|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
(a) A car.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) A horse drawn carriage.
(d) A borrowed wagon.
2. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
(a) The civil war.
(b) The Iwegbu home.
(c) Jonathan's bicycle.
(d) The Iwegbu youngest son.
3. What is this lead character's last name?
4. What did Jonathan find when he arrived?
(b) A strange sight.
(d) Another miracle.
5. Where did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(a) From his bar.
(b) From his market booth.
(c) From his bicycle.
(d) Through local shop.
6. What was Jonathan's occupation before the civil war?
(c) Taxi Service.
7. Where did Jonathan collect what he needed to repair his house?
(a) The trash.
(c) Debris in neghborhood.
(d) The camp.
8. What goes deep to Jonathan's heart?
(a) The survivor's greeting.
(b) The reason for the war.
(c) The beginning of peace.
(d) The end of the war.
9. What did Jonathan charge per taxi trip?
(a) 15 shillings.
(b) 6 pounds.
(c) 10 shillings.
(d) 20 pounds.
10. Who had built what had now become a "mountain of rubble?
(a) A wealthy contractor.
(b) The Biafran government.
(c) His employer.
(d) The Nigerian government.
11. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
12. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
(a) He does.
(b) A soldier.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The carpenter.
13. Where did Jonathan buy palm wine?
(a) Local market.
(b) Neighborhhod bar.
(c) Nearby villages.
(d) Boats at harbor.
14. What did Jonathan mix with his palm wine?
15. Where did Jonathan collect to repair his house?
(a) Building materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jonathan's overall attitude or mood in the first paragraph of the story?
2. What did the people call the award or payment?
3. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
4. What were the mangoes sold for?
5. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)