|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was inked on the clothing of the person at Jonathan's front door?
(a) A name.
(b) Two stars.
(d) Three circles.
2. What mismatched item was the person demanding the bicycle wearing?
(a) Pants and Shirt.
3. Where did Jonathan go after he had his award payment?
(a) The bar.
(b) The camp.
(d) The village.
4. The tools used to repair the Iwegbu house were a blunt plan, a hammer and bent ___ nails.
5. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
(b) Rub his eyes.
(d) Close his eyes.
6. How many years of civil war did Jonathan and his family survive?
7. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) It was not explained in the story.
(b) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(c) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
(d) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
8. What does Jonathan count himself to be?
9. In Paragraph 2 of the story we find the history of what object?
(a) The Iwegbu youngest son.
(b) Jonathan's bicycle.
(c) The civil war.
(d) The Iwegbu home.
10. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
11. What kind of house did Jonathan have?
(a) A straw house.
(b) A concrete house.
(c) A zinc house.
(d) A wooden house.
12. Who from Jonathan's family was near the bicycle for the year?
(a) The oldest son.
(c) The youngest son.
13. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
(a) Ex-gratia award.
(b) Benefit payment.
(c) Survivor award.
(d) Voucher award.
14. What did Maria sell to camp officials for extra food?
(a) Homemade blankets.
(b) Breakfast foods.
15. Who used Jonathan's taxi service?
(b) Camp officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the mangoes sold for?
2. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
3. What do survivors say as a greeting when they meet other survivors for the first time after the war is over?
4. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
5. Besides fish, what other food item did Maria get from her exchanges with camp officials?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)