|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Iwegbu family house was missing all its doors and ____.
2. What caused the value of the Biafra pound to plummet?
(a) It was not explained in the story.
(b) Surrender of the Republic of Biafra.
(c) Assassination of the leader of the Republic of Biafra.
(d) War was declared on the Republic of Biafra.
3. What did Jonathan give to get his bicycle back?
(a) Two handmade blankets.
(b) Five shillings.
(c) Basket of bread.
(d) Two pounds.
4. Where were the mangoes picked from?
(a) A neighbor's farm.
(b) The backyard.
(c) A nearby park.
(d) Near the military cemetry.
5. Who made and sold akara balls?
(a) The camp cook.
(d) The children.
6. How much money was counted into Jonathan's palms?
(a) 15 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
7. What were the mangoes sold for?
(a) A pound.
(b) A few pennies.
(c) Two shillings.
(d) A shilling.
8. What amount was taken from the amn?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 15 pounds.
9. How many years of civil war did Jonathan and his family survive?
10. What did Jonathan charge per taxi trip?
(a) 6 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 10 shillings.
(d) 15 shillings.
11. To whom did Jonathan attribute all understanding of such happenings?
(b) No one.
(c) Nigerian president.
(d) His wife.
12. Where did Jonathan go daily to see "what was what?"
(a) The Treasury.
(b) The Coal Corporation offices.
(c) The village meeting spot.
(d) The local bar.
13. What did Jonathan turn in to be able to get this award payment.
(a) Rebel printed propoganda.
(b) Rebel money.
(d) Old weapons.
14. During the war, who requested Jonathan's bicycle for "urgent" action?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A man in military uniform.
(c) His son.
(d) A neighbor.
15. How many trips per day, on average, did Jonathan make in his taxi?
(a) About one every other day.
(b) About one per day.
(c) About two per day.
(d) About three per day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the government name for the money Jonathan was given after waiting in line?
2. To whom were the akara balls sold.
3. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
4. Where did Jonathan buy palm wine?
5. What did Jonathan use as a taxi?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)