|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made and sold akara balls?
(a) The children.
(c) The camp cook.
2. To whom did Jonathan sell palm wine?
(b) Government visitors.
(c) Soldier's wives.
3. To whom were the mangoes sold?
(a) Camp officials.
(c) Soldiers' wives.
4. What distance did Jonathan taxi?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Three kilometers.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Seven kilometers.
5. Where was the bicycle for a year?
(a) Under his porch.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) At his father in law's house.
(d) In a pawn shop.
6. Why did Jonathan doubt the person requesting to use his bicycle?
(a) There was no paperwork for the request.
(b) The person was not a neighbor.
(c) The person seemed insincere.
(d) The way the person was dressed.
7. What did Jonathan charge per taxi trip?
(a) 15 shillings.
(b) 6 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 10 shillings.
8. What do survivors say as a greeting when they meet other survivors for the first time after the war is over?
(a) "Glad you made it!"
(b) "Good to be alive!"
(c) "Happy Survival!"
(d) "We survived!"
9. Where did Jonathan travel to in Paragraph 4?
10. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
(a) Ex-gratia award.
(b) Survivor award.
(c) Benefit payment.
(d) Voucher award.
11. After the war, how many bicycles does Jonathan's family have?
12. Who picked mangoes?
(b) Jonathan's kids.
13. The Iwegbu family house was missing all its doors and ____.
14. What was Jonathan's house made of?
(a) Mud bricks.
(b) Sheet metal.
15. Who used Jonathan's taxi service?
(c) Camp officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
2. How many of Jonathan's children died before the war ended?
3. How may people did Jonathan give taxi rides for?
4. The tools used to repair the Iwegbu house were a blunt plan, a hammer and bent ___ nails.
5. How did Maria and the children feel when they moved back into the family house?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)