|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Jonathan stand in line for the "windfall?"
2. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
(a) About one per day.
(b) About one every other day.
(c) About three per day.
(d) About two per day.
3. Who made and sold akara balls?
(c) The camp cook.
(d) The children.
4. How long is a fortnight?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 14 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 21 days.
5. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
(a) The butcher shop.
(b) His house.
(c) His church.
(d) The school.
6. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
(a) More meat.
(b) Corn meal.
7. The Iwegbu family house was missing all its doors and ____.
8. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
(a) He does.
(b) The carpenter.
(c) A soldier.
(d) His neighbor.
9. How much money in Biafran pounds was paid to the carpenter for the repairs?
10. Where did Jonathan go daily to see "what was what?"
(a) The Coal Corporation offices.
(b) The Treasury.
(c) The village meeting spot.
(d) The local bar.
11. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
12. Who picked mangoes?
(b) Jonathan's kids.
13. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one.
(c) Nigerian president.
14. What was peeping from the shoes of the person demanding Jonathan's bicycle?
(a) A knife tip.
(c) A pound note.
15. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(b) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(c) It was not explained in the story.
(d) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this lead character's last name?
2. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
3. How did people feel about paying Jonathan the fare?
4. What in no way compares to the safety of Jonathan's family?
5. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)