|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 37-41 (Page 4).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did this person call first to help in the alarm cry?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The police.
(d) No one they just cried out.
2. In his attempt to negotiate, how does Jonathan address the thief and his men?
(a) "Happy survivors."
(b) "My friends."
(c) "My comrades."
(d) "My brothers."
3. How many human heads are safe in Jonathan's family?
4. How much money does Jonathan say that he has?
(a) 100 shillings.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 25 shillings.
(d) 50 pounds.
5. Who asked Jonathan, "who is knocking?"
(a) The chidlren.
(b) Their house guest.
(c) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Jonathan began this negotiation his voice had become ____.
2. What did Jonathan do before he looked again at the "unbelievable?"
3. What is this lead character's last name?
4. What is the equivalent Nigerian currency amount for the Boafran pounds paid to the carpenter?
5. On average how many pounds did Jonathan earn per day with his taxi service?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)