|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many inestimable blessings does Jonathan come out of the war with?
2. How did Jonathan accumulate this "pile"?
(a) Selling palm wine.
(b) Transporting food.
(c) Ferrying people.
(d) Pulling firewood.
3. If Jonathan had only made one taxi trip daily for a fortnight how much would he have made with his taxi service in this time?
(a) 96 pounds.
(b) 84 pounds.
(c) 78 shillings.
(d) 136 shillings.
4. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
5. Why did Jonathan doubt the person requesting to use his bicycle?
(a) The person seemed insincere.
(b) The person was not a neighbor.
(c) There was no paperwork for the request.
(d) The way the person was dressed.
6. What character does the story lead with?
(b) A thief.
(c) A carpenter.
7. How many children did Jonathan have before the war?
8. Where did Jonathan put his money as soon as his hand closed around it?
(a) His pants pocket.
(b) His money bag.
(c) His jacket pocket.
(d) His shoe.
9. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
10. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
(a) About two per day.
(b) About one every other day.
(c) About one per day.
(d) About three per day.
11. Who owns the old bicycle that Jonathan considers a miracle?
(a) A soldier.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) He does.
12. How many children does Jonathan have after the war?
13. What did the man have in his pocket that was big enough to pass a thief's head thorough?
(a) A head wrap.
(b) A hole.
(c) A rolled up cap.
(d) A wallet.
14. What was inked on the clothing of the person at Jonathan's front door?
(a) Three circles.
(b) Two stars.
(c) A name.
15. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
(b) It was not explained in the story.
(c) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(d) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the mangoes picked from?
2. What did Jonathan accumulate a pile of?
3. What did Jonathan find still standing in his neighborhood?
4. What did Jonathan find when he arrived?
5. To whom were the mangoes sold?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)