlier when his payment was stolen?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)